Praise for the club

sweetleftpeg

As you all know I'm a cynical bastard when it comes to the club and what they do for the fans, or customers as we've become, but I have to give praise where praise is due regarding something that happened today. It might be long, I apologise for that.

My dad was a season ticket holder and died suddenly in November. He left a letter with his Will basically saying he wanted money put aside for me to take on his seat for a couple of seasons if owt happened to him. I've got a season ticket, but he wanted me to take his over. So...we left it last season and I sold it on to my mate. The renewal comes and I rang the box office to explain the situation, they were excellent and asked if my mam could pop in with the death certificate to clear up a few things and the tickets would be switched. So she goes in today...and she gets a canny bit upset as she gets to the ground..she's in tears as she enters the box office. So the box office staff sat her down in the back, gave her a cup of tea, and filed in all the paperwork for her. I bought my mam a memorial stone at the ground for my Dad, which she hadn't seen yet, she half metioned this to the staff and 5 minutes later a bloke in a suit appears and takes my mam to show her the stone while they finish off the paperwork. He then takes her back to the box office, where they've got another cup of tea waiting for her. :lol:

I'm just sharing this cos it's actually touched me a bit, they were brilliant with her and this is the first real 'human touch' I've seen the club show in a long time. So, well done NUFC and especially one lass at te box office..even though my dad was a name on the database today was hard for my mam...and they were superb. Now I have to go to the toilet for 5 minutes...

Thats great to hear, and thanks for sharing the story, its refreshing to know that the club can be compassionate.

Aye bud, they were mint with my Auntie and us lot when my uncle died. When we went to scatter his ashes, the Leazes end was all dug up for some under-pitch work. We wanted them put there becuase he was always a Leazes lad, but obviously this wasnt an option. So, after we'd scattered them at the Gallowgate, they paid for our lunch and gave us an absolutely quality tour. Showed us the offices and all sorts.

Apparently that was just to make up for the Leazes being messy at the time. Brilliant gesture I thought, especially when they could have just said 'walk in, scatter, leave.'