Fed-up Drogba eyes European move

MattM4

But being a striker is all about scoring goals.  Scoring goals and nothing else, putting the ball in the onion sack, beating the keeper, goals, goals goals.

138514[/snapback]

No, it isn't. It's about helping the team win games. Who cares if Drogba only scored 12 last season (he had 11 assists, too--the highest of any striker), when Chelsea out-score every other club, including Arsenal and the Glams with their BiG nAmE strikers?

Shrek and Horseface scored 37 of the Glam's 72 goals. Henry scored 27 of Arsenal's 68. If 30-45% of your goals are coming from one player, then your season practically depends on that player's fitness and each game depends a lot on one player's form. Much better to play a system that spreads the chances around. It's much easier to replace a striker that can jump well and pass a bit than it is to replace one who can score 20+ goals a season. Same goes for any player. The system is king.

A year old but still makes perfect sense.

Hmm - after the Cup Final yesterday he said he loved being at Chelski..........

Meeja Bollix again I think

One thing tho' as he came down the steps with his Winner's Medal he stopped and signed a couple of programmes for fans

Not many pro's would do that IMHO

One thing tho' as he came down the steps with his Winner's Medal he stopped and signed a couple of programmes for fans

Apologized after kicking the ball into the crowd an arl.

Apologized after kicking the ball into the crowd an arl.

Oh I take back everything I've said about him, he's such a saint.

For fucks sake. <_<