Dean Ashton

LeazesMag

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hardly, he left the ground last week of his own accord after finding himself not even in the squad.

137079[/snapback]

Why wasn't he in the squad? Wasn't for squaring up to Ronadlo and acting like a spoilt git because he didn't pass him the ball, was it?

137093[/snapback]

all relative tbh. He didnt

-feign injury

-refuse to play out of position

-assault the first team coach

-swear at the manager on live tv

-text the club captain abusing him

-racially abuse bouncers

137400[/snapback]

got a fact for you j69.

Between the away game against sunderland in Feb 2002 when he had to go off, and the summer of 2004, Craig Bellamy played in 54 games for Newcastle United, during all of those games he was never fully fit, and after every game [and propbably during] his knee caused him pain and he knew another knock on it could have finished his career. Hence him being told he could only play one game a week, and that is the weeks he wasn't on the treatment table.

What do you think of that eh ? [although you should be aware of it anyway]

So only a complete fuckwit would ignore all of that and accuse him of "refusing to play out of position" or "feigning injury".

Swearing at the manager on live TV - Souness got off lucky there, because having been assaulted on the training ground by Souness, Bellamy should have smacked him hard on the head with a rusty metal shovel.

Texting club bouncer and abusing bouncers - are completely irrelevant. One day you will realise that football is actually played on a football pitch, thats what counts.

The lesson of the past year of the Souness era are STILL lost on you.

We should give up trying to educate people who continue to spout this shit.

137541[/snapback]

Although I'm in agreement with you on this subject, your last comment about it's only the football on the pitch which counts raises a question - If that's the case, why does it matter that Souness "assaulted" Bellamy "off" the pitch?

hardly, he left the ground last week of his own accord after finding himself not even in the squad.

137079[/snapback]

Why wasn't he in the squad? Wasn't for squaring up to Ronadlo and acting like a spoilt git because he didn't pass him the ball, was it?

137093[/snapback]

all relative tbh. He didnt

-feign injury

-refuse to play out of position

-assault the first team coach

-swear at the manager on live tv

-text the club captain abusing him

-racially abuse bouncers

137400[/snapback]

got a fact for you j69.

Between the away game against sunderland in Feb 2002 when he had to go off, and the summer of 2004, Craig Bellamy played in 54 games for Newcastle United, during all of those games he was never fully fit, and after every game [and propbably during] his knee caused him pain and he knew another knock on it could have finished his career. Hence him being told he could only play one game a week, and that is the weeks he wasn't on the treatment table.

What do you think of that eh ? [although you should be aware of it anyway]

So only a complete fuckwit would ignore all of that and accuse him of "refusing to play out of position" or "feigning injury".

Swearing at the manager on live TV - Souness got off lucky there, because having been assaulted on the training ground by Souness, Bellamy should have smacked him hard on the head with a rusty metal shovel.

Texting club bouncer and abusing bouncers - are completely irrelevant. One day you will realise that football is actually played on a football pitch, thats what counts.

The lesson of the past year of the Souness era are STILL lost on you.

We should give up trying to educate people who continue to spout this shit.

137541[/snapback]

Although I'm in agreement with you on this subject, your last comment about it's only the football on the pitch which counts raises a question - If that's the case, why does it matter that Souness "assaulted" Bellamy "off" the pitch?

137574[/snapback]

The reason I have ALWAYS taken Bellamys side in this is because he was a great player for the club whereas Souness was a shit manager. That is all that matters.

It is diabolical that Souness assaulted his player on the training ground, and heshould have been sacked, and in any other walk of life would have been sacked. However I do concede that if Bellamy had hit him back with a rusty shovel he would have gone the same way too, even if nobody could have blamed him. And unfortunately there is only one of them who would be missed.

J69 is Toontastics Taylor27.

137446[/snapback]

:lol: hardly. everyone is allowed their own opinion in football. Ive played and coached at a higher level than most on here, ridicule me for saying it if you like but its true. Ive never said Bellamy isnt a good player. Just that hes not worth the hassle and hes not as good as a lot on here make out. I wish id never got into the whole comparing him with nistlerooy, rooney thing cos its got nowt to do with it tbh

137464[/snapback]

Howard Wilkinson has coached at a higher level than anyone on here, doesn't stop him (like you) talking shite on footballing matters, so that is an entirely irrelivent statement. And based on your almost frightening lack of appreciation of what Bellamy's game is all about and what football in general requires from attackers i'd be disturbed to find you had done any coaching at all.

Bellamy is as good as people make out on here because they are capable of separating the player from the personality (or the media/Souness view of his personality). He is worth the hassle but one fuckwitt manager couldn't handle it and worse came to the club having already decided to fuck Bellamy about and bring it to a fight which the manager would win.

