Wills

Toonraider

Sorry to be a bit depressing, but have you thought about or made your Will yet? I havent but im thinking of doing one of those 'do it yourself' jobbies. I recently saw first hand how difficult things can be in the absence of a will, as one of my tenants died suddenly without having one and no one really knew what his wishes were in any matter. So im determind to do one now!

have done one of those diy ones, there okay if you have nothing substantial like me. Have also already organised my funeral, including music and readings and how and where I am to be disposed of :D

Yes, very morbid I know but me and my mates did it one night and wrote everyting down and each has copies so no family can hijack it and turn it into "their" kind of funeral.. :D

Sorry to be a bit depressing, but have you thought about or made your Will yet? I havent but im thinking of doing one of those 'do it yourself' jobbies. I recently saw first hand how difficult things can be in the absence of a will, as one of my tenants died suddenly without having one and no one really knew what his wishes were in any matter. So im determind to do one now!

136051[/snapback]

Often thought of doing one yes, seeing this might spring me into action! There must some templates on the net for all the legal talk surely ...

have done one of those diy ones, there okay if you have nothing substantial like me. Have also already organised my funeral, including music and readings and how and where I am to be disposed of :D 

Yes, very morbid I know but me and my mates did it one night and wrote everyting down and each has copies so no family can hijack it and turn it into "their" kind of funeral.. :D

136054[/snapback]

Yes you're right, i've often said or thought, god, i'd hate my funeral to be such a way or i'd hate that to be said etc etc...but i havent really told anyone what i want, so how would they know? Im going to do it!!!

Matt-like Radgina said, i think the DIY wills are ok if you dont own property etc or have numerous or complicated families, as in step children etc etc. If what your own wishes and what you have to leave is straight forward i think its ok to do your own.

Thought this was about the building on the coast road  :D

To answer - no i havnt.

136058[/snapback]

the building? :D

136059[/snapback]

The Wills Building on the coast road in Toon.. it used to be an old tobacco factory or something but they turned it into fancy dan apartments.....

I've got to get my act together and sort one out - especially as I've got kids...

You're right in that it's a bloody nightmare when someone hasn't done one. My Dad was an only child and his mother flatly refused to do one using the "it'll all go to your Dad anyway" line.

It took him nearly 4 months to get probate on her estate as the authorities had to check to make sure that there were no other beneficiaries.

He had the probate on her estate less than a week and then my Mam died - thankfully she'd sorted one out...

To answer - no i havnt.

136058[/snapback]

136059[/snapback]

The Wills Building on the coast road in Toon.. it used to be an old tobacco factory or something but they turned it into fancy dan apartments.....

136060[/snapback]

ahh thank you :icon_lol:

One good reason to do it is that if you die in this country with no will and no living relatives your estate goes to the Duchy of Cornwall - in other words the jug-eared twat's back pocket - its one of his major incomes.

(and yet another good reason to shoot the bastards)

One good reason to do it is that if you die in this country with no will and no living relatives your estate goes to the Duchy of Cornwall - in other words the jug-eared twat's back pocket - its one of his major incomes.

136064[/snapback]

Arghhh the bloody Cornish :D

I need to get mine sorted too, with three kids its not fair not to have some plans in place, I still haven't nominated a beneificary with my pension should I die in service, I need to get sorted out.

I need to get mine sorted too, with three kids its not fair to have some plans in place, I still haven't nominated a beneificary with my pension should I die in service, I need to get sorted out.

136066[/snapback]

yeah me too, but its one of those things to do that i always put off :D But i must do it, things can be such a mess without one.

Perhaps you can sort yours while you're recovering from yr op jimbo!! :D

I need to get mine sorted too, with three kids its not fair to have some plans in place, I still haven't nominated a beneificary with my pension should I die in service, I need to get sorted out.

136066[/snapback]

yeah me too, but its one of those things to do that i always put off :D But i must do it, things can be such a mess without one.

Perhaps you can sort yours while you're recovering from yr op jimbo!! :D

136067[/snapback]

Good idea, maybe I should, I can't give the excuse that I've not got time !

To answer - no i havnt.

136058[/snapback]

136059[/snapback]

136060[/snapback]

ahh thank you :icon_lol:

136062[/snapback]

call yourself a geordie :icon_lol:

136064[/snapback]

That right???

More of our fucking money the royals are living off - I bet the tosser doesn't pay inheritance tax on it either! :D

I don't actually have anything in the world to leave to anyone at the moment which is quite sad really :icon_lol: Scott can have the cats if he's willing to take them as he did such a good job while I was away :D

On a lighter note - I wrote a will when I was about 7 and my mam still has it to this day. I left my mam and dad's television to the bloke down the road and a teddy called Edward to my Grandad. :D

Edited by catmag

To answer - no i havnt.

136058[/snapback]

I misread it and thought it was about the Diffrent Strokes character.

Todd%20B1.gif

wotcha talkin bout Willis?

I've written a will :-)...

You see I can think of people that will benefit from my cash more than my mum and dad so I couldn't see it all going to them you know on the off chance I die later today.

I think the lot of you should get your act together... I'm 19 and have one... now either I'm just pathetic... am convinced I'm going to die soon or am just desperate for my money to go to those who deserve it... or maybe obsessive compulsive.

I've been thinking of mine and i'm gonna make it simple.

All my assets are left to the kids, all my debts are left to the missus! :D

Thought this was about the building on the coast road  :icon_lol:

To answer - no i havnt.

136058[/snapback]

136059[/snapback]

136060[/snapback]

ahh thank you :lol:

136062[/snapback]

call yourself a geordie :icon_lol:

136070[/snapback]

i know :woosh: *hangs head in shame*

But im only an honoury Geordie, so i can be excused i think :D I need you lot to keep me informed of things such as this !!

:lol: