X-Men: The Last Stand

Geordie Boyo

looking forward to this, there hasn't been enough hype for my expectations to be falsely raised, but the blurb on the net, the snippets of interviews with McKellan and Stewart have certainly fanned the flames of anticipation.

also I don't understand the casting of Vinny Jones as Juggernaut, the character is a massive bloke who says little and hits things hard... why they didn't take one of the plethora of man mountains that prance about the ring in Lycra for Wrestling shows is beyond me?

Juggernaut is supposed to be 6' 10" and 900lbs... now obviously that's not feasible, but Vinny Jones is only 6'2" and couldn't tow 900lbs in his truck.

I just think they could have got someone a little bigger to play what is essentially a non-talking role.

they managed in the first film with Sabertooth..

where you been looking *cough http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/j/juggernaut.htm cough* :D

Based on the info from the character Colossus he is 6' 6", but when armored he's 7' 5". Daniel Cudmore is 6' 8".

Sabretooth is 6' 6" where as Tyler Mane is actually 6' 10"...!

The thing with Juggernaut is that he returns to normal size when he loses his power as he got it from something called a Cyttorak that was found after it landed on Earth from another planet. If a 6' 10" wrestler had have got the part they wouldn't really be able to do that where as they can with Jones.

I can't believe they do't cast Sabretooth anymore...! :D

Sabertooth is so much more... I dunno.. evil, in the comic rather than the mindless henchman portrayed in the film. The Sabretooth in the FIlm was simple and as malicious as a well trained attack dog. There was no real menace from a character who should be as cruel as possible.

... is this a geek off? :D

I'm still a bit unsure about Beast. They should have made him more scary looking rather than something out of Sesame street. :D

They'll have to make an X-Men movie with Apocalypse in it. That will be the ultimate bad ass X-Men movie. It could possibly involve time travel too with Bishop & Cable.

I can also see there being one or two movies with Sauron & the Savage Land or Mr Sinister! :D

don't think they can really do Apocalypse properly, Sinister is possible and Cable and Bishop is certainly do-able.

the Savage land stuff probably would be dismissed quite quickly by non-comic buying fans of the X-Men.

Hellfire Club is the most probable, with Emma Frost popping up somewhere with her Hellions.

It'd be quite funny to have a crossover film, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic Four and the -shudder- Hulk... as long as the Hulk is no-longer in anyway given a chance to try and seem like anything more than a minmdless monster.

The sentinels are in this movie so it could be a possibility for Apocalypse to come into it, if it comes off. I'm not sure how it would work, but with the technology they have they always surprise you.

Savage Land would be a bit shite I agree. Maybe they could make a movie involving the Shi'ar with Lilandra and her Imperial Guard, Gladiator as they try to stop the Phoenix. It could involve the Hellfire Club with Emma Frost working with Professor Xavier as they try and get Jean back.

Everyone keeps raving about Gambit not being in the latest movie. He'd be too similar to Wolverine in my opinion. He's confirmed to be in the 4th movie and the rumor has it that there will be a few of the X-Men killed off in the up & coming 3rd movie.....sorry....*SPOILER* :D

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Boys, really. Can we not discuss something of more value or major importance than this movie? This summers fashions immediately come to mind....coral, lemon or periwinkle, small hand bags or canvas tote?

Boys, really. Can we not discuss something of more value or major importance than this movie? This summers fashions immediately come to mind....coral, lemon or periwinkle, small hand bags or canvas tote?

136360[/snapback]

mmmm little tiny short skirts, tight tops....emmmm aye reet anyways :D

Guest Toplass-101

136360[/snapback]

136361[/snapback]

not with your knees pet :D

136360[/snapback]

136361[/snapback]

Don't be posting any pics from your stash now, no one wants to see a 6'6" bloke with a pot belly wearing a short tight top and a mini skirt :D

136360[/snapback]

136361[/snapback]

not with your knees pet :icon_lol:

136364[/snapback]

:D Time to clean the monitor off again!

Nah!  :icon_lol:  I remember you saying you were looking forward to seeing it in anyways! :D

136363[/snapback]

That was my alter ego then. :D

136360[/snapback]

136361[/snapback]

not with your knees pet :D

136364[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Anyone knows the third is better than the second but not as good as the first. Now back to Pud's knees... bit knobby are they? :D

Brock, sounds like you didn't enjoy the second one...

I thought it was one of those rareties, a quality sequel...

They moved the story of "Mutancy" along, they fleshed out a couple of the characters, alluded to deeper history without becoming a flashback fest. They didn't simply go bigger budget, bigger effects and bigger death count.

(Although there was a bigger budget, bigger effects and a larger death count.... :D )

I think it's the Stewart, McKellan and Jackman performances that really carry the films, they handle the subject with some degree of gravity, without taking it too seriously (See the first films for enough gags about the original comics).

"Storm...right? Whaddya they call you?.. Wheels?"

"You can actually fight in these things?" "What would you prefer.... Yellow Spandex?"

also, Wolverine is fucking cool and I don't care what non-comic readers think. :D