Barca vs Arse

catmag

Eboue was diving in his own half as well as falling over for the goal. I thought the Barca goal should have stood and then the ref can send Lehmann off retrospectively because he denied Eto'o a goal scoring opportunity by grabbing his foot. The Henry yellow card was attrocious though.

As for Ronaldinho being anon, he still managed 46 completed passes to Henry's 16 (although Henry being on his own counted against). Henry did bottle a great chance in the second half, but when Iniesta and Larson came on, they just took the game away from Arsenal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a fantastic player Larson like. Intelligent footballer, underated harshly imo because he spent so long at Celtic.

I thought the ref was poor, but to both sides. He spent the first 15 minutes giving nowt, then got whistle happy, then gave nowt.

Still a fantastic player Larson like. Intelligent footballer, underated harshly imo because he spent so long at Celtic.

137866[/snapback]

Definately agree on that count, i have a mate who for some reason despite Larsson proving himself at Barce that fat boy Viduka has always been a far superior player

Guest alex
I was very, very drunk. I have a vauge recollection of chanting 'you ugly buck toothed bastard' whenever Ronaldinho appeared.

137865[/snapback]

Crazy students eh? :lol:

I was very, very drunk. I have a vauge recollection of chanting 'you ugly buck toothed bastard' whenever Ronaldinho appeared.

137865[/snapback]

Crazy students eh? :lol:

137869[/snapback]

Hey, I had an exam on Tuesday and had previously been in the pub with bunch of nobhead medical students. Drinking was the only option.

What the Hell are Arsenal and the English media in general complaining about??

The ref got it spot on with the Lehman decision, he did what the law asks you to do. The free-kick which led to campell's goal was a blatant dive from Eboue. Plus, Eboue could have been easily sent-off for that studs up challanege on Edmilson I think it was. Yes, he got the henry red card wrong and did look nervy in general but it imo it affectec barcelona more than it did Arsenal.

Arsenal have always been whingers. They cant accpet the fact the lehman completely messed up, henry missed two one-on-ones with the keeper and in general they were outclassed by a superior team.

Im disappointed with wenger and henry for their comments after the game. Plus might I say how embarrasing andy gray and martin tyler were during the match?? The way they were whinging especiallyMr. Gray. I would be quite embarrased if I was english, the whole world was watching for heavens sake and the commentators were acting like kids.

I said before the match on another thread that the english would come up with an excuse, and they havent disappointed. It was expected and people are sick of it believe me. Learn to lose for heaven sake!!! God knows what will happen if England come home early from the world cup, hitler's soul will probably be blamed.

Ive always been a fan of the premier league and always will be. Ive taken part in countless discussions to try and convince somone that the epl is the most exciting league. A lot of what happened yesterday was built around 'spain v england' and 'la liga v the premiership'. But the english fan's constant whinging and their dellusion as to the fact that their league is the 'best' had me praying for a barca win. I have to say im delighted that the la liga has sent a boot up the premierships arse twice now, first through sevilla and now barcelona. It just goes to show you that the la liga is far far superior in terms of technical ability. Sevilla completely destryoed boro, and Barcelona dominated chelsea and arsenal this season.

P.S

this is not a dig at the fans here, ive let out the frustration here that was built up when reading artciles and threads on other general forums and on the media. I think i'll paste and copy it there :lol:

Edited by aimaad22

the ref admitted this morning if he could do the match over again hed award the goal and give lehmann a yellow. But you cant blame him, he saw the foul and blew, the goal came a few seconds after.

If it was the other way around arsenal would have been screaming for the red card.

They should be more disappointed that they let 2 goals in at the near post and that half the team looked like they couldnt be arsed after the second goal went in. especially henry! There was one time when fabregas was running towards goal, 3 defenders in front of him and henry was walking out on the wing not even trying to help him out! Hes one of the best players in the world but would you see gerrard sulking at a goal down with ten mins left?

Its classic arsenal tbh, whinging and moaning about percieved slights against them whilst as ever ignoring the cheating by their own player to set up their goal.

And some of Henry's bitter whinging has to be down to the fact he pissed away 2 chances in the biggest match of the season when he should have done far better and he knows it.

Arsenal are just pissed off they didn't get preferential treatment from the referee as they invariably do from English refs.

138174[/snapback]

Arse and manu can never handle what happens in europe where they are mostly handled fairly 50:50 by foreign refs who don't give a flyign fuck who they are.

Whereas in the prem they are used to a bunch of usless fawning tossers giving them practically every decision, and so they can't take it.

Needless to say the two of them have completely dominated the premiership for god knows how long but currently have 1 CL between them in this era. Both are/were great teams, big difference though when you don't have the refs helping you.