Rob Lee on Talksport

Kid Dynamite

Why is it harsh? He's right. He may be a fellow pro but he's not involved with the club anymore and doesn't have to be diplomatic.

Saying we should flog Boumsong, Babayaro and Luque, 'among others'.

Bit harsh coming from a fellow pro like.

136968[/snapback]

I'd rather hear heartfelt truths like that than the 'politically correct' bullshit that most ex-pros come out with....

I think Thursday night served as an affirmation to mssrs Ferdinand and Lee how much the Newcastle fans loved them as players and in turn their high regard for us....

I'd love to see Rob Lee in particular involved with the club again at some point!

I think it would be stupid to flog Luque now. Most definitly one for keeps, the other two, I wouldn't lose sleep over it if we parted company with them.

If we get a good offer for Luque I would flog him in a second.

136995[/snapback]

And we'll never get a decent amount (4Mil+) for him after the season he's had. He is a quality attacking player, and we need him around.

I would only sell Luque if we got a bid north of £6.5m either that or if he was a significant makeweight in an important deal.

I would only sell Luque if we got a bid north of £6.5m either that or if he was a significant makeweight in an important deal.

137005[/snapback]

Agree, we can't take a massive loss on him and Boomsong and i know which one i want out of the door first!

I'd be happy enough for Luque to stay and se what he can do next season, but if good money was on offer and we had a player lined up then a sale may make sense.

As for what Lee said, it isn't harsh at all, he expressed him opinion that we should seel those players and alot of people agree with him.

He would have spat his dummy out if say, kilcline, had gone on radio and said we should flog him when his performances plummeted in his last season here.

137037[/snapback]

Hmm....Newcastle best buy pound for pound in the last 15 years for me...if we'd got what we paid for him [700k] we'd still be laughing

And if he played now he'd have done more than the Spanish arsehole

Edited by LeazesMag

I know i'm making a right arse of myself here by sharing this with you all.....but during one of my regular muddled up dreams i saw Luque in his toon shirt holding aloft a cup for us ;) Perhaps we ought to keep him.......

Remember you heard it here first!!! :lol:

He would have spat his dummy out if say, kilcline, had gone on radio and said we should flog him when his performances plummeted in his last season here.

137037[/snapback]

You try hard.....I'll give you that.....

I know i'm making a right arse of myself here by sharing this with you all.....but during one of my regular muddled up dreams i saw Luque in his toon shirt holding aloft a cup for us  :icon_lol: Perhaps we ought to keep him.......

Remember you heard it here first!!!  :lol:

137083[/snapback]

that mega sunshine you were on about has given you sunstroke ;)

I know i'm making a right arse of myself here by sharing this with you all.....but during one of my regular muddled up dreams i saw Luque in his toon shirt holding aloft a cup for us  ;) Perhaps we ought to keep him.......

137083[/snapback]

Prozac, helping women sleep since the 50's.

I know i'm making a right arse of myself here by sharing this with you all.....but during one of my regular muddled up dreams i saw Luque in his toon shirt holding aloft a cup for us  ;) Perhaps we ought to keep him.......

137083[/snapback]

Prozac, helping women sleep since the 50's.

137122[/snapback]

Not as much fun as ephedrine, the English doctors post WWII cure for any ailment.

I think it would be stupid to flog Luque now. Most definitly one for keeps.

136983[/snapback]

I'll give you two words against your argument:

Hugo Viana

137114[/snapback]

how is that against my argument?

WHat I meant by that is that we'll never get a decent price, therefore would be stupid to let him go now.

Guest alex

137037[/snapback]

Just about anybody would be pissed off to hear they weren't playing well enough. Doesn't make the comments any less true. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he's singing from the same hymn sheet as his great mate Shearer.

136983[/snapback]

Hugo Viana

137114[/snapback]

WHat I meant by that is that we'll never get a decent price, therefore would be stupid to let him go now.

137135[/snapback]

Regardless of the fact he didn't get a decent run in the side, it was obvious to all he wasn't interested in being at Newcastle and in the end because we had the though he was one for keeps in the end we got what? 1.5M? And he cost us 8m?

You don't see the argument against your logic???

136983[/snapback]

Hugo Viana

137114[/snapback]

137135[/snapback]

Regardless of the fact he didn't get a decent run in the side, it was obvious to all he wasn't interested in being at Newcastle and in the end because we had the though he was one for keeps in the end we got what? 1.5M? And he cost us 8m?

You don't see the argument against your logic???

137312[/snapback]

And all the wages we will be throwing at him for his ~4 year contract. I'd get rid now for 6-8m.

Guest alex

I'd take less than that in all honesty as I can't see him making it here and I can't see us getting near what we paid. Time to cut our losses I reckon.