Figo to Inter

adios

Not exactly breaking news but I just noticed that Figo finally signed for Inter last Friday.

I was very much in 2 minds about him signing at the time (great ability but was he just after a final pay day) but I have to say I think he might not have been a bad idea now - or is that just the desperation showing?

figo_arty.jpg

Internazionale have confirmed the signing of Real Madrid wide man Luis Figo.

The 32-year-old Portuguese schemer has ended a five-year association with the Spanish giants to try his hand in Italy.

Figo moved to Real in acrimonious circumstances when he arrived at the capital outfit in July 2000, for a then world record fee of $56 million from rivals Barcelona.

Despite having established himself as a firm fans' favourite at the Bernabeu in the intervening five years, Figo saw his stock fall last season and he spent an increasing amount of time on the bench.

Liverpool had also been keen on the player's signature but, having failed to broker an agreement with Real, Figo has opted for a move to Serie A.

Figo becomes the third Real player to make the move to Inter this summer - with Argentine duo Santiago Solari and Walter Samuel having both previously made the same journey.

Source

Actually, on second thoughts he looks like a total woman in that pic, not bothered.