Dean Ashton

LeazesMag

hardly, he left the ground last week of his own accord after finding himself not even in the squad.

137079[/snapback]

Why wasn't he in the squad? Wasn't for squaring up to Ronadlo and acting like a spoilt git because he didn't pass him the ball, was it?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And before you give me that shite about 'he has so much more to his game than scoring goals' . . . . . I dont care. Strikers are there to score goals first and foremost, not to help out the defenders or create in midfield, otherwise play him in defense or midfield!

137040[/snapback]

So England is better off without Rooney? :lol:

Bellamy's gone and he isn't coming back btw :lol:

137146[/snapback]

I think you find he allegedly has a £6mill buy back clause. LeazesMag told me so it must be true.

137295[/snapback]

Buy out clause to certain named clubs, of which we are one.

But lots of players have this or similar.

And before you give me that shite about 'he has so much more to his game than scoring goals' . . . . . I dont care. Strikers are there to score goals first and foremost, not to help out the defenders or create in midfield, otherwise play him in defense or midfield!

137040[/snapback]

137119[/snapback]

Rooney scores goals. I dont get it. Im sure you were one of the first to slag off crouch cos he doesnt score enough and therefore wasnt good enough for england?

hardly, he left the ground last week of his own accord after finding himself not even in the squad.

137079[/snapback]

Why wasn't he in the squad? Wasn't for squaring up to Ronadlo and acting like a spoilt git because he didn't pass him the ball, was it?

137093[/snapback]

all relative tbh. He didnt

-feign injury

-refuse to play out of position

-assault the first team coach

-swear at the manager on live tv

-text the club captain abusing him

-racially abuse bouncers

137040[/snapback]

137119[/snapback]

Rooney scores goals. I dont get it. Im sure you were one of the first to slag off crouch cos he doesnt score enough and therefore wasnt good enough for england?

137398[/snapback]

Rooney: 16 goals in 36 matches

Bellamy: 13 goals in 27 matches

Are you really suggesting that Rooney's game is rather about scoring goals than his work rate all over the pitch?

And I am quite happy with Crouch up front for England. I doubt I ever suggested anything else tbh ;)

Edited by Isegrim

Guest alex
bad season for rooney vs a good season for bellamy and rooney still wins tbh

137411[/snapback]

It's Rooney's best ever season in terms of goals scored though.

bad season for rooney vs a good season for bellamy and rooney still wins tbh

137411[/snapback]

It's Rooney's best ever season in terms of goals scored though.

137426[/snapback]

I knew J69 would come up with this nonsense. He doesnt't even bother about thinking before he posts... :lol:

Guest alex

I don't really want to get into, since it's been done to death, but anyone who has watched Bellamy would know that his game is about so much more than the goals he scores. He makes the centre-halves' jobs an absolute nightmare when he's on-song, which has a massive knock-on effect for his team mates.

I don't really want to get into, since it's been done to death, but anyone who has watched Bellamy would know that his game is about so much more than the goals he scores. He makes the centre-halves' jobs an absolute nightmare when he's on-song, which has a massive knock-on effect for his team mates.

137438[/snapback]

I still remember him watching in one of his first games in the Intertoto against 1860 Munich. I was very suspicious about his signing then (6 million for a donkey) and it looked for me as if he was running around like a headless chicken (with Duracells up his arse) as he was chasing every ball and every defender in the opposition half. IMHO Bobby Robson soon taught him to use his energy more wisely and it became a huge asset to the team.

Guest alex

137438[/snapback]

I still remember him watching in one of his first games in the Intertoto against 1860 Munich. I was very suspicious about his signing then (6 million for a donkey) and it looked for me as if he was running around like a headless chicken (with Duracells up his arse) as he was chasing every ball and every defender in the opposition half. IMHO Bobby Robson soon taught him to use his energy more wisely and it became a huge asset to the team.

137445[/snapback]

Also, he'd played alongside Shola (Shearer was injured) in the Intertoto. Alongside Big Al, he looked a far better player.

