Barcelona v Arsenal - Linesman

AgentFox

That shot was recently taken at a Champions League final photoshoot apparently. The editor of the magazine says they 'couldn't find an Arsenal shirt', he was supposed to be pictured wearing both.

That shot was recently taken at a Champions League final photoshoot apparently. The editor of the magazine says they 'couldn't find an Arsenal shirt', he was supposed to be pictured wearing both.

136745[/snapback]

I heard it was the only football shirt that he owns

136745[/snapback]

I heard it was the only football shirt that he owns

136772[/snapback]

Not according to the editor of the newspaper on Sky Sports News.

From what I've heard he started supporting Barca in the early 80s, and has gone to almost every home game since. His favourite Barca player is Romario.

Nice to see the media have already lined up their scapegoat.

137018[/snapback]

sima - i heard about the bloke in your avatar today - anywhere i can download the clip?

137032[/snapback]

ah ... that avatar did intrigue me .. what's it all about then ?

Agree with Sima.

While there is good reason to be afraid of Barca, I think Arsenal do have a chance tomorrow. After all, who can predict anything after last year's final??

Dont skin me for this please, but ive noticed on many forums and in the international media itselfthat the English seem to terrified of barcelona and in general the flair and style of the spanish league in general. Everytime an occasion such as this comes up they always manage to bring about some controversy out that undermines the whole game and gives them ready made excuse for a defeat.

Personally I think the english league is the best in terms of competitivness but there's no arguing that it isnt anywhere near as good as the spanish when it comes to attacking play and flair. The sooner you accept that the better. Your league is great in its own way....

Saying that Arsenal are the one team in England who can play as good football as any european side and they have a chance in the final. But I'll be supporting barca ;):lol:

Nice to see the media have already lined up their scapegoat.

137018[/snapback]

sima - i heard about the bloke in your avatar today - anywhere i can download the clip?

137032[/snapback]

ah ... that avatar did intrigue me .. what's it all about then ?

137036[/snapback]

well something a bloke was on his way to a job interview and went into the wrong building and ending up getting interviewed live on BBC news 24 as an expect on something. Sorry, as you can tell i only hear snippets on the radio!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4988348.stm - the linesman's been replaced.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4774429.stm - this is the other story about the wrong fella being interviewed on the BBC. This is the blog article about it by the real 'guy': http://www.newswireless.net/index.cfm/article/2697 calling the Congolese bloke an 'ignoramus'.

He deserves to have his name sullied for being such a cock.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4774429.stm - this is the other story about the wrong fella being interviewed on the BBC. This is the blog article about it by the real 'guy': http://www.newswireless.net/index.cfm/article/2697 calling the Congolese bloke an 'ignoramus'.

137054[/snapback]

just watched the video :lol:;):icon_lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gotta give to him, nice improvisational skills!

137054[/snapback]

just watched the video :lol:;):icon_lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gotta give to him, nice improvisational skills!

137065[/snapback]

nah i wouldn't have give him the job like!

Agree with Sima.

While there is good reason to be afraid of Barca, I think Arsenal do have a chance tomorrow. After all, who can predict anything after last year's final??

Dont skin me for this please, but ive noticed on many forums and in the international media itselfthat the English seem to terrified of barcelona and in general the flair and style of the spanish league in general. Everytime an occasion such as this comes up they always manage to bring about some controversy out that undermines the whole game and gives them ready made excuse for a defeat.

Personally I think the english league is the best in terms of competitivness but there's no arguing that it isnt anywhere near as good as the spanish when it comes to attacking play and flair. The sooner you accept that the better. Your league is great in its own way....

Saying that Arsenal are the one team in England who can play as good football as any european side and they have a chance in the final. But I'll be supporting barca ;)  :lol:

137038[/snapback]

I've watched Barca a lot this season, and they aren't invincible. Their keeper, Valdes, is quite erratic at times, and doesn't inspire confidence in his back-line, he's been a bit suspect with backpasses aswell.

Guest Sima

Well, he's been replaced

Linesman ejected from Paris final

Barcelona and Arsenal badges

One of the linesmen for the Champions League final has been replaced after being photographed wearing a Barcelona shirt on Monday.

Norwegian Ole Hermann Borgan wore the shirt for a photoshoot with his local newspaper, Drammens Tidende.

Borgan had insisted he would remain impartial and Uefa initially stuck by him before deciding to replace him with his compatriot Arild Sundet.

Sundet is not yet in Paris, but will be flown in on Wednesday morning.

The newspaper wanted Borgan to wear both Arsenal and Barcelona shirts for the photoshoot, according to its sports editor Per Jan Brekke.

But the official found out he only owned a Barca shirt - and this was the picture that appeared in Tuesday's edition of the paper.

"It was both insensitive and stupid of me. I did not think deeply enough about the situation and the consequences when I was asked to dress up in the shirt," Borgan said.

"But there is no reason to doubt my impartiality - I don't support either of the teams."

Norway's referees chief, Rune Pedersen, agreed that Borgan had been unwise to pose in the shirt.

"There is an unwritten rule that officials must not do anything which will cast doubt on their impartiality," he said.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had earlier played down the incident, saying: "I never go into a game looking at the referees.

"I always have a positive feeling about them. They always do the job as well as they can and in an honest way.

"The fact that one of the guys is pictured in a Barcelona shirt doesn't change my mind."

And his Barca counterpart Frank Rijkaard added: "Arsenal should give him a shirt straight away and take a photo. Then we will be levelled.

"I really don't think it makes any difference, as far as I know he was on holiday."

The officials for the final will all be Norwegian, with Hauge the main man in charge and Steinar Holvik and Sundet running the lines.

Hauge was critical of Borgan but said he understood why he had posed for the picture.

He explained: "It was a stupid thing to do but I can assure you he did it in pure joy at being picked for this game.

"There was no intention to bring speculation that he is a Barcelona supporter. He put a shirt on to symbolise the final.

"He has never been a Barca fan. It was a stupid slip which he regrets a lot."

Kudos to the media again. First Scolari, now this :lol: