Radiohead

Hatful Of Hollow

Every band has moments which they would rather forget, and I feel 'Amnesiac' is Radioheads.

:D

Anyway, I rate the first 3 albums, especially the Bends and OK Computer. I can't get into the rest of their stuff, and personally think Kid A is pretty awful to listen to (got it on now just to check - still don't like it). A good band, an influential band, but not the best act of the last 15 years. Nowhere near in fact.

Agreed on the first 3 albums. Bits and pieces of their stuff after OK Computer is decent, but for the most part it's fairly unlistenable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked Pablo Honey

Liked The Bends

Liked OK Computer

Disappointed with Kid A

Hated Amnesiac

Hated Hail To The Thief

I don't mind that they decided to go a bit more experimental, I just don't like it.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Saw them at V last year though and all their stuff sounded immense live.

I find it interesting that radiohead can produce brilliant album after album, constantly growing and changing and yet get slated for it and yet U2 produce complete and utter shit and yet are hailed the greatest and most innovative band in the world!

There is a band called regurgitator who got so sick of people slating their new releases because it sounded different or because they used different instruments that they actually released a single called I Like Your Old Stuff Better Than Your New Stuff.

Edited by sammynb

I've always seen Paranoid Android as the Bohemian Rhapsody of my generation. Fucking genius.

I quite like them, but that song is SO overrated (then and now) it is scary.

I find it interesting that radiohead can produce brilliant album after album, constantly growing and changing and yet get slated for it and yet U2 produce complete and utter shit and yet are hailed the greatest and most innovative band in the world!

There is a band called regurgitator who got so sick of people slating their new releases because it sounded different or because they used different instruments that they actually released a single called I Like Your Old Stuff Better Than Your New Stuff.

Some of U2's older stuff is ok but their more recent stuff is utter gash.

They haven't produced brilliant album after album though, that's the point. They dropped off in a big way after OK Computer when they stopped writing songs and started releasing sounds.

It has to be a very specific mood for me to tune into a Radiohead album tbh.

OK Computer is the best of the bunch imo though

Every band has moments which they would rather forget, and I feel 'Amnesiac' is Radioheads.

:D

Anyway, I rate the first 3 albums, especially the Bends and OK Computer. I can't get into the rest of their stuff, and personally think Kid A is pretty awful to listen to (got it on now just to check - still don't like it). A good band, an influential band, but not the best act of the last 15 years. Nowhere near in fact.

Agreed on the first 3 albums. Bits and pieces of their stuff after OK Computer is decent, but for the most part it's fairly unlistenable.

Can't believe I wrote that a year ago. Still agree with myself though.

They haven't produced brilliant album after album though, that's the point. They dropped off in a big way after OK Computer when they stopped writing songs and started releasing sounds.

Sorry Scot but when the last gig you went to was erasure that automatically excluded you from any and all worthwhile criticing of radiohead.

Sorry Scot but when the last gig you went to was erasure that automatically excluded you from any and all worthwhile criticing of radiohead.

Yeah, but you're an Ozzie aren't you?

Yeah, but you're an Ozzie aren't you?

No, I've never had anything to do with Black Sabbath or reality television.

Radiohead are probably the best band on the planet tbh.

Kid A and The Bends are two of my favourite ever album with Street Spirit and How To Disapear Completely being two of the most beautiful songs ever.

I like all of their albums (and Yorke's solo album) but I do think OK Computer is one of the most overrated albums ever. It's very good but I don't think it's a patch on the two albums they released either side of it (probably because it's something of a half way point between the two sounds). HTTT is still growing on me now and I think it will probably overtake OK as my third favourite.

Give your head a shake. Hail to the Thief is a brilliant album, up there with OK Computer.

I like all the albums a lot like,

in order of preference...

The Bends

Ok Computer

Kid A

Hail To The Thief

Amnesiac

and im not fussed for pablo honey...

I have The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A and hope to expand the collection some time soon. Still a fantastic band, but possibly a bit pretentious at times. OK Computer definitely my favourite out of those three.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...