Footie sticker/trading card enthusiasts wanted...

Meenzer

Meenzer, are you collecting this years world cup stickers?

I am, so's that if I have a son next month I can have the album of the world cup from the year he was born.

Got a free album in one of the Sunday papers, can't remember if it was Merlin or Panini tbh.

Meenzer can you remember in first school swapping stickers, i remember having a fistful of swaps and would get 3 normal 1's for a foily! I can also vividly remember Steven Tait kicking Stephen Hill's swaps out of his hand and a free for all ensuing by those all around in a desperate attempt to get new stickers!  :rolleyes:

Those were the days. Btw, if i'd have known then you were gay i wouldn't have swapped any stickers with you!  ;)

137275[/snapback]

Didn't they tell you that playing swapsies would give you the gay lurgy? :icon_lol:

Stephen Hill, bloody hell. Saw him on the High Street a couple of years back, I think he'd mutated (and that's definitely the right word) into a Cradle Of Filth fan, dodgy facepaint and all. :lol:

137366[/snapback]

Oi, I'm a Filth fan. :rolleyes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:razz:

137950[/snapback]

Not that kind of filth.

Within reason. :lol:

I think he'd mutated (and that's definitely the right word) into a Cradle Of Filth fan, dodgy facepaint and all.  :lol:

137366[/snapback]

Oi, I'm a Filth fan. :razz:

137925[/snapback]

TM-case-closed.jpg

tbh

Edited by Geordie Fish

• 2 weeks later...

Was on Radio 5 the other day that apparently you can now do your swaps online. Plus you're allowed to order a maximum of 50 stickers from Panini to complete your collection. Cheating tbh.

Was on Radio 5 the other day that apparently you can now do your swaps online.  Plus you're allowed to order a maximum of 50 stickers from Panini to complete your collection.  Cheating tbh.

142918[/snapback]

Couldn't you always do that? I seem to remember a cut-out-and-send-off card at the back of the albums. Mind, that might have been the Barbie album and not the football one :nufc:

Was on Radio 5 the other day that apparently you can now do your swaps online.  Plus you're allowed to order a maximum of 50 stickers from Panini to complete your collection.  Cheating tbh.

142918[/snapback]

Weren't you always able to write to Panini with the sticker numbers to complete your collection though? :nufc:

I knew you could always do that you knobbers! I didn't think it was as much as 50 though, as they were making a big deal out of it on the radio. The swapping on the internet thing is definitely out of order though.

Whoops - sorry Meenz!

142921[/snapback]

Saying "Gemmill was wrong" is never something one should apologise for. :nufc:

142922[/snapback]

Both of you need to apologise tbh. To ME. :D

Whoops - sorry Meenz!

142921[/snapback]

142922[/snapback]

142924[/snapback]

Swap you an apology for a kiss, no tongues.

Whoops - sorry Meenz!

142921[/snapback]

142922[/snapback]

142924[/snapback]

I'll swap you an apology for you to kiss Meenzer with tongues!

I knew you could always do that you knobbers!  I didn't think it was as much as 50 though, as they were making a big deal out of it on the radio.  The swapping on the internet thing is definitely out of order though.

142923[/snapback]

You could send of for 50 when I collected them, back in my youth.

I knew you could always do that you knobbers!  I didn't think it was as much as 50 though, as they were making a big deal out of it on the radio.  The swapping on the internet thing is definitely out of order though.

142923[/snapback]

142927[/snapback]

Scott, I think you owe Luke a kiss! :nufc:

I was 18 !!! Had my party in a pub I had been drinking in since 16....the landlord was not amused  :rolleyes:

137115[/snapback]

So you're actually 38 as opposed to the 28 you're claiming to be. :lol:

142923[/snapback]

142927[/snapback]

Scott, I think you owe Luke a kiss! :lol:

142928[/snapback]

I'd rather have Terry Fenwick instead tbh.

Those plastic Mexico '86 cards were mint. I dont recall them having an album tho :lol:

There was another Mexico '86 album for the panini jobs-for the 'lesser nations' they had two players mugshots per sticker iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirc. That album was gash like.

The panini domestic season 'football '86' was the best album ever tho. FACT YOU!

I was 9. Jesus wept.

Speaking of sticker albums, Sheff Wed's Peter Shirtliff always raised a smile.

144046[/snapback]

:lol:

Speaking of shirts....how shit was that West Brom shirt with the no smoking sign on! :lol: