Dean Ashton

LeazesMag

Shame we didn't get him a year or two ago.

He played with Chopra for the England youth teams.

Owen, Bellamy and Ashton would be a canny 3 forwards at the club.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

135675[/snapback]

Add Shola to that and we've a great set of 4. ;)

Looks a top player alright Ashton, reckon he'd be absolutely ideally suited to playing with Owen, pity we didn't get him a few years back as you say. Would likely cost us upwards of £10m now though, so it's hard to see it happening.

Guest Sima
Shouldn't he be going to Germany - at leasr ahead of Jenas joke and the Bayern bottler.

135705[/snapback]

Seen Hargreaves play much this season?

Shouldn't he be going to Germany - at leasr ahead of Jenas joke and the Bayern bottler.

135705[/snapback]

He's not a midfielder though.

Still looks a decent player - quite Sheringham-esque. Perhaps not scored enough, and he's very slow too.

135705[/snapback]

Seen Hargreaves play much this season?

135723[/snapback]

Don't know about Swindon, but I have. What do you reckon to his Bundesliga performances, both specifically and overall?

Guest Sima

I think he's been excellent for Bayern. The reason he gets slated for his performances for England is that he comes on with 20 minutes to go and is shoe-horned into a posistion that's normally alien to him. Just cheeses me off when people have half-baked opinions that are mainly formed from reading gutter press that are just as clueless as the people that read the tripe and believe it.

135675[/snapback]

Im sure this was said tongue in cheek but you have got more chance of shearer coming out of retirement at sunderland than bellamy coming back here. The board, the players, most fans and most likely the manager hate him with a passion. he wouldnt be safe to walk the streets on a night in the north east.

Its been over a year now since he left and he aint coming back, never ever, no matter how much people bang on about it ;)

I think he's been excellent for Bayern.  The reason he gets slated for his performances for England is that he comes on with 20 minutes to go and is shoe-horned into a posistion that's normally alien to him.  Just cheeses me off when people have half-baked opinions that are mainly formed from reading gutter press that are just as clueless as the people that read the tripe and believe it.

135793[/snapback]

got a season ticket there like?

How the fuck do you know hes been excellent for bayern, apart from watching their goals in golazo every thursday night ;)

I think he's been excellent for Bayern.  The reason he gets slated for his performances for England is that he comes on with 20 minutes to go and is shoe-horned into a posistion that's normally alien to him.  Just cheeses me off when people have half-baked opinions that are mainly formed from reading gutter press that are just as clueless as the people that read the tripe and believe it.

135793[/snapback]

How the fuck do you know hes been excellent for bayern, apart from watching their goals in golazo every thursday night ;)

135849[/snapback]

:icon_lol::lol:

Guest Sima

135793[/snapback]

135849[/snapback]

I've seen their games on Setanta you twonk.

135793[/snapback]

135849[/snapback]

I've seen their games on Setanta you twonk.

135857[/snapback]

Is the Setanta coverage of the French, German and Italian football anygood Sima? I think my old boys going to be buying it this year, I pay 42 for my Sky and month and then the Prem Plus season ticket on top so there was no way I was going to pay the £140 or whatever it is for it, but if my dads getting it, I'm sure I`ll watch it now and again.

Guest Sima

It's allright, but don't expect it to be as polished as SS is. It has come a long way from the coverage they had of one of our Intertoto games.

135675[/snapback]

Im sure this was said tongue in cheek but you have got more chance of shearer coming out of retirement at sunderland than bellamy coming back here. The board, the players, most fans and most likely the manager hate him with a passion. he wouldnt be safe to walk the streets on a night in the north east.

Its been over a year now since he left and he aint coming back, never ever, no matter how much people bang on about it :D

135848[/snapback]

all incorrect

135675[/snapback]

Its been over a year now since he left and he aint coming back, never ever, no matter how much people bang on about it :icon_lol:

135848[/snapback]

all incorrect

135870[/snapback]

So the stumbling block is the board? :D

:D

135675[/snapback]

Its been over a year now since he left and he aint coming back, never ever, no matter how much people bang on about it :icon_lol:

135848[/snapback]

all incorrect

135870[/snapback]

So the stumbling block is the board? :D

135871[/snapback]

No. Because I think the board would back the manager if he wanted to bring him back, as they always back their managers, which is what good boards do. You're pretty sharp today, I wondered how long it would take someone to spot that as I deliberately left it open.

Edited by LeazesMag

135675[/snapback]

Its been over a year now since he left and he aint coming back, never ever, no matter how much people bang on about it :D

135848[/snapback]

all incorrect

135870[/snapback]

Yet its impressive that Souness' bullshit (and the lack of brains amongst some people)is such that they still spout this stuff.

One player (Shearer) possibly hates him though i haven't heard this from Shearer's mouth myself, but lets give them this one.

None of the other players came out against Bellamy, whereas Hughes, Robert, Kluivert, Bramble, Bernard and others all spoke up for him as a player and often as a person :D Ex managers spoke up for him as well, but what would they know!

Roeder had little or nothign to do with Bellamy but he also isn't one of Souness braindead cronies so he will have either no opinion on Bellamy or he will have his own opinion reached on the basis of him as a player.

As for most fans, i haven't spoken to them all but that is also bollocks. Theres a large number of toon fans who wory about what players give you on the pitch instead of listening to the words of a twat of a manager and his cronies, they would want Bellamy here. Theres also a large number of fans who probaly hate him or at least dislike him as a person but still have the sense to see the team is better of with him anf thats what counts.

There are some fans who wouldn't have him back, thats their choice and i have no problem with it.

As for the board Fat Fred has already said in the past that he backed the manager, but if the boss wanted him to stay he could have.

So the statement:

The board, the players, most fans and most likely the manager hate him with a passion. he wouldnt be safe to walk the streets on a night in the north east.

Is one of the biggest loads of shite i've heard on here and thats saying something!

So the statement:

The board, the players, most fans and most likely the manager hate him with a passion. he wouldnt be safe to walk the streets on a night in the north east.

Is one of the biggest loads of shite i've heard on here and thats saying something!

:D hardly

Lineker, Hansen and Wright were openly taking the piss out of him on the BBC, now thats saying something!

Its funny how most players hang around with other players

Dyer, Bramble, Jenas

Shearer, Speed, Lee etc.

Bellamy had no mates at the club if the rumours are true. He attacked the first team coach, racially abused a bouncer, admitted to lying about his fitness cos he didnt want to play where he was told and then slated the club captain and manager as/when/during his leaving.

If you honestly believe that Freddy would let Roeder bring him back you must be smoking something, cos THAT is the biggest load of shite ive ever heard on here!!

I cant believe people actually think our shit season would have been any different with bellamy playing for us. We might have had a few more goals but it wouldnt have stopped our woeful displays and our kamikaze defending that kept us in the bottom half of the table for most of the season!

So if Bellamy had scored his 13 Premiership goals for us instead of Blackburn, you seriously think our season wouldn't have been better ???

I cant believe people actually think our shit season would have been any different with bellamy playing for us. We might have had a few more goals but it wouldnt have stopped our woeful displays and our kamikaze defending that kept us in the bottom half of the table for most of the season!

136071[/snapback]

He would have added that extra pace we lacked up front all season.

He would have ran into positions that Ameobi and Shearer can't, thus bringing the best out of the likes of Solano and Emre who would then have the option to play a more passing game on the deck and show use their passing ability with through balls created from the runs of Bellamy.

He wouldn't have caused the team to defend from the front. Thus helping the defence, some may disagree but anyone who was at St James Park through the years Bellamy was playing up top could not argue that we defended better as a team when he was playing. Bellamys constant closing down of centre halfs and the opposition gave a greater urgency throughout the whole team. Whilst Shearer and Ameobi stand off and invite teams onto us, Bellamy would chase everything which resulted in our midfield following suit and pushing on, creating a greater urgency and all round better play.

By not selling him we also would not have had to splash the cash on the likes of Luque that would have meant an extra 4 or 5 million that could have been spent in strengthening us at the back.

No one knows what trouble he may or may not have caused but I am certain he would have added a hell of alot more than a few goals....

but if he had been playing in our team instead of blackburns chances are he wouldnt have scored 13 goals. anyhoo, they only finished 1 place above us so he hardly turned them in to a force to be reckoned with!

I agree with J69 in that he's never coming back here.....

But there's no way that you can't say he wouldn't have had an effect had he been here instead of Blackburn. Odious little turd he may be, but if he'd been playing in those games where we were lacking up front and Owen was not fit it might just have changed the outcome of the game, and therefore the season...