So, Ballack signs for Chelsea

MattM4

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4769763.stm

Chelsea have unveiled Germany captain Michael Ballack as their first signing of the summer.

The 29-year-old midfielder has arrived on a free transfer following the expiry of his contract with Bayern Munich.

Now, here is a player that I really am not looking forward to seeing play in the Premierleague. The same way as his now colleagues Drogba and Robben, he is capable of some brilliant moments of magic ... but is also a soft cheating shite.

It does also hit Chelsea's credibility once more as they were all booing Ballack only a year ago when he won a penalty against the Blues, German Huth being the first to give his opinion on the matter.

:D

ball4xe.jpg

Mercenary tbh

136246[/snapback]

indeed that too anarl....

A lot of Chelsea fans are keen on winning all these trophies, but not too keen on the way it's being done, making it less "speical"... I think Ballack is the embodiement of this.

Jose now has a problem in midfield.

136248[/snapback]

I'd have described him as being a kraut, but if you want to call him a problem thats your shout :D

Well, I for one hope that his stint in the Premierleague benefits his game and he stops his theatrical antics. Perhaps if the referees and the Premierleague were setting up a tougher stance on this.

One thing I heard why Ballack has signed for Chelsea is for commercial reasons and is that he is a key advertising figur for Adidas who become Chelsea's new supplier. Apparently it is rather a Kenyon than a Mourinho signing...

One thing I heard why Ballack has signed for Chelsea is for commercial reasons and is that he is a key advertising figur for Adidas who become Chelsea's new supplier. Apparently it is rather a Kenyon than a Mourinho signing...

136274[/snapback]

That makes a lot of sense. WHether it's the main reason or not, they must be jumping all over the place at he Adidas headquaters though!

Same as I did for Essien, I wish him nothing but misfortune and failure in his career with Chelsea. :D

136275[/snapback]

indeed, and I agree. Can't see what Essien has brought to Chelsea really that no one could have ... absolute waste of money and efforts trying to get him away from Lyon.

Mourinho spent 40million or so last summer and actually contrived to make Chelsea worse than they were the year before (relatively obviously). Hope he does the same this summer.

Guest alex
Mourinho spent 40million or so last summer and actually contrived to make Chelsea worse than they were the year before (relatively obviously).  Hope he does the same this summer.

136283[/snapback]

Wouldn't say they were worse, no better though. A lot of people said that SWP was only signed to stop their rivals getting him and the same was probably true of Essien. So getting them two served a purpose, albeit a one that has negative implications for the rest of the league and beyond.

Guest Sima
Top top player, on another level to Lampard

136308[/snapback]

True. Ballack is an absolute top drawer player, one of my favourites.

Top top player, on another level to Lampard

136308[/snapback]

True. Ballack is an absolute top drawer player, one of my favourites.

136323[/snapback]

You're gonna be quite torn then aren't you?

136343[/snapback]

I just see this picture of Gol & Sima (wearing their new Chelsea tops) walking arm in arm into the sunset... :D

Guest Sima

You're gonna be quite torn then aren't you?

136343[/snapback]

Nah, I'll probably just make do with my Germany Ballack shirt tbh

And all of my Nazi Paraphanalia?

136401[/snapback]

136443[/snapback]

"yes, these would also be German...do you not have anything from the Allies?"

"Oh no, that sort of thing wouldn't interest me at all"