Tech help

The Fish

If I take my Dell Laptop into PC World, will they give it a service, or will they refuse as it's Dell?

If they do refuse, where would be the best place to take the Laptop?

nothing is particularly wrong, just running really slowly and adobe acrobat keeps trying to install everytime I run any microsoft program...

it's working fine enough, just me being picky.

and Jonny, I'll have you know I am quite well aware of my own limitations, the reason it seems like I never ask for help is that my limitations are limited.

nothing is particularly wrong, just running really slowly and adobe acrobat keeps trying to install everytime I run any microsoft program...

and Jonny, I'll have you know I am quite well aware of my own limitations, the reason it seems like I never ask for help is that my limitations are limited.

138075[/snapback]

Don't you have any mates who might look at it for you? Better than getting charged £35 or whatever it is PC World charge?

Yoy tried removing Acrobat Reader and putting the latest version on? What about re-installing office? Adaware/ccleaner/spybot etc etc etc ?

138075[/snapback]

do you have the xp installation discs?

if so - backup and reinstall.

hey presto, a new pc.

138075[/snapback]

Don't you have any mates who might look at it for you? Better than getting charged £35 or whatever it is PC World charge?

Yoy tried removing Acrobat Reader and putting the latest version on? What about re-installing office? Adaware/ccleaner/spybot etc etc etc ?

138078[/snapback]

Installed the latest reader, and it told me it had removed the older version. It's still trying to install acrobat though...

I got snide copies of office and xp, so don't have the discs to re-install.

using eTrust EZ anti virus thing, standard windows firewall and run anti-spyware software pretty regularly (basically every 30 days when the free trial runs out.)

Might get a mate with an XP copy, and just wipe the laptop to it's bare bones, start again...

Advice : Never go to PC World, for anything, ever.

What exactly is wrong with it?

138073[/snapback]

seconded

138103[/snapback]

pc world arnt actually as bad as they used to be - at least when it comes to retail. you can now 'reserve' stuff on their site , at a cheaper price and then collect it instore.

i agree that the 'tech support' bit should be avoided though. at the silverlink, i'm sure theres a big board behind the support desk advertising ram installations for £15 quid!

Contemplating going to PC World is a consideration for a banning alone. Laz, you wanna have a fucking word with yourself, PC World is as bad as it's ever been!

Contemplating going to PC World is a consideration for a banning alone. Laz, you wanna have a fucking word with yourself, PC World is as bad as it's ever been!

138157[/snapback]

He is right about getting good deals when you order online, not talking about buying a pc . My mate got his wireless keyboard for 15pound less or so just got he ordered it online and picked it up in store. They normally do the same for chart games as well.

138157[/snapback]

heres a bargain 320gb external hdd for £99.99 - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=023695

i had a dvdrw bought from them for £40 that didnt read cd's so i took it back and they let me replace it for a dvdrw priced at £50.

138157[/snapback]

He is right about getting good deals when you order online, not talking about buying a pc . My mate got his wireless keyboard for 15pound less or so just got he ordered it online and picked it up in store. They normally do the same for chart games as well.

138192[/snapback]

yep - they were flogging old xbox games fror £0.49 the other week as well. (to confirm - thtas forty nine pence).

cheers boys.

I'll probably teat everything I need off it then do the shake 'n' vac.

thing that scares me most is shifting my music somewhere, and then back... is it worth me buying an external hard-drive, purely for backup purposes?