Mourinho on Gudjohnsen

"The position with Eidur is that he is a great football player. We want to keep him but we are open to speak with clubs about him if they show a real interest in him."

Howay Glenda, get the cheque book ready.

138690[/snapback]

Seconded! :lol:

IIRC, SBR nearly signed him but ended up plumping for Carl Cort instead. Nice that.

I'd love to get him, but I don't see it happening. Either that or he'll end up like Butt.

Guest alex

I think it was Gudjohsen who turned us down in favour of Chelsea rather than us going for a different option.

Bobby tried to sign him from Bolton, and it fell through for whatever reason.

He also had him and Ronaldo scouted at PSV, I think.

139447[/snapback]

They both played for Robson at PSV.

I heard Bobby tell a story about them being scouted, I thought he had said that his scouts couldn't tell which player was better of the two.

I may have got the story wrong, or Bobby may have told it wrong.

Guest alex
I heard Bobby tell a story about them being scouted, I thought he had said that his scouts couldn't tell which player was better of the two.

I may have got the story wrong, or Bobby may have told it wrong.

139450[/snapback]

Pretty sure they both played under Robson in Holland, it was mentioned at the time when we went for Gudjohnsen when he joined Chelsea instead.

Yeah, that would make sense to me as well. I'd say that was a decent partnership.

I was looking to see who signed him for PSV back when he was 17. I can't find it on wikipedia though.

I really hope we sign him, as someone else mentioned, he plays in a similar role to Rooney, his vision for a pass is unbelievable.