Owen for number nine?

Tom

Owen for Number nine?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was reading some of Owen's biography when I was in a bookshop at the airport over the weekend.

He was saying that he was always a number 9, growing and playing at youth level. He couldnt get it for Liverpool coz Fowler had it, and couldn't get it for England coz Shearer had it. But that was then, he is now firmly established as a brand with the number 10 for club and country ... can't see him changing.

As for Shola, he shouldn't be given a squad number next season.

136917[/snapback]

Agreed. We should have a squad of 14 players only next season.

:lol:

Oh, you mean we should buy 3 new strikers then?

136917[/snapback]

136944[/snapback]

I'd be happy with either scenario as long as the Sho-man isn't involved.

136917[/snapback]

136944[/snapback]

136945[/snapback]

Seriously though, you really think we have the money to get rid of squad players?

You'd keep Chopra would you?

136917[/snapback]

136944[/snapback]

136945[/snapback]

Seriously though, you really think we have the money to get rid of squad players?

You'd keep Chopra would you?

136966[/snapback]

In all seriousness, I guess we could keep Ameobi but only if he's going to be used as emergency backup ... which under Roeder of course he wont.

I still maintain that I would rather have Owen, Luque, Zoggy, Chopra, Dyer, Pattison, Obrien ahead of our number 23 in the pecking order for playing up front.

I can't believe anyone would rather have Chopra over Ameobi. I've never seen anything at all in Chopra that says anything other than 'peddle him asap'. I have in Shola, not nearly often enough, but there's something there.

I can't believe anyone would rather have Chopra over Ameobi. I've never seen anything at all in Chopra that says anything other than 'peddle him asap'. I have in Shola, not nearly often enough, but there's something there.

136993[/snapback]

Agree with that. Shola is just about a premiership player, Chopra never will be.

A lot of clubs would die for a striker who's scored 9 in 3 of his last 4 seasons as a squad member. I'd keep Shola definitely.

136969[/snapback]

:lol: hes 3rd choice striker though. and hes played a lot of games. and 9 goals in 3 out of 4 seasons is a shit return.

People have a go at chopra but hes only started a handful of games and we are ready to flog him. Shola has played regularly for 4 or 5 seaosons, is still shit and people want to keep him. i dont get it!?

Don't agree. He has never been given a proper chance, so how people can decide he is absolutely shite I don't understand, on the other hand Shola's ridiculous shiteness is well documented. But he has been given more than what he derserved in terms of a run in the side, and even he can's be total gash all the time.

Chops has looked very decent in the run in of this season, we don't have anything to lose in this respect, I want him as first choice replacement next season.

Don't agree. He has never been given a proper chance, so how people can decide he is absolutely shite I don't understand, on the other hand  Shola's ridiculous shiteness is well documented. But he has been given more than what he derserved in terms of a run in the side, and even he can's be total gash all the time.

Chops has looked very decent in the run in of this season, we don't have anything to lose in this respect, I want him as first choice replacement next season.

137000[/snapback]

But he doesn't even show glimpses of being a premiership standard player. At least Shola does.

If Ameobi left, and Chopra ended up playing every week, he'd become the new target for the boo boys.

Don't agree. He has never been given a proper chance, so how people can decide he is absolutely shite I don't understand, on the other hand  Shola's ridiculous shiteness is well documented. But he has been given more than what he derserved in terms of a run in the side, and even he can's be total gash all the time.

137000[/snapback]

That's obviously where we disagree, I don't think he has. Never, ever looks like getting on the end of anything, Ameobi's scored a good few goals in the same time Chopra's barely had a shot.

137000[/snapback]

But he doesn't even show glimpses of being a premiership standard player. At least Shola does.

If Ameobi left, and Chopra ended up playing every week, he'd become the new target for the boo boys.

137010[/snapback]

Can guarentee that, the boo boys always need somebody!

One thing that is a fact is that Chopra has never had the chances and runs in the team that Shola has to show whether he could improve and make it or not.

However when i watch him sadly i just do not think he will make it.

In his favour i think he's a pretty intelligent footballer, with good movement, enough pace and at reserve level at least an eye for goal. He also wins penalites :lol:

Against him is the fact he seems to be brushed aside from games like a child alot of the time. And you feel this will always be the case.

Against him is the fact he seems to be brushed aside from games like a child alot of the time. And you feel this will always be the case.

137057[/snapback]

Can't really understand that... surely that is something you adapt to, I know every time I moved up a notch when playing footie, adapting to how more physical things were was natural.

However learning to control your legs and not trip over the ball learning to connect with the ball cleanly when you still can't do it after 5 years in the Premleague is a lot harder.

137057[/snapback]

Can't really understand that... surely that is something you adapt to, I know every time I moved up a notch when playing footie, adapting to how more physical things were was natural.

However learning to control your legs and not trip over the ball learning to connect with the ball cleanly when you still can't do it after 5 years in the Premleague is a lot harder.

137063[/snapback]

Once you're a grown man, which to be fair he is, other than doing some body building, he's not really going to change much in terms of beign knocked about. I would hope he does, but i can't see it, though i have said i don't think he's had even a faction of the chances Shola has to prove people wrong.