J69 is Toontastics Taylor27.

137446[/snapback]

:lol: hardly. everyone is allowed their own opinion in football. Ive played and coached at a higher level than most on here, ridicule me for saying it if you like but its true. Ive never said Bellamy isnt a good player. Just that hes not worth the hassle and hes not as good as a lot on here make out. I wish id never got into the whole comparing him with nistlerooy, rooney thing cos its got nowt to do with it tbh

137446[/snapback]

:lol: hardly. everyone is allowed their own opinion in football. Ive played and coached at a higher level than most on here, ridicule me for saying it if you like but its true. Ive never said Bellamy isnt a good player. Just that hes not worth the hassle and hes not as good as a lot on here make out. I wish id never got into the whole comparing him with nistlerooy, rooney thing cos its got nowt to do with it tbh

137464[/snapback]

You also offered your expert opinion on shoulder injuries... ;)

Guest alex

137446[/snapback]

137464[/snapback]

To be honest, no one knows what level you or anyone else has played or coached at on here, so that's a worthless comment. Neither does it alter the fact that Rooney has had his best season in terms of goals scored but according to your flawed argument he's had a bad season. You were also on dodgy ground when you pointed at Bellamy's goal tally as suggesting he wasn't as good as some other strikers you mentioned. I don't think Bellamy is better than Rooney by the way before you ask.

137040[/snapback]

137119[/snapback]

137398[/snapback]

Bellamy: 27 matches

137403[/snapback]

Injury prone tbh.. Shearer played more than that and I can't count as high as his age.

137446[/snapback]

137464[/snapback]

You also offered your expert opinion on shoulder injuries... :icon_lol:

137477[/snapback]

did I ;) what did i say? some people on here have better memories than elephants!

137446[/snapback]

137464[/snapback]

You also offered your expert opinion on shoulder injuries... :icon_lol:

137477[/snapback]

did I ;) what did i say? some people on here have better memories than elephants!

137493[/snapback]

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2971

:rolleyes:

137446[/snapback]

137464[/snapback]

Yet you don't think a striker is involved in contributing to the defence of a team? ;)

What level have you played up to by the way, and what position?

137079[/snapback]

137093[/snapback]

-feign injury

-racially abuse bouncers

137400[/snapback]

And people would still want him back after all that. It's a different scenario to wanting him to stay, but it would be stupid to go and buy back a player who has done all those offences.

137079[/snapback]

137093[/snapback]

-feign injury

-racially abuse bouncers

137400[/snapback]

got a fact for you j69.

Between the away game against sunderland in Feb 2002 when he had to go off, and the summer of 2004, Craig Bellamy played in 54 games for Newcastle United, during all of those games he was never fully fit, and after every game [and propbably during] his knee caused him pain and he knew another knock on it could have finished his career. Hence him being told he could only play one game a week, and that is the weeks he wasn't on the treatment table.

What do you think of that eh ? [although you should be aware of it anyway]

So only a complete fuckwit would ignore all of that and accuse him of "refusing to play out of position" or "feigning injury".

Swearing at the manager on live TV - Souness got off lucky there, because having been assaulted on the training ground by Souness, Bellamy should have smacked him hard on the head with a rusty metal shovel.

Texting club bouncer and abusing bouncers - are completely irrelevant. One day you will realise that football is actually played on a football pitch, thats what counts.

The lesson of the past year of the Souness era are STILL lost on you.

We should give up trying to educate people who continue to spout this shit.

-feign injury

Never feigned injury. He threatened to but never actually did.

Fair enough but he was wasted on the wing. I knew this, he knews this, fucking hell man J69...I bet you even knew this. The only person who didn't was Souness.

Threw a chair at him, hardly class that as assault.

He swore at the fact he was being subbed and rightly so. By far our best player during that Charlton game.

Phone was reported stolen the day before.

-racially abuse bouncers

Can't remember whether he was convicted or not so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It's got fuck all to do with his contribution on the pitch though.