Amir Khan

catmag

Anyone going to be watching the fight tonight against Laszlo Komjathi? Looks like it'll be the first serious test for Khan and it'll be interesting to see how he does as this will be a much more competitive fight for him. I think he's (Khan) a talent and a nice lad, and would like to see him go far. ITV at half 10 if anyone's interested.

Edited by catmag

Managed to catch the Khan fight after debating whether to watch it or not, a cocky son of a bitch i must say, but he needs to fight some decent people for a change to prove he can back his words up, as this bloke was nothing more than another journeyman and he got too carried away and his defence certainly looked very shaky tonight

The Barrera Vs Juarez fight on SKY was far better, 12 great rounds of toe-toe boxing.

Shame the judges ballsed up the decision !

A while back, the Observer Food section had a feature on Amir Khan and his diet. It consisted of a full English breakfast, a curry and a kebab every day!

139026[/snapback]

Looks like thats the official Naseem Hamed diet too !

_41507170_naseem203.jpg

Khan reminds me of when 'Naz' came onto the scene. Cocky and arrogant.

It will be his downfall, just like it was to Naz.

How did Barrera end up?

139032[/snapback]

He really needs to make sure he avoids that. Hamed always came across as a complete prick and pain in the arse and i was happy when he was finally put on his arse and ended up finishin with boxing.

Khan needs to make sure he keeps his feet on the ground and has an attitude like Ricky Hatton, not Hamed. As whilst i don't know much about boxing i'm pretty sure Khan hasn't beaten anyone that worthwhile yet so he has no call to be thinking much of himself yet.

Khan reminds me of when 'Naz' came onto the scene. Cocky and arrogant.

It will be his downfall, just like it was to Naz.

How did Barrera end up?

139032[/snapback]

Bloody close fight, was declared a draw which was just about the right decision, but they had a recount of the scoring an hour or two later and noticed that the scoring had been added up wrong and Barrera had won on a split decision.

Barrea looked a tired fighter at the end, time he quit.

Just been watching the replay on Sky Sports.

Barrera was getting outboxed all the way for me, so how they came to a draw and then a win for Barrera is very dubious, IMO.

Didnt Barrera end up with 2 cut eyes and a broken nose and the other guy hardly have a mark on his face?

Just been watching the replay on Sky Sports.

Barrera was getting outboxed all the way for me, so how they came to a draw and then a win for Barrera is very dubious, IMO.

Didnt Barrera end up with 2 cut eyes and a broken nose and the other guy hardly have a mark on his face?

139039[/snapback]

Thats the problem with scoring fights in the US, they go very heavily on agression, and often this causes shite decisions, eg Lewis Vs Holyfield I, a shocking decision but the fighter showing the agression got the sympathy of the judges.