Terry Henry to stay ?

Lazarus

Would be fantastic if it was true

138252[/snapback]

And why would Henry staying be fantastic?

For NUFC it will be an absolute disaster. We need to grab 4th place - Arsenal will be a lot more difficult to catch with Henry weighing in with 20+ goals next season.

Yes, yes he's good to watch but so fuck - do you want CL or not?

138277[/snapback]

What UM said teebeeaitch.

138307[/snapback]

Disregarding any implications for NUFC, I'm struggling to think how anyone but an Arsenal fan could regard it as fantastic news?

Personally, I reckon he's made a mistake (if true), but then it happens to the best (e.g. Shearer).

138321[/snapback]

All correct. The "oh its great to see the best players in the prem" atitude gets you nowhere. I don't give a shit how good he is to watch, he isn't doing it for NUFC but could well be doing it against us so why should i be pleased.

Great for arse fans, not in anyway great for anyone who wants to rival them or at least be close to competing with them.

And i agree with Renton if Henry wants CL trophies he's made a mistake. In all the time he's been here they haven't even been close, bar this years exception and i don't see them winning it in the future either. And in the prem i don't see them stopping Chelsea.

Thats not to say he's wrong to stay, only wrong if he thinks they'll be winning everything. I think its admirable if a player does stay because he loves the club/fans and thinks he owes the manager who helped launch his career at the very top and puts loyalty before other considerations.

no, but the same logic applies. If they leave, the top 4 would be seriously weakened. Are you telling me if chelsea signed ronaldinho you wouldnt look forward to seeing him play at st james?

138405[/snapback]

Yep, I'd sit back and applaud as he walks through 4 or 5 NUFC players and slots home his 5th. Like I said, I like seeing world class players, but I hope they're shit or injured when they play up here.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

But youd still like to see him in this league, which is what im saying, as opposed to in the italian or spanish league?

Theres a few people in here that take supporting a team to the extreme. The whole, I dont want to see english teams do well in europe, i dont want to see world class players in the league, i dont want boro to win the waffa even if it benefits us thing etc. etc.

Am i the only one that supports newcastle and is a fan of football on top as well? Of course I want to see newcastle beat any team they play, and id like Sunderland to do shit, but how is arsenal keeping henry really going to affect us!? we havent been up to arsenals standard for 9 years, henry levaing isnt going to change that!

It's simple really; I like to see great footballers, I like to see great football. However, when Newcastle are playing I want them to win and the opposition to lose. So for 90 minutes I couldn't give a shit about the other team. Got fuck all to do with sooperfandom.

But youd still like to see him in this league, which is what im saying, as opposed to in the italian or spanish league?

Theres a few people in here that take supporting a team to the extreme. The whole, I dont want to see english teams do well in europe, i dont want to see world class players in the league, i dont want boro to win the waffa even if it benefits us thing etc. etc.

Am i the only one that supports newcastle and is a fan of football on top as well? Of course I want to see newcastle beat any team they play, and id like Sunderland to do shit, but how is arsenal keeping henry really going to affect us!? we havent been up to arsenals standard for 9 years, henry levaing isnt going to change that!

138513[/snapback]

We only finished 9 points below Arsenal. Think of all the games we should have won but played shit in under Souness. Without Henry there is no way they would have finished above us.

but if they flog him for £25mil theyl just replace him with torres or someone that will bang in another 25. You can if and but all you like but im pretty sure arsenal will finish more than 9 points above us next year.

Guest alex

I practically never support English teams in Europe with the odd exception. It's not something I consciously decide though, I just don't want them to win when I'm watching the match. I take you point about it being good having good players in our league though.

I never siad otherwise? However, if you think we are honestly competing against the top 4 at the minute your daft. We are about 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers away from competing against the likes of chelsea and arsenal at the minute.

138513[/snapback]

How the fuck does MIDDLESBOROUGH winning the UEFA Cup benefit NEWCASTLE United??? :lol:

138513[/snapback]

How the fuck does MIDDLESBOROUGH winning the UEFA Cup benefit NEWCASTLE UNITED??? :lol:

138547[/snapback]

In an old thread, beofre uefa clarified it, it was thought that if newcastle finished 7th and boro won the cup, we would qualify for europe. But most on here said they would rather not be in europe than see boro win the cup.

Guest alex
compare arsenals starting XI with ours and thats how many of their players would get in our first XI

138554[/snapback]

Bearing that in mind, you can see why some people aren't over the moon about the prospect of Henry staying.

compare arsenals starting XI with ours and thats how many of their players would get in our first XI

138554[/snapback]

Bearing that in mind, you can see why some people aren't over the moon about the prospect of Henry staying.

138556[/snapback]

Yeah, we're goign to be behind them, lets ensure its even further behind them.

Because J69 can go on all he likes about how they can replace him with another striker who'll do the same, but thats a collosal assupmtion. Firstly there are very few players out there the equal of Henry and they are unlikely to go to arse, their are bigger and better clubs in europe.

Secondly any new player would have to settle in the prem and like Henry himself may not be amazing in their first season, or like some foreign players may never settle in the prem.

And thirdly, Henry isn't just a striker who scores x no. of goals he is everything to their team and his presence at the club makes a massive difference.

So all said it would make NUFC's (the team we actually support, not arsenal) job of attempting to chase arsenal a damn site easier if there was no Henry there. And NUFC is what matters to me, not being able to say the premiership has some great players in it.