I bet you wish you hadn't got into the nistlerooy , rooney thing because people have again pointed out you're talking bollocks.

whit woo! heres one for shearergol. You give me so much shit over sutton. I was championing the cause of signing larsson for celtic and was ridiculed by most on here. He just won the champions league final with 2 passes tonight.

As for Bellamy, I couldnt give a fuck. Hes gone, Souness is gone, hes playing at a far inferior club than ours. No ones a winner. why keep bringing it up, over and over and over.

So Bellamy is an arsehole !!

Whoopy fucking do !!!!!

He joins a long line of footballing arseholes.

Maradona

Best

Keane

Rijkaard

Cantona

Souness

Simeone

Any of whom would have been a legend in a black and white shirt provided they don't upset Mother Tereasa Shearer.

So Bellamy is an arsehole !!

Whoopy fucking do !!!!!

He joins a long line of footballing arseholes.

Maradona

Best

Keane

Rijkaard

Cantona

Souness

Simeone

Any of whom would have been a legend in a black and white shirt provided they don't upset Mother Tereasa Shearer.

137755[/snapback]

Its ironic that Souness is in there and that Bellamy should be exactly the sort of player he'd like, gives everything, bit of fire in him and also talented, but because souness is a moron and a child he kicked him out.

You can now await posts saying that you are comparing Bellamy to the likes of maradonna and that he isn't in the same league, even though you know that and are merely making a particular point!

Most of the Bellamy comments are borne out of frustration imo. Seeing him score goals for someone else is extremely frustrating, to say the least - exacerbated by our own lack of goals and flair this season.

If Owen had remained fit and scored, say, 15-20 goals for us we would not be feeling so frustrated at Bellamy scoring goals at another club.

Oh, btw, Dean Ashton. (getting back to the thread :lol: )

whit woo! heres one for shearergol. You give me so much shit over sutton. I was championing the cause of signing larsson for celtic and was ridiculed by most on here. He just won the champions league final with 2 passes tonight.

As for Bellamy, I couldnt give a fuck. Hes gone, Souness is gone, hes playing at a far inferior club than ours. No ones a winner. why keep bringing it up, over and over and over.

137738[/snapback]

Sorry, what's the question?

137738[/snapback]

Sorry, what's the question?

138045[/snapback]

I couldn't give a fuck about Larsson, because he never played for Newcastle, and he wouldn't have got in the team before Shearer and Bellamy even if we had signed him while they were here anyway

Just to get back on topic...

The Canaries could net an extra cash bonus of nearly £1m from another big money move involving former striker Dean Ashton - after reports suggested West Ham's FA Cup final star is the target for a £12 million raid from Newcastle United.

The 22-year-old Ashton, who scored and produced an impressive display in Saturday's thrilling final against Liverpool in Cardiff - which the Hammers lost on penalties after a 3-3 draw - is said to be high on new Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder's shopping list as he seeks a replacement for St James' Park goalscoring legend Alan Shearer.

When the England Under-21 striker left Carrow Road for Upton Park in a £7.25m deal in January, City negotiated a sell-on clause giving them 15 per cent of any profit West Ham make if and when they sell the player.

If, for example, the Hammers sold Ashton at a £5m profit, an extra £750,000 would be heading Norwich's way - another potential boost to club coffers and manager Nigel Worthington's transfer budget.

City have already benefited to the tune of £125,000 from one clause in the Ashton deal after West Ham booked a place in next season's UEFA Cup.

The Hammers agreed to pay a further £125,000 if Ashton wins a full England cap.

Whether West Ham boss Alan Pardew would be prepared to lose Ashton so soon after prising him away from Carrow Road is another matter, after six goals in 14 starts made his club record signing an instant hit at Upton Park.

But Roeder, who signed a two-year deal as Newcastle manager on Tuesday, has made Shearer's replacement top priority and is hoping to offload a string of big names - including Albert Luque, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Nicky Butt and Lee Bowyer - to help fund his rebuilding plans.

Dutch World Cup duo Ruud van Nistelrooy, out in the cold at Manchester United, and Dirk Kuyt, from Feyenoord, are also reported to be possible targets for Roeder.

Shearer is to work as a “recruitment consultant” for Newcastle for the next two years, trying to persuade top players to join the club.

£12 million is a bit harsh! :lol:

I can't see Ashton leaving West Ham anytime soon.

It's a shame that the club isn't on good terms with Bobby anymore; I'm sure he could have a word in Ruud's ear.

What are people's thoughts on Shearer's role as a recruitment consultant? I think it's a good idea, he's got a huge reputation in the game.