Lineker on MOTD

peasepud

The "footballing world" all (bar fuckwitt souness) rate him as a player, rate his workrate and effort for his team (and strike partners) whilst acknowledgeing he can be a handful, has his problems but with the right manager (ie. not a fuckwitt) he is a massive asset.

135897[/snapback]

Hence the footballing world tripping over themselves to sign him?? At such a paltry fee as well, we are led to believe?? Blackburn Rovers - says your argument doesn't hold true, Papa L

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "footballing world" all (bar fuckwitt souness) rate him as a player, rate his workrate and effort for his team (and strike partners) whilst acknowledgeing he can be a handful, has his problems but with the right manager (ie. not a fuckwitt) he is a massive asset.

135897[/snapback]

Hence the footballing world tripping over themselves to sign him??? Especially at such a paltry fee, we are led to believe??? Blackburn Rovers - says your argument doesn't hold true Papa Laz

135954[/snapback]

and therefore getting this at the time....

"There has not been one major club express any interest in him whatsoever. If something does happen in that respect, then we'll consider the offer or offers. But nobody is kicking my door down and the fax machine is quiet. He's damaged his reputation, hopefully not beyond repair... "Time is a great healer and if Craig moves on, so be it. But as far as his Newcastle career is concerned, it will be very, very difficult."

135897[/snapback]

Hence the footballing world tripping over themselves to sign him?? At such a paltry fee as well, we are led to believe?? Blackburn Rovers - says your argument doesn't hold true, Papa L

135955[/snapback]

Bellamy will probably move to a bigger club this summer, and fair play to him, he deserves it because he's a very, very good player. The fact that he 'only plays for Blackburn' means fuck all because he's proven this season (again) that he's one of the best strikers in the league. His injury record is more of a concern though.

135897[/snapback]

135955[/snapback]

Souness and Shepherd as we all know ripped him apart in the press, saying he was almost single-handedly responsible for all NUFC's problems, they blamed him for disrupting the entire club, said he wasn't that good and didn't score many goals and numerous other things.

And i've never said he was an angel, so with their efforts why are people surprised few clubs came in for him when he'd hammered for weeks in the press.

Also as somebody said his injury record isn't perfect so theres an elememt of gamble there to keep some clubs out of the running.

And much as i rate him as a player clubs like arse and manu do have better strikers like Henry and Van Nistleroy and i wouldn't expect them to neccesarilly go for him.

But you can bet now he's shown exactly how good he is and what a load of bollocks Souness was talking that clubs will be interested, it just remains to be seen whether Blackburn sell or not.

135897[/snapback]

So Robson was a fuckwit as well then?

135952[/snapback]

You mean Robson who said Bellamy had him tearing his hair out but who he would always pick and laways get out there on the pitch becasue despite the problems managing him he would tranform your team with what he did on the pitch.

No, Bobby wasn't a fuckwitt becasue he did rate Bellamy the player and so on balance that you put up with the rest for the benefit of the team.

One of the ironies of the Bellamy situation is that it has appeared to have made him grow up a bit. Shame he didnt before he left

135975[/snapback]

Yep. But we all do eventually. A good manager would have managed him at Newcastle and instilled more discipline into him without having to sell him, rather than everyone losing out, apart from Souness himself who has a 3m quid payoff to cushion his injured pride, if the cunt even cares in the first place, which I doubt very much.

To Bellamys credit he hasn't said anything since he went to Blackburn about Newcastle, Souness and Shearer apart from the one times he was asked and just said "it wasn't nice to be painted a disruptive influence when all I wanted to do was play for the club to my best and we did quite well when I did"

And you couldn't blame him if he had sniped at Souness, especially when Souness kept rabbiting on about his fuckin "happy dressing room", "harmony", "proper players" all the time. The bastard even insinuated the same about Bobby Robson leaving "the disruptive dressing room" all the time. Bobby Robson should have came on telly and told him to shut his fucking gob until he matched his results. He even insulted the memory of the great Jackie Milburn by saying that "it was harder these days for Shearer to score 200 goals"...the stupid, stupid, fucking wanker.

Edited by LeazesMag

The problem Newcastle United had with managing Craig Bellamy is that with Sir Bobby Robson and Graeme Souness is that the two managers where extreme oposites of the spectrum, in Robson we had a manager that let players get away with too much and with Souness we had a manager that only knew extreme disapline.

A manager with a balanced approach to players would not have had a problem with Bellamy ie Mark Hughes.

The problem Newcastle United had with managing Craig Bellamy is that with Sir Bobby Robson and Graeme Souness is that the two managers where extreme oposites of the spectrum, in Robson we had a manager that let players get away with too much and with Souness we had a manager that only knew extreme disapline.

A manager with a balanced approach to players would not have had a problem with Bellamy ie Mark Hughes.

136013[/snapback]

It's a shame Bobby Robson hadn't been younger, because when he started out at Ipswich he says he wacked one or two players who thought they would challenge his authority, because he was new and young, so he certainly wasn't a soft touch then. The vast majority of managers would have saw Bellamy as difficult, sure, but they would have managed him and got him on their side I reckon.

