All Inclusive holidays...

Radgina

anyone been on one ??? saw one on t'internet yesterday for the end of June, 5 star hotel near Rhodes ( close to beach) 7 days all-inclusive for £149 ??? :D

Seems too good to be true like...????

All inclusive usually means all your meals and entertainment is thrown in, and will be in the same hotel. So if sitting in the same place every night is your thing, then go for it.

If you plan to leave the confines of the hotel, it might not be worthwhile.

I've been in hotels where some people are on all-inclusive and it stikes me as hellish. Holiday-club sorta people. All they want is alcohol and Euro-Butlins entertainment.

In a lot of cases the only alcohol that is a part of the all inclusive deal is the locally brewed stuff, ie the local gnats piss.

All inclusive usually means all your meals and entertainment is thrown in, and will be in the same hotel. So if sitting in the same place every night is your thing, then go for it.

If you plan to leave the confines of the hotel, it might not be worthwhile.

I've been in hotels where some people are on all-inclusive and it stikes me as hellish. Holiday-club sorta people. All they want is alcohol and Euro-Butlins entertainment.

136039[/snapback]

In a lot of cases the only alcohol that is a part of the all inclusive deal is the locally brewed stuff, ie the local gnats piss.

136042[/snapback]

:D

I got a similar deal. 1 bar that stopped serving drink at 11pm and only served scran for an hour at each meal time. Not great scran either.

Still, the flight and 7 nights board is still a bargin at that price. Take a bit money and don't hang around the hotel.

Radgina, my friend just came back from a week in Mallorca (sp) that was a cheap all inclusive holiday...(though admittedly not quite as cheap as £149) Anyway, she said it was well worth it, really good hotel, as much food as you could possibly eat and entertainment every night. i shudder at that last part, as i'd hate that, but you dont have to stay in for that do you?

Go for it!! :D

Radgina, my friend just came back from a week in Mallorca (sp) that was a cheap all inclusive holiday...(though admittedly not quite as cheap as £149)  Anyway, she said it was well worth it, really good hotel, as much food as you could possibly eat and entertainment every night. i shudder at that last part, as i'd hate that, but you dont have to stay in for that do you?

Go for it!!  :D

136050[/snapback]

Cheers...think it was the "entertainment" that was putting me off as I like to do my own thing and hate the "Butlinesque" idea ( plus all the screaming kids !!) of in-house entertainment...will have a spy tomorrow and see if it's worth booking up plus need to find out if I can get the time off work.... :D

Radgina, my friend just came back from a week in Mallorca (sp) that was a cheap all inclusive holiday...(though admittedly not quite as cheap as £149)  Anyway, she said it was well worth it, really good hotel, as much food as you could possibly eat and entertainment every night. i shudder at that last part, as i'd hate that, but you dont have to stay in for that do you?

Go for it!!  :D

136050[/snapback]

Cheers...think it was the "entertainment" that was putting me off as I like to do my own thing and hate the "Butlinesque" idea ( plus all the screaming kids !!) of in-house entertainment...will have a spy tomorrow and see if it's worth booking up plus need to find out if I can get the time off work.... :D

136053[/snapback]

yes, that would be necessary :icon_lol: