The Anti-Big Brother Thread

Tooj

Have you considered writing for N-O? :icon_lol:

137472[/snapback]

:rolleyes: I have

<---Kyzer Sosay

:rolleyes:;)

137483[/snapback]

Do you write for N-O though? I know you post on there as KS.

137487[/snapback]

yup, wrote this, this, this, this and this.

those are in reverse chronological order.

bear in mind I have never studied the form and styles of writing beyond GCSE English... so be gentle :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Agree with the sentiments of those, after giving them a cursory glance. I think you're trying too hard to shoe-horn in too many analogies though on occasion. I think you write better when it's more natural, if you know what I mean.

yeah cheers, it does read like I'm some kind of pretentious student wanker at times :lol:

haven't written anything since last year, been too focussed on this shitty shitty degree.

if there is a man on the planet more in need of a pint and a blowjob I'd like to shake his hand and offer my condolences.

Guest alex
yeah cheers, it does read like I'm some kind of pretentious student wanker at times :lol:

haven't written anything since last year, been too focussed on this shitty shitty degree.

if there is a man on the planet more in need of a pint and a blowjob I'd like to shake his hand and offer my condolences.

137508[/snapback]

Not having a go you understand, just what I thought. It's hard to write articles though, it's hard to stay focussed on a particular topic and it's hard to be critical about your own work, which you have to be. I think the best articles are reasonably pithy and to the point, which is difficult in itself. Fair play for having a go as well. You should do your next from the Bahamas ;)

yeah cheers, it does read like I'm some kind of pretentious student wanker at times ;)

137508[/snapback]

I'll give you the pint.

No man!

:lol:

Well so far this year Ive given up drinking, weed and illegal stimulants - I might as well add Big Brother to the list. I do think it is fantastic television a lot of the time though, but now that I spend all my time in the clutches of online poker I just cant afford the time.

Well I think it's fantasmogorical !!! :lol: I love sitting and shoutin at the telly when some odious little wannabe is gettin on me left tit !!I even auditioned for it a few years ago ( twas the year of the bores when Cameron won it) got through to stage three but got hoyed out after an in depth phsychological interview ??? ;)

Day 20 of the big brother house

fuck all has happened, except some grubby chav got drunk and flashed her biscuit encrusted droopy left cheb for three seconds.

Gemmil ranks this as good tv.

all the real entertainers that have ever graced the stage, the screen or the stereo roll in their grave and weep.

Jesus joins in with the weeping.

fuck all has happened, except some grubby chav got drunk and flashed her biscuit encrusted droopy left cheb for three seconds.

all the real entertainers that have ever graced the stage, the screen or the stereo roll in their grave and weep.

137568[/snapback]

I can tell your getting excited about it already...only 27 hours to go... :lol:

;) I tingle

137573[/snapback]

I thought you where without a suitable receptical?

137584[/snapback]

He's got a copy of Heat with jade and Chantelle in it :lol:

137568[/snapback]

Anybody with a passing interest in the human condition, personality and social interaction can find a wealth of fascination in big brother. The central truth, that all the contestants go in trying to play a part, and not a single one is able to prevent the breaking down of their artifice. All eventually revert to type, some disintegrating spectacularly, some disapearing under a cloud of dullness, but the journey they take is the strength of the concept, even if that is not the programmers intention.

On a different level, its also a fantastic soap admittedly one that has periods of utter utter boredom, but thats what you get from having real people. Shame you cant see past the posturing of the contestants and the easy snobbery of disdain

Series 7 will be the first series to allow a random member of the public to enter the house. 100 golden tickets will be placed in Kit-Kat chocolate bars, granting the finder a chance to enter the Big Brother house. The competition begins at 10:30pm on May 18 2006, the launch date of Big Brother.

Chocolate bars, statistically Gemmill has got to be the winner of this!

As for the programme it is shite and filled with complete cocks who are there to try and be famous and (thanks to our current moronic society) actually have a chance of being famous.

