Fed-up Drogba eyes European move

MattM4

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/4996352.stm

Chelsea's Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba says he wants to leave English football because he is fed up with the criticism he has received.

The 28-year-old, who cost £24m from Marseille in 2004, had to issue a retraction recently after admitting diving and scoring with his hand.

"I want to move on and avoid all the pressure and scandals. Those things hurt my feelings," he told the Sun.

"Anywhere I go, the Champions League will be there waiting for me."

Bloody hell there's some gratitude for ya. Good news for the league though as I think he is a disgrace to the game. If he can't understand why he gets stick then he should get a brain transplant as well as a transfer. Hope he gets his move.

"Yes, it was handball, but that's part of the game," he said.

"If City had done it, no-one would have mentioned it. But everyone is out to make a big mess about Chelsea."

yeah right :lol:

Then again I reckon a lot of the cheating comes from Mourinho telling them to do it, because they can get away with.

138445[/snapback]

I agree with that, his Porto team were exactly the same

J69 is gutted :lol:

138462[/snapback]

And i would call crespo and drogba average, they didnt get near the likes of keane, bent in the scoring charts and neither were in the top 10. Not good for the champions. I doubt you would find any other club who were champions in europe without one of their strikers in the top 10 goal scoring charts.

you obviously missed this thread :razz:

Guest alex
J69 is gutted :lol:

138462[/snapback]

And i would call crespo and drogba average, they didnt get near the likes of keane, bent in the scoring charts and neither were in the top 10. Not good for the champions. I doubt you would find any other club who were champions in europe without one of their strikers in the top 10 goal scoring charts.

you obviously missed this thread :razz:

138475[/snapback]

I saw it but assumed it was a joke B)

mourinho obviously thinks so or he wouldnt be buying 2 new strikers who can. How many people on here blab on about, we need a 20goal a season man to replace shearer etc. etc. wel get the rock to stand in their half to hold up the ball and then we can get linford christie to run after anyone with the ball helping out our defebders. wel be laughing!

But being a striker is all about scoring goals.  Scoring goals and nothing else, putting the ball in the onion sack, beating the keeper, goals, goals goals.

138514[/snapback]

No, it isn't. It's about helping the team win games. Who cares if Drogba only scored 12 last season (he had 11 assists, too--the highest of any striker), when Chelsea out-score every other club, including Arsenal and the Glams with their BiG nAmE strikers?

Shrek and Horseface scored 37 of the Glam's 72 goals. Henry scored 27 of Arsenal's 68. If 30-45% of your goals are coming from one player, then your season practically depends on that player's fitness and each game depends a lot on one player's form. Much better to play a system that spreads the chances around. It's much easier to replace a striker that can jump well and pass a bit than it is to replace one who can score 20+ goals a season. Same goes for any player. The system is king.

Chelsea's Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba says he wants to leave English football because he is fed up with the criticism he has received.

The 28-year-old, who cost £24m from Marseille in 2004, had to issue a retraction recently after admitting diving and scoring with his hand.

"I want to move on and avoid all the pressure and scandals. Those things hurt my feelings," he told the Sun.

Bloody hell there's some gratitude for ya. Good news for the league though as I think he is a disgrace to the game. If he can't understand why he gets stick then he should get a brain transplant as well as a transfer. Hope he gets his move.

"If City had done it, no-one would have mentioned it. But everyone is out to make a big mess about Chelsea."

yeah right :icon_lol:

138440[/snapback]

Yes right. Do you remember a guy called Morten Gamst Pedersen? He did something worse imo, in that he delibereatley punched the ball in the net - well it looked more deliberate than Drogba's. Did anyone else go on about it? No, it was just considered an "unfortunate" goal scored against us. So to be fair, Drogba does have a point.

yeah right ;)

138440[/snapback]

Yes right. Do you remember a guy called Morten Gamst Pedersen? He did something worse imo, in that he delibereatley punched the ball in the net - well it looked more deliberate than Drogba's. Did anyone else go on about it? No, it was just considered an "unfortunate" goal scored against us. So to be fair, Drogba does have a point.

139046[/snapback]

Good point. But to be fair, people on here don't hate Blackburn :icon_lol:

yeah right ;)

138440[/snapback]

139046[/snapback]

139060[/snapback]

There is also the fact he scored after handling the ball twice in a week, is one of the most theatrical players at Chelsea (and that's saying something), and admitted he dives on national TV.

Anyway, what's wrong with hating Chelsea?

But being a striker is all about scoring goals.  Scoring goals and nothing else, putting the ball in the onion sack, beating the keeper, goals, goals goals.

138514[/snapback]

No, it isn't. It's about helping the team win games. Who cares if Drogba only scored 12 last season (he had 11 assists, too--the highest of any striker), when Chelsea out-score every other club, including Arsenal and the Glams with their BiG nAmE strikers?

Shrek and Horseface scored 37 of the Glam's 72 goals. Henry scored 27 of Arsenal's 68. If 30-45% of your goals are coming from one player, then your season practically depends on that player's fitness and each game depends a lot on one player's form. Much better to play a system that spreads the chances around. It's much easier to replace a striker that can jump well and pass a bit than it is to replace one who can score 20+ goals a season. Same goes for any player. The system is king.

139042[/snapback]

Written by a person who's team has three of the most ineffective strikers in the league :icon_lol:

yeah right :rolleyes:

138440[/snapback]

139046[/snapback]

139060[/snapback]

There is also the fact he scored after handling the ball twice in a week, is one of the most theatrical players at Chelsea (and that's saying something), and admitted he dives on national TV.

Anyway, what's wrong with hating Chelsea?

139104[/snapback]

Frank Lampard plays for them :lol:

;)

Written by a person who's team has three of the most ineffective strikers in the league ;)

139200[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Imagine how we'd have done with some proper ones, though :icon_lol:

Edited by wacko

• 11 months later...
J69 is gutted :D

138462[/snapback]

you obviously missed this thread ;)

I hope it was a joke :finger:;);)

But being a striker is all about scoring goals. Scoring goals and nothing else, putting the ball in the onion sack, beating the keeper, goals, goals goals.

Yet, Martins get roasted around here?

Edited by Holden McGroin