136013[/snapback]

It's a shame Bobby Robson hadn't been younger, because when he started out at Ipswich he says he wacked one or two players who thought they would challenge his authority, because he was new and young, so he certainly wasn't a soft touch then. The vast majority of managers would have saw Bellamy as difficult, sure, but they would have managed him and got him on their side I reckon.

136018[/snapback]

Even Carver, who had the much publicised scrap with Bellamy stuck up for him.

136023[/snapback]

Yeah, unlike Souness he was a bloke who wanted whats best for NUFC and also as a mature adult he put the incident behind them and got on with doing his job and letting Bellamy do his.

Strange that a man who supposedly had Bellamy throw a chair at him can see it was best for the club to keep him and play him yet people who see nothig whatsoever of the day to day events of the football club, its players and managers feel qualified to state as fact that Bellamy is trouble, to blame for all the clubs ills and that everybody at the club hates him!

One of the ironies of the Bellamy situation is that it has appeared to have made him grow up a bit. Shame he didnt before he left

135975[/snapback]

Yep. But we all do eventually. A good manager would have managed him at Newcastle and instilled more discipline into him without having to sell him, rather than everyone losing out, apart from Souness himself who has a 3m quid payoff to cushion his injured pride, if the cunt even cares in the first place, which I doubt very much.

136009[/snapback]

I agree, but with such characters it is not entirely up to the manager to sort a player out. Even Ferguson, who tamed Keane (at least for a while), fell out with Stam and flogged him, a decision that Man Utd have never truly recovered from. Bellamy himself has to make some effort to discipline himself. He is a man, not a child with no responsibility for his own behaviour. As much as I wanted him to stay, you can't do the things he did and expect everything to be ok.

It is true that Hughes has managed Bellamy well, but as Spongebob said Bellamy has grown up a bit since he left us - I think the bustup with Souness was exactly what he needed for his career really, it's a just a shame we were the victims!

135897[/snapback]

135955[/snapback]

Bellamy will probably move to a bigger club this summer, and fair play to him, he deserves it because he's a very, very good player. The fact that he 'only plays for Blackburn' means fuck all because he's proven this season (again) that he's one of the best strikers in the league. His injury record is more of a concern though.

135957[/snapback]

I think the reason he ended up at Blackburn was because of Hughes and that Bellamy was a 'known quantity' to Sparky due to him managing him for Wales. Pretty certain that other clubs were avoiding him like the plague as they were regarding him as somewhat of a loose cannon.

Well all know that when he's on his game, he's awesome but it's only right that managers have been wary as to the disruptive influence he may have on the squad. We can bark on all day about how it was because of Souness but some og these incidents do pre-date September 2004 so you can't blame a club manager for thinking twice about taking him on. In the same respect that most Premiership clubs won't entertain the idea of Souness becoming their manager, so too will some clubs feel the same about Bellamy.

It is a fickle industry and I don't doubt that some managers showing an interest in him now are focusing on what happened in 2005/06 rather than what occured 18 months back but in the same respect, these same managers 12 months ago were focusing on what happened back in January last year as opposed to the plus points which happened previous to that (the Feyenoord night for instance).

Either way, he's never coming back here in a million years. Freddie made his bed with that decision when he was packed off to Celtic and then ultimately Blackburn and would be worrying about risking his own credibility to go back on that decision.

He's no longer a Newcastle United player, whether we're individually happy about that or not, we have to get on and consign it to memories....

He even insulted the memory of the great Jackie Milburn by saying that "it was harder these days for Shearer to score 200 goals"...the stupid, stupid, fucking wanker.

136009[/snapback]

:D:D:icon_lol:

Guest alex

In all honesty neither Robson or Souness, despite their very different methods, were capable of handling Bellamy. Robson's way was to let him do what he wanted while Souness just laid the law down (and basically had an agenda which worked, i.e. to force Bellamy out). In either case they didn't gain Bellamy's respect, something Hughes appears to have done. Shame, because he's the best player the club has had for a few years.

136013[/snapback]

136018[/snapback]

Whilst I agree that a better manager than Souness could have handled Bellamy better, why did none of the so called top clubs (with top managers) actually take a chance on him?

He played pub football for 6 months before going to Blackburn.

That says to me that the rest thought that he was complete and utter cock and not worth gambling their dressing room over.

If you look at where Blackburn finished and the teams above them, none of them really had room to fit Bellamy in without shipping someone else. He's joined a very average side, and taken them into Europe.

136013[/snapback]

136018[/snapback]

Whilst I agree that a better manager than Souness could have handled Bellamy better, why did none of the so called top clubs (with top managers) actually take a chance on him?

That says to me that the rest thought that he was complete and utter cock and not worth gambling their dressing room over.

136156[/snapback]

As good as he is, I really don't think that manu would drop Rooney for him, or Arsenal Henry, or Chelsea Crespo or Drogba. Do you ?

