Man Yoo After Kerlon

Tooj

Manchester United are reportedly in talks to sign Brazilian starlet Kerlon.

The 18-year-old, full name Kerlon Moura Souza, is Cruzeiro's prized asset and is one of the hottest young properties in Brazil.

He came to the fore last year during the South American Under-17 championship where he helped his country lift the title in Venezuela - whilst also winning both the top-scorer and player of the tournament awards.

It was during the junior competition that Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to have been tipped off about the boy, whose genius is compared to that of Ronaldinho.

His party trick - which he employs regularly during a game - is something called the 'seal dribble', as he flicks the ball onto his head and runs with it past the opposition, who cannot challenge him without committing a foul.

Kerlon admits it is something he has always been able to do: "It's just a skill I have, though it's not meant to be a mark of disrespect to my opponents.

"Opponents say they will snap me, but this doesn't scare me, it just motivates me even more."

United, having missed out on Ronaldinho, are keen to secure the player who is being tipped to succeed him with the national side and Cruzeiro admit he is available.

"We are always ready to listen to offers for Kerlon," Cruzeiro vice-president Zeze Perrella told The Times and he confirmed a deal was close with a Premiership club - believed to be United.

"We have had a lot of interest in him and we have been in close contact with an English team, but right now we are not there on the money."

One problem for Ferguson and United, is that Kerlon may not immediately qualify to play in England - as at the moment it appears he has no European relatives from whom he could draw an EU passport.

Should Kerlon arrive in England, who would have to be loaned out until he could secure a permit to play in The Premiership.

that seal move sounds class like, i bet he only tries it once in england though!

137901[/snapback]

Aye, the minute he takes a shoulder charge from someone like Sol Campbell he'll soon stop doing it.

Seen him do that Seal move before and it looks pretty spectacular, although i do also remember Pele perfecting it mind :lol:

Ahh, but he's a good player on Football Manager 2006, therefore his credibility and reputation is zero in some people's opinions.

:lol:

Ahh, but he's a good player on Football Manager 2006, therefore his crediblity and reputation is zero in some people's opinions.

137907[/snapback]

Technique and dribbling 20 if i'm not mistaken ;)

Ahh, but he's a good player on Football Manager 2006, therefore his credibility and reputation is zero in some people's opinions.

137907[/snapback]

If he's winning player of the tournament at his age then I think he's worth a gamble. Besides, I don't own Football Manager 2006. ;)

Guest alex

I don't think his age is that relevent in terms of winning player of the tournament in the South American U-17 Championships :lol:

137907[/snapback]

If he's winning player of the tournament at his age then I think he's worth a gamble. Besides, I don't own Football Manager 2006. ;)

137909[/snapback]

Still playing 2005 eh ? :icon_lol:

137907[/snapback]

If he's winning player of the tournament at his age then I think he's worth a gamble. Besides, I don't own Football Manager 2006. :razz:

137909[/snapback]

*cough* Hugo Viana *cough*

137907[/snapback]

If he's winning player of the tournament at his age then I think he's worth a gamble. Besides, I don't own Football Manager 2006. :razz:

137909[/snapback]

*cough* Hugo Viana *cough*

137944[/snapback]

Good point...