But it is watchable shite now and then, if theres nowt better on at night and i do find myself seeing bits of it here and there.

Anybody with a passing interest in the human condition, personality and social interaction can find a wealth of fascination in big brother. The central truth, that all the contestants go in trying to play a part, and not a single one is able to prevent the breaking down of their artifice. All eventually revert to type, some disintegrating spectacularly, some disapearing under a cloud of dullness, but the journey they take is the strength of the concept, even if that is not the programmers intention.

On a different level, its also a fantastic soap admittedly one that has periods of utter utter boredom, but thats what you get from having real people. Shame you cant see past the posturing of the contestants and the easy snobbery of disdain

137665[/snapback]

I think Big Brother just proves that the human condition is a whole lot less interesting than we'd like to believe.

I'll be playing Big Brother Bingo on Thursday night:

Token Black Guy

Token Black Girl

Someone from the North East

Someone from Scotland/Wales/N. Ireland (usually 2 from any of the 3 countries)

Crafty Cock-er-ney Geeza

Someone over 40

The Gay Bloke

There will probably be others aswell.

Series 7 will be the first series to allow a random member of the public to enter the house. 100 golden tickets will be placed in Kit-Kat chocolate bars, granting the finder a chance to enter the Big Brother house. The competition begins at 10:30pm on May 18 2006, the launch date of Big Brother.

Chocolate bars, statistically Gemmill has got to be the winner of this!

As for the programme it is shite and filled with complete cocks who are there to try and be famous and (thanks to our current moronic society) actually have a chance of being famous.

But it is watchable shite now and then, if theres nowt better on at night and i do find myself seeing bits of it here and there.

137677[/snapback]

Part of the problem, no one dares schedule anything against it. I like a bit background noise later on at night so I do end up with it on.

Token Black Guy

Token Black Girl

Crafty Cock-er-ney Geeza

Someone over 40

The Gay Bloke

137735[/snapback]

Thick bloke

Thick bird

The annoying one

The really annoying one

The complete prick

The complete bitch

etc. etc.

Token Black Guy

Token Black Girl

Crafty Cock-er-ney Geeza

Someone over 40

The Gay Bloke

137735[/snapback]

Thick bloke

Thick bird

The annoying one

The really annoying one

The complete prick

The complete bitch

etc. etc.

137737[/snapback]

:lol: All true.

137665[/snapback]

I think Big Brother just proves that the human condition is a whole lot less interesting than we'd like to believe.

137729[/snapback]

I have always been fascinated by the how and why of human behavour. Ive got a degree in the psychology of group and interpersonal behaviour, so I am sucker for BB

but spongey, it's not an investigation into the dynamic of people in a confined space under scrutiny.

The popularity of the show means that those that apply aren't doing it "for something new, a challenge", they're not doing it to win the £75,000, they're doing it for the lucrative tv/pop/book deals at the end of it.

it's a popularity contest where the folk in it are precisely the kind of people you'd avoid in the real world.

I've yet to hear of a contestant who didn't sound like the social equivalent of dragging a cheese grater across your gonads.

this isn't easy disdain, this isn't snobbery based on some public opinion, this is me detesting that this shite has become what passes for entertainment.

don't worry I feel as contemptuous of Pop Idol, I'm a no mark who's career went down the pan ages ago, get me a book deal, X-Factor, etc. etc. etc.

it's cheap, easy television which requires no engaging from the audience. All they need do is spend their money voting...

fucking hell, read a book, rent a movie, do something... don't just vegetate in your house watching people vegetating in theirs.

Jesus Wept-a-roony

The final countdown...I will be able to watch "opening night" sans whingeing lad as he has won tickets for the Futureheads gig tonight so is off out with a mate ( bit peeved like cos I said I did not want to go cos of Big Brother ;) so he gave the other ticket to his mate and now I have found out Field Music are the support :lol: )