Why did the champions sell Parker BTW ? And why did the top clubs not want Parker, Emre or Solano ?

Or even Owen ?

136013[/snapback]

136018[/snapback]

136156[/snapback]

As good as he is, I really don't think that manu would drop Rooney for him, or Arsenal Henry, or Chelsea Crespo or Drogba. Do you ?

Why did the champions sell Parker BTW ? And why did the top clubs not want Parker, Emre or Solano ?Or even Owen ?

136396[/snapback]

They were :D

A host of clubs were after Parker and Emre, we just impressed the most/offered the most. Nobby is a different story cos we were probably the only club he would have left villa for. Bellamy on the other hand was on the market for ages, at a dirt cheap price, and there wasnt even a sniff.

He underwhelmed at celtic, and had a half decent season at blackburn. 13 goals in an entire season isnt all that impressive tbh, especiialy when its suppsoedly your best ever season in the premiership! Over the years Beattie, Phillips, Stewart, Christie, Bent, Crouch, Ricketts, Johnson have all topped that in a good season.

136013[/snapback]

136018[/snapback]

136156[/snapback]

Why did the champions sell Parker BTW ? And why did the top clubs not want Parker, Emre or Solano ?Or even Owen ?

136396[/snapback]

They were :D

A host of clubs were after Parker and Emre, we just impressed the most/offered the most. Nobby is a different story cos we were probably the only club he would have left villa for. Bellamy on the other hand was on the market for ages, at a dirt cheap price, and there wasnt even a sniff.

He underwhelmed at celtic, and had a half decent season at blackburn. 13 goals in an entire season isnt all that impressive tbh, especiialy when its suppsoedly your best ever season in the premiership! Over the years Beattie, Phillips, Stewart, Christie, Bent, Crouch, Ricketts, Johnson have all topped that in a good season.

136432[/snapback]

talking absolute cobblers mate. The champions sold Parker. He chose us before Everton.

Who wanted Emre ? Actually you have just reminded us that Solano chose us before Liverpool. How does that grab you eh ?

Bellamy has been a top player for the last 4-5 years, him and Robert prolonged Shearers career and propelled us from a mid table into the CL...strange he;s just propelled a bottom half team Blackburn into the UEFA Cup. If you seriously think simply looking at someones goalscoring stat decides how good a footballer they are without looking at the type of player, their injury record etc, you are better off playing Championship manager.

And if you think people like Ricketts, Christie, Steward and JOhnson are fit to even tie Craig Bellamys laces you are a fuckwit of gigantic proportions I've never heard so much shite in ages.

Or even Owen ?

136396[/snapback]

strange I thought the Eurpoean Champions were after him.

136408[/snapback]

As they are now with Bellamy apparently.

136422[/snapback]

Apparently they are.

Who would choose between Owen and Bellamy ?

talking absolute cobblers mate. The champions sold Parker. He chose us before Everton.

Who wanted Emre ? Actually you have just reminded us that Solano chose us before Liverpool. How does that grab you eh ?

Bellamy has been a top player for the last 4-5 years, him and Robert prolonged Shearers career and propelled us from a mid table into the CL...strange he;s just propelled a bottom half team Blackburn into the UEFA Cup. If you seriously think simply looking at someones goalscoring stat decides how good a footballer they are without looking at the type of player, their injury record etc, you are better off playing Championship manager.

And if you think people like Ricketts, Christie, Steward and JOhnson are fit to even tie Craig Bellamys laces you are a fuckwit of gigantic proportions I've never heard so much shite in ages.

put your dummy back in :D Ive said my final piece in the dean ashton thread. You really need to move on mate, hes not coming back. weve got a canny first XI now and with a couple of decent signings wel shit on blackburn next season. My crystal ball tells me blackburn will drop out of europe in the early stages, finish mid table, bellamy will spend half the season injured and we will finish top 6.

Feel free to quote me in 12 months.

put your dummy back in :D Ive said my final piece in the dean ashton thread. You really need to move on mate, hes not coming back. weve got a canny first XI now and with a couple of decent signings wel shit on blackburn next season. My crystal ball tells me blackburn will drop out of europe in the early stages, finish mid table, bellamy will spend half the season injured and we will finish top 6.

Feel free to quote me in 12 months.

136472[/snapback]

You might be right, but my bet is we won't have the money you appear to think we have, nor will we replace him adequately, showing the stupidity of the last manager in kicking him out to be obvious to even the most clueless by now. Meaning we won't match the CL run we had when he was here, which he played an instrumental part of.

Guest alex

Or even Owen ?

136396[/snapback]

136408[/snapback]

136422[/snapback]

Apparently they are.

136439[/snapback]

Owen.

Or even Owen ?

136396[/snapback]

136408[/snapback]

136422[/snapback]

Apparently they are.

136439[/snapback]

Owen.

136538[/snapback]

Bellamy tbh. Owen's attitude to us has pissed me off more than Bellamy's "bad boy" antics and whinging. It's obvious he can't even be arsed to play for us.