Chairman Responds To Latest LMA Comments

Scottish Mag

Im not embarressed at all- I think Freddie has got it bang on.

Barnwell had a point and was entitled to make it. Once he had he could  have acknowledged the fairly unique situation we found ourselves in. The rules allowed for the Chairmen to make an exception, which they did. And still he bleats on. Typical no-mark know-nowt free loading self-serving blazer wearing shithead that pervades so much of our society. He should shut up and fuck off

I am embarressed by Newcastle fans backing him to score points against Shepherd. That is very poor imo

137670[/snapback]

<<<< round of applause >>>>

And I think he is bang on supporting his new manager. What would people be saying if he didn't ?

Edited by LeazesMag

In no way does he embarrass the club over this spat. Get a grip.

137567[/snapback]

he's a laughing stock and his complete lack of pr skills reflect badly on the club considering he's chairman.

no need for those comments at all tbh. the bigger man would have kept his gob shut

137596[/snapback]

I reckon by far the biggest laughing stock is Newcastle supporters thinking we have a divine right to be successful and have ambitous boards, behaving like spoiled bastard manu fans, and I never thought I would see the day NUFC fans would behave like that. Why don't you support your chairman, for supporting his new manager, because he almost died and his own union aren't ???

On the flip side, they really need to take a look at the qualification, Souness has it ffs.

137597[/snapback]

MoTD on last day of season:

Interviewer: 'Glenn, recent results have you third in the table.'

Glenn Roeder (dryly) after a slight pause to evaluate this statement: 'Third? A pro-license and we would be top.'

:icon_lol::lol::rolleyes:;):rolleyes: FUCKIN' CLASS. Go Glenn, go Glenn. :rolleyes:

I'm with Portly Freddie on this one. As has been said, he's basically telling the LMA that they don't call the shots.

Barnwell had a point and was entitled to make it. Once he had he could  have acknowledged the fairly unique situation we found ourselves in. The rules allowed for the Chairmen to make an exception, which they did. And still he bleats on. Typical no-mark know-nowt free loading self-serving blazer wearing shithead that pervades so much of our society. He should shut up and fuck off

I am embarressed by Newcastle fans backing him to score points against Shepherd. That is very poor imo

137670[/snapback]

And I think he is bang on supporting his new manager. What would people be saying if he didn't ?

137730[/snapback]

I think he was completely right in pointing it out the first time. But this is the third nearly identical press release and by this he is just demonstrating that he wants the last word. This is not exactly emberassing, but a tad bit unprofessional imho..

... though, thinking about it ... did Fat Fred ever post in the famous Autralia WC thread?

They're both right. They both have to back their organisations stance. The LMA have a set of policies, one of them has been broken. NUFC have been officially backed by the majority of other PL clubs and therefore are entitled to employ Glenn Roeder as manager.

So, they should both shut the fuck up.

137670[/snapback]

137730[/snapback]

Jesus wept! Did either of you two actually watch SSN when Shepherd came out with his embarassing tirade? Did anyone? It was completely uncalled for and once again made us look unprofessional, to put it mildly.

Leazes, you claim that virtually everyone but yourself is "blind" to Shepherd. I sugggest it is you that need the glasses. If this situation had arisen in any other club no way would you have supported Shepherd's stance and rants over this.

We can argue the merits of the license and whether Roeder should have been made an exception or not 'til the cows come home (personally I think not), but the fact is Shepherd had already succeeded in getting his cheap option in, which makes his rant, live on TV, all the more unnecessary and ridiculous.

137670[/snapback]

137730[/snapback]

Jesus wept! Did either of you two actually watch SSN when Shepherd came out with his embarassing tirade? Did anyone? It was completely uncalled for and once again made us look unprofessional, to put it mildly.

Leazes, you claim that virtually everyone but yourself is "blind" to Shepherd. I sugggest it is you that need the glasses. If this situation had arisen in any other club no way would you have supported Shepherd's stance and rants over this.

We can argue the merits of the license and whether Roeder should have been made an exception or not 'til the cows come home (personally I think not), but the fact is Shepherd had already succeeded in getting his cheap option in, which makes his rant, live on TV, all the more unnecessary and ridiculous.

137807[/snapback]

I am aware that he makes mistakes, everyone does. But overall he runs the club very well and does a lot more good things for the club than bad, I don't consider the odd daft thing said in the press as anything more than unncessary, any more than I consider Craig Bellamy wrong for calling Souness on the TV. Unneccessary but forgotten if you are winning.

I don't blame him in the slightest for getting angry at defending a man who nearly died. I think it is absolutely atrocious for Roeders union not to help him, after what happened to him. I would do exactly the same as Fred, in fact I would use the opportunity to tell the world I think Barnwell is a shithead of the highest order for not defending a member of his own union. I would be quite prepared to defend my new manager publicy until Barnwell and his cronies admit their complete lack of understanding and humanity.

And the comment by spongebob - I agree completely. I think Newcastle supporters who themselves cannot support their chairman in this matter is a bad craic, this is our manager, our chairman and our club that is being crapped on here -by another Geordie as well..... but especially think those who use it to continue their "damned whatever he does" view are a complete embarrassment, far more so than Shepherd has ever been.

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest alex

I don't mind Shepherd backing Glenn Roeder, Shearer made the point that he was taking the qualification when he got ill and he's now taking it again so I think the dispensation is perfectly sensible. I just don't think there's any need for the public slanging match. Neither party comes out of it particularly well. Shepherd would have been better advised to keep quiet in my view, not for the first time.

I don't blame him in the slightest for getting angry at defending a man who nearly died. I think it is absolutely atrocious for Roeders union not to help him, after what happened to him. I would do exactly the same as Fred, in fact I would use the opportunity to tell the world I think Barnwell is a shithead of the highest order for not defending a member of his own union. I would be quite prepared to defend my new manager publicy until Barnwell and his cronies admit their complete lack of understanding and humanity.

And the comment by spongebob - I agree completely. I think Newcastle supporters who themselves cannot support their chairman in this matter is a bad craic, this is our manager, our chairman and our club that is being crapped on here -by another Geordie as well..... but especially think those who use it to continue their "damned whatever he does" view are a complete embarrassment, far more so than Shepherd has ever been.

Thats got nothing to do with it though, im sure glenn doesnt want people sticking up for him cos he was poorly a few years ago.

It's got to the point where you just want Fred to stay away from the press. No sounds bites, no interviews, nowt. Anyway, we should get a break from him for awhile, it's whore season in the South of Spain soon and Little Douggies office needs redecorating.

137670[/snapback]

137730[/snapback]

137807[/snapback]

I am aware that he makes mistakes, everyone does. But overall he runs the club very well and does a lot more good things for the club than bad, I don't consider the odd daft thing said in the press as anything more than unncessary, any more than I consider Craig Bellamy wrong for calling Souness on the TV. Unneccessary but forgotten if you are winning.

137879[/snapback]

I can only assume you didn't see it then.

And why is it acceptable to criticize the manager (as you did), but not the chairman (as you always refuse to)? And wtf has being a geordie got to do with it?

If this was a one off LM, then fair enough. But he does it time and time again, I am really fucking sick of it now. It is beyond a joke.