Radiohead

Hatful Of Hollow

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not overly keen on Kid A and Amnesiac, but when Hail to the Thief came out, it was like, "Oh, so that's what they were trying to do."

Thom Yorke's album 'The Eraser' is even better.

I'll check that out today methinks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Not long now till I see them. :rolleyes:

Aye, can't wait. :nufc:

Booked my train tickets the other day, £8 return to London. Get in.

That's canny that like. I'm going to see them at Old Trafford. Probably rain like.

That's canny that like. I'm going to see them at Old Trafford. Probably rain like.

Hope its nice weather like, its in Victoria Park in London so a nice sunny day will be marvellous.

Wonder who's supporting, you heard anything?

Manchester=rainiest place in Britain

Old Trafford Cricket Ground=rainiest place in Manchester

I'd say so like, aye!

Manchester=rainiest place in Britain

Old Trafford Cricket Ground=rainiest place in Manchester

I'd say so like, aye!

I think the old addage about Old Trafford is that if you can't see the Pennines from the ground, it's raining, and if you can see them, then it's about to rain.

Hope its nice weather like, its in Victoria Park in London so a nice sunny day will be marvellous.

Wonder who's supporting, you heard anything?

looks like...

Bat For Lashes = Wank

MGMT = Quality

http://www.last.fm/event/435699

Someone on there also mentions grizzly bear, but I wouldn't listen to them.

amnesiac is the only radiohead album i consistently enjoy and it has their best tune (pyramid song duh).

that being said, it'd probably just make my Top 200 albums.

also.

Nigel Goedrich is an awful producer.

Now that I think about it, Radiohead playing in the rain in 1997 (I think) is regarded as one of the all time great Glastonbury performances, so if it does rain they should hopefully raise their game!

I might be travelling in Italy this summer, I see they're playing Milan on the 17th and 18th of June...sold out but there will always be touts around...hmmm.

Where is it in the old metacritic now Nappyface...eh? :nufc:

Like 2001 and TGTBATU, the masses will come around to it's genius in the long run.

Finished 3rd in the best of 2007.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Radiohead's decision to offer their latest album on a pay-what-you-like basis online "to some extent backfired", U2's manager has said.

The majority of fans who downloaded In Rainbows ignored the band's website and acquired it illegally by other means, Paul McGuinness told BBC 6 Music.

"Sixty to 70% of the people who downloaded the record stole it anyway, even though it was available for free."

U2's next album - due this year - would not follow the same approach, he added.

The exact release date was "not clear yet but I would think towards the end of October", Mr McGuinness said.

"We will obviously work with whatever technology is available to make the release of the new record as interesting as possible," he added.

"[but] for U2, physical sales are still an enormous part of our business and we still sell a lot of actual CDs."

The 10 MP3 files for In Rainbows were placed online in October, with fans invited to pay what they thought they were worth, from nothing - plus a small handling fee - to £100.

However internet monitoring company Comscore found only 38% of downloaders willingly paid, while the others who accessed Radiohead's website gave nothing.

The album went straight to number one in the UK and US when it became available on CD in January.

Radiohead's representatives were unavailable for comment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7445777.stm

He's right like, I for one couldn't be arsed waiting to get on their site under all that traffic.

Edited by Happy Face