Carlos confirms Chelsea talks

Scottish Mag

Roberto Carlos has confirmed that Chelsea are attempting to prise him away from Real Madrid.

Reports in Spain on Monday claimed The Blues were launching an offensive to try and land the full back, and the Brazilian concedes there has been contact.

Jose Mourinho is looking to revamp the squad that claimed a second successive Premiership title this season and left back has been one of the positions that has given him persistent headaches.

Spaniard Asier Del Horno has failed to truly convince since his arrival last summer while Wayne Bridge has been sidelined by serious injury.

At 33, Carlos is hardly the long-term solution to Mourinho's problem, but the Portuguese coach clearly believes he will prove a top-quality performer for a couple of seasons at least.

Spanish radio station Onda Cero claim agreement on a two-year deal is now almost total and that Chelsea are just awaiting the green light from Real.

Carlos himself is being slightly more cautious, but admits the interest from The Blues is very real.

"Nothing has been signed, although they (Real) have told me that Chelsea want me," he told Marca.

"I have told them that they have to speak to Real Madrid as there is a an election period, and I have a contract.

"I don't know what will happen in the elections and need to know if the new president and coach will want me.

"It's true there is something there with Chelsea and if it becomes concrete then it would be very sad for me to leave Madrid after all these years."

Carlos is shit IMO, poor defender, good free kick taker thats about it.

137273[/snapback]

I think his free-kicks are pretty wank too

I agree we would be mad not to do everything in our power to buy bridge.

Roeder should be looking at something like

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

for his shopping list. I know the last 2 would prob cost £10mil+ each but if we can rocoup half that by flogging luque, boumsong, bramble, babayaro, butt, bowyer, ameobi, faye wel be laughing!

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

for his shopping list. I know the last 2 would prob cost £10mil+ each but if we can rocoup half that by flogging luque, boumsong, bramble, babayaro, butt, bowyer, ameobi, faye wel be laughing!

137280[/snapback]

You forgot Bellamy

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

Deffo for Gudjonsson he is a great player. SWP no, he isnt upto it IMO. He has bags of pace and thats about it. Rarley comes up with an end product and would cost us too much.

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

Whilst I agree that is the calibre we should be looking for.

Owen, Gudjohnsson and Horse man all at the toon. Which one of them is going to be happy with a slot on the bench beside Amady?

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

You forgot Bellamy

137282[/snapback]

we already flogged him man, get with the times!

Guest alex

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

Been playing Football Manager have we?

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

You forgot Bellamy

137282[/snapback]

we already flogged him man, get with the times!

137287[/snapback]

That was quite good for you actually, J69

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

137288[/snapback]

And cheating apparently.

Why do people keep saying we should Upson when he is out injured and could be for as long as 9 months?

137306[/snapback]

cos wel get him for a fraction of the price when he comes back and looks world class playing in the championship. Plus hes not goint to be out for anywhere near 9 months!

Guest alex
Why do people keep saying we should Upson when he is out injured and could be for as long as 9 months?

137306[/snapback]

cos wel get him for a fraction of the price when he comes back and looks world class playing in the championship. Plus hes not goint to be out for anywhere near 9 months!

137321[/snapback]

He'll probably miss the start of the season (and the transfer window), could be an option in January though. Annoyingly, Robson could have had him for the £1.2million Brum payed. In fact we could have had him, Distin andBramble for a little more than we payed for Boumsong.

137306[/snapback]

137321[/snapback]

He'll probably miss the start of the season (and the transfer window), could be an option in January though. Annoyingly, Robson could have had him for the £1.2million Brum payed. In fact we could have had him, Distin andBramble for a little more than we payed for Boumsong.

137326[/snapback]

Distin was a greedy twat though if memory serves me correct

Guest alex

137306[/snapback]

137321[/snapback]

137326[/snapback]

Distin was a greedy twat though if memory serves me correct

137328[/snapback]

Well, that was the spin put out by the club. My alternative take on it was this: We had him on loan for a good long while and we 'hummed and harred' about signing him. If we'd offered him a deal earlier we probably would have got him. However, by the time we did, Man City were ready with a better offer.

137306[/snapback]

137321[/snapback]

He'd be a good buy imo.

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

137288[/snapback]

Incidentally has anyone ever played FM as Chelsea? Do you get unlimited funds?

Bridge

Upson

Gudjonsson

Wright Phillips

Nistlerooy

137280[/snapback]

137288[/snapback]

Incidentally has anyone ever played FM as Chelsea? Do you get unlimited funds?

138159[/snapback]

Think you get about start with about 100mill transfer budget and if your not quick roman might buy someone worldclass for you.