Lineker on MOTD

peasepud

Bellamy just got goal of the season, Lineker announces it by saying "the winner was Alans old mate, Craig Bellamy" to which they both started pissing themselves laughing.

Comes back to it and he says "Alans just sending the text to congratulate him", more huge titters from the studio. ;):icon_lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly Shearer hasn't been fit to lace Bellamys boots for 2 years. And nice to know Shearer finds it amusing we gave away the best player at the Club for £3.5m.

And he wants to be manager which is even more worrying.

Sadly Shearer hasn't been fit to lace Bellamys boots for 2 years. And nice to know Shearer finds it amusing we gave away the best player at the Club for £3.5m.

135683[/snapback]

and 2 days ago you'll have been there singing your little heart out and bubbling like a bairn at the loss of the greatest striker ever to grace this club.

Bellamy is a class act but when he achieves half the plaudits Shearer has managed then you earn the right to come back and shout it out.

135683[/snapback]

and 2 days ago you'll have been there singing your little heart out and bubbling like a bairn at the loss of the greatest striker ever to grace this club.

Bellamy is a class act but when he achieves half the plaudits Shearer has managed then you earn the right to come back and shout it out.

135694[/snapback]

Shearers a selfish man who's only interest is Alan Shearer. He's not what we require as manager of NUFC - Another Souness? No thank you.

135683[/snapback]

135694[/snapback]

Shearers a selfish man who's only interest is Alan Shearer. He's not what we require as manager of NUFC - Another Souness? No thank you.

135699[/snapback]

Must admit as much as I'd obviously like Alan Shearer to be the new Brian Clough, I have to agree with UM that he's showing a definite Souness like fuckwit tendency here. Very worrying. His last chance of a medal went with Bellamy, and it appears from his recent remarks about him thinking it is a good idea to employ a person to "assess a players character" [which is nothing other than a job for a mate and a "don't blame me" getout for the manager ie himself] that he still doesn't realise the mistake that getting rid of Bellamy was.

135683[/snapback]

135694[/snapback]

135699[/snapback]

Must admit as much as I'd obviously like Alan Shearer to be the new Brian Clough, I have to agree with UM that he's showing a definite Souness like fuckwit tendency here. Very worrying. His last chance of a medal went with Bellamy, and it appears from his recent remarks about him thinking it is a good idea to employ a person to "assess a players character" [which is nothing other than a job for a mate and a "don't blame me" getout for the manager ie himself] that he still doesn't realise the mistake that getting rid of Bellamy was.

135700[/snapback]

Agree with Ugly and Leazes.

TBH I've never liked Shearer the man.

Bellamy just got goal of the season, Lineker announces it by saying "the winner was Alans old mate, Craig Bellamy" to which they both started pissing themselves laughing.

Comes back to it and he says "Alans just sending the text to congratulate him", more huge titters from the studio.  ;)  :icon_lol:

135676[/snapback]

Goal of the month wasn't it?

135683[/snapback]

135694[/snapback]

135699[/snapback]

135700[/snapback]

or you could rephrase that last sentence as Freddy still doesnt realise the mistake of employing Souness. But then again, that would mean pointing out Shepherd was at fault wouldnt it which we couldnt have oh no, no way, cant do that ;)

135683[/snapback]

135694[/snapback]

135699[/snapback]

135700[/snapback]

or you could rephrase that last sentence as Freddy still doesnt realise the mistake of employing Souness. But then again, that would mean pointing out Shepherd was at fault wouldnt it which we couldnt have oh no, no way, cant do that ;)

135716[/snapback]

but he did, he sacked him !!!!

Big difference is that only 4 chairman have done better than Shepherd in the last decade, while Souness is a fuckwit bettered by many, and always will be one, and Shearer is a fuckwit too if he still believes we are better off without Craig Bellamy.

135683[/snapback]

135694[/snapback]

135699[/snapback]

135700[/snapback]

Agree with Ugly and Leazes.

TBH I've never liked Shearer the man.

135703[/snapback]

You know Shearer the man do you?

Tbh I suspect no-one on here does, and as for the Bellamy incident, can someone refresh my mind what terrible deed Shearer did (and not just the usual bollocks hearsay I might add).

I've met both Keegan and Shearer and found they were both hugely likable. Shearer was nothing like his on-screen persona either, which is where you are making your judgement I suspect.

Never missed bellamy, too much of a prick, and believes in himself too much to the detriment to the team.

135759[/snapback]

Sadly we missed his pace and his goals to the detriment of the team.

Never missed bellamy, too much of a prick, and believes in himself too much to the detriment to the team.

135759[/snapback]

I really don't want to get into this debate all over again, but I honestly can't believe any NUFC fan still believes this.

135759[/snapback]

I really don't want to get into this debate all over again, but I honestly can't believe any NUFC fan still believes this.

135773[/snapback]

The fact he is a prick is surely undeniable. The second point is pretty much bollocks.

either way, its obvious that pretty much everyone in the footballing world knows that bellamy is a little tit and laugh at him behind his back. . . . and on national tv in front  of millions!

135847[/snapback]

you my friend, have hit the nail smack bang on the head. ;)

thats the point, not that Alan has any resentment to him but that the likes of Lineker and co are willing and able to go on TV and rip the piss out of Bellamy shows that hes not regarded in the footballing world as anything more than a tool (albeit a talented one, but still first and foremost a tool).

Footballer in "self confidence" shocker...."READ AWL ABAHT IT"  :D

135798[/snapback]

Yeah whats the world coming to, a striker having alot of self confidence, good job Shearer was such a shrinkign violet as a player and didn't see himself in anyway important! :D

The best strikers are supremely confident, they have to be, bordering on, but hopefully not too arrogant as you don't have to be that.

As for the laughing, what Linker said was funny, making a joke of a particular situation involving Bellamy and Shearer, they laughed, big deal!

Its no different to the previous week when they took the piss out of Wenger (on national TV) by faking a photo of him as a chef to imply he posiened the spurs team, but since he's not Bellamy its just a bit of fun and not laughing at somebody who the footballing world "regard as a tool"

The "footballing world" all (bar fuckwitt souness) rate him as a player, rate his workrate and effort for his team (and strike partners) whilst acknowledgeing he can be a handful, has his problems but with the right manager (ie. not a fuckwitt) he is a massive asset.

The "footballing world" all (bar fuckwitt souness) rate him as a player, rate his workrate and effort for his team (and strike partners) whilst acknowledgeing he can be a handful, has his problems but with the right manager (ie. not a fuckwitt) he is a massive asset.

135897[/snapback]

So Robson was a fuckwit as well then?

either way, its obvious that pretty much everyone in the footballing world knows that bellamy is a little tit and laugh at him behind his back. . . . and on national tv in front  of millions!

135847[/snapback]

you my friend, have hit the nail smack bang on the head. :D

thats the point, not that Alan has any resentment to him but that the likes of Lineker and co are willing and able to go on TV and rip the piss out of Bellamy shows that hes not regarded in the footballing world as anything more than a tool (albeit a talented one, but still first and foremost a tool).

135854[/snapback]

a reasonable point, but - the people in question just happen to be good friends of Shearer and/or Souness....so he may be regarded as a twat by friends of those two.

Not that footballers can be vindictive or owt like normal people !

Or people in the game don't think Souness is a joke or just a crap manager....

135897[/snapback]

Hence the footballing world tripping over themselves to sign him??? Especially at such a paltry fee, we are led to believe??? Blackburn Rovers - says your argument doesn't hold true Papa Laz