Barca vs Arse

catmag

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be said, as has happened before in the very big situation when it really counts Henry hasn't delivered.

He missed that chance at the beginning to make it 1-0 with 11 men then the chance to make it 2-0 and probably kill the game.

Still one of the best players in the world mind!

class comments from Henry

137705[/snapback]

what were they ?

137709[/snapback]

basically accused the ref of being in Barcas pocket and said he should learn to dive, but he wouldnt because he's not a woman. Im sure Pires was looking a bit sheepish off camera

137705[/snapback]

what were they ?

137709[/snapback]

basically accused the ref of being in Barcas pocket and said he should learn to dive, but he wouldnt because he's not a woman. Im sure Pires was looking a bit sheepish off camera

137711[/snapback]

That is quite funny, but as you've pointed out, only say something like that when your teammates are beyond question and as he plays with Pires and Ashley Cole he's pushing his luck!

137705[/snapback]

what were they ?

137709[/snapback]

137711[/snapback]

cool. Pires' face on the bench was quite a picture

nelsonhaha7ti.gif

Am I one of the only few who don't hate Arsenal?  :lol:

137658[/snapback]

Only other British team I'll support in Europe, short of Hartlepool nabbing a spot like. ;)

137660[/snapback]

Same here. Arsenal were unlucky tonight. I don't like Cole, but he was man of the match in the first half. Ronaldinho is obviously world-class, but the way TV commentators are wanking over him is disgusting. He played poorly tonight and still it was all Ronaldinho according to them...

Potentially a great game, fucked up by poor refereeing in my opinion, out of the players the one player to make the defining difference was Henrik Larsson, made both of Barca's goals, sad that he will see out the end of his career in a backwater league, would have dearly loved to seen him in at black and white shirt, sad.

I'd have more time for Henry's comments if he wasn't in a team that includes 4 or 5 of the worst cheats in English football.

The ref was a typical UEFA corrupt/incompetent twat.

I'd have more time for Henry's comments if he wasn't in a team that includes 4 or 5 of the worst cheats in English football.

The ref was a typical UEFA corrupt/incompetent twat.

137747[/snapback]

Agreed.

Guest alex

Don't know what Arsenal had to moan about re: the ref. His two biggest errors cost Barcelona a goal then led to Arsenal one. I thought the ref was very poor (not least when Henry was booked for a great tackle) and I can understand Henry's frustration but I thought the ref was inept rather than pro-Barcelona.

Don't know what Arsenal had to moan about re: the ref. His two biggest errors cost Barcelona a goal then led to Arsenal one. I thought the ref was very poor (not least when Henry was booked for a great tackle) and I can understand Henry's frustration but I thought the ref was inept rather than pro-Barcelona.

137815[/snapback]

I thought the ref got the Lehman decision spot on. Didn't really pay much attention to the game after that, but I did hear that the Arsenal free kick from which they scored was dodgy. Anyway, at the end of the day, they were beaten fairly and squarely by the better side. I'm sick of this incessant moaning about refs. Perhaps if it's so easy, Papa Lazarou can get a job doing it. :lol:

Guest alex

Perhaps I should have rephrased that as 'two biggest decisions' ,i.e. in terms of their impact on the game. Ideally, he would have waited a second or two to see if Guily scored before blowing his whistle. My point was that Arsenal couldn't really complain seeing as the decision was probably the best result for them, given the only other alternative was a goal to Barca. He did have a shocker though, which if you'd watched the match properly you would have realised :lol: