Jury Service

Craig

Anyone else ever done this? I'm on it for the next two weeks and after a couple of days of being told I wasn't required, I finally went to court today.

Having been told to get there for 10.30 this morning, they first told us we'd be going into court at 11.30, then before lunch, then 2.15pm and finally got in at 3.30pm and I was chosen, accepted and sworn in....

The case continues! :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister's boyfriend is doing this at the moment. He's in his second week, didn't get called at all for the first week so basically just had a skive, got a quality case this week apparently - not that he'll tell me anything about it. ;) Might have a nose through any ongoing trials if I'm down at court tomorrow. :lol:

What was that TV show where the bloke on jury duty ends up shagging the defendent who's obviously guilty but he can't say so or he won't get his hole?

137712[/snapback]

Peep Show i believe

What was that TV show where the bloke on jury duty ends up shagging the defendent who's obviously guilty but he can't say so or he won't get his hole?

137712[/snapback]

Peep Show i believe

137715[/snapback]

That was the one. Cheers.

aye haway man Craig, whats the case aboot?

Obviously you're only supposed to tell on a need to know basis.....

well we need to know.

137707[/snapback]

If I wanted to be banged up myself for contempt of court I'd tell you.

Sorry lads and lasses, but I'm not allowed to discuss it before it closes - but I'll disclose it all afterwards though :lol:

I was called up when I was 21, it co-incided with me having glandular fever, had to get a letter from my GP to get me out of traveling the the 30 miles to Ipswich for 2 weeks.

I was called up about 4 years ago but I was still a contractor so "refused" as it would have had me in the poor house with any length of case.

Speaking to my mate at the time who's a copper he reckons too many people get out of it and too many juries are made up of "students, dole wallers, pensioners, housewives and other thick fuckers" :lol: which made his job harder.

I was called up about 4 years ago but I was still a contractor so "refused" as it would have had me in the poor house with any length of case.

Speaking to my mate at the time who's a copper he reckons too many people get out of it and too many juries are made up of "students, dole wallers, pensioners, housewives and other thick fuckers" :lol: which made his job harder.

137751[/snapback]

Does he know craig ?

Too many want to get out of it and I don't understand why - I've always wanted to do it :lol:

There was a good supply of older people and housewifes, but no one student in sight...

Too many want to get out of it and I don't understand why - I've always wanted to do it ;)

There was a good supply of older people and housewifes, but no one student in sight...

137756[/snapback]

any MILF's ? :lol:

students'll have exams at the moment Craig

I think I speak for all the board when I say.. if the defendant is a chav.. he's guilty.

lock em up, press for maximum sentencing.. push for castration.

My cousin was called up a few years ago and she got a paedophile case. She was pretty shaken by the whole thing for a while afterwards like, pretty harrowing as they have to go into pretty graphic details. If I ever get called up I'd hope I never got owt like that, just petty crimes would do me.

I was on the jury for a rape case about 12 years ago, it was very harrowing but you felt like you were doing something that was worth while.

One old boy on the jury would of agreed with anything as long as he could catch the next bus home and didn't have to wait for a later one!! he really pissed me off can you imagine someone's liberty is at stake and all you are concerned about is getting home in time to watch f--king Eastenders!!!!!!!!!!

The guy was found guilty and got 6 years.

Too many want to get out of it and I don't understand why - I've always wanted to do it B)

137756[/snapback]

any MILF's ? :razz:

137757[/snapback]

Hell yes...

There's one in particular on a case in another of the courts who's got a cracking rack - could rest your pint on it! :lol:

My cousin was called up a few years ago and she got a paedophile case. She was pretty shaken by the whole thing for a while afterwards like, pretty harrowing as they have to go into pretty graphic details. If I ever get called up I'd hope I never got owt like that, just petty crimes would do me.

137794[/snapback]

I was on the jury for a rape case about 12 years ago, it was very harrowing but you felt like you were doing something that was worth while.

One old boy on the jury would of agreed with anything as long as he could catch the next bus home and didn't have to wait for a later one!! he really pissed me off can you imagine someone's liberty is at stake and all you are concerned about is getting home in time to watch f--king Eastenders!!!!!!!!!!

The guy was found guilty and got 6 years.

137840[/snapback]

Those are the two types of cases I was dreading.....

All I'm gonna say is that these last two days have been eye opening - I feel positively 'normal' in comparision to some of the people I've seen in that court room!

Found out today that the trial I'm sitting in on is in the very same courtroom as the one where Rose West was tried! :lol: