"I would punch Barnwell on the nose"

Bombadil

It's an expression FFS. Only a bunch of simpletons  wouldget their knickers in a twist over this. Or those with a continuing agenda who want to pick on the littlest thing and make a mountain out of....well, nothing.

138990[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an expression FFS. Only a bunch of simpletons  wouldget their knickers in a twist over this. Or those with a continuing agenda who want to pick on the littlest thing and make a mountain out of....well, nothing.

138990[/snapback]

Finally, someone else with a bit of common sense and no agenda ....

138990[/snapback]

Finally, someone else with a bit of common sense and no agenda ....

139015[/snapback]

coffees are on you tomorrow then :icon_lol:

If someone punches Barnwells nose he deserves it for his attitude to a man who nearly died.

138961[/snapback]

How long is it since Roeder nearly died?

It was a terrible thing to happen and amazing of the bloke to make a comeback like he has however I reckon the LMAs problem with it is the fact Roeder decided he didnt want the stresses of management anymore thats why he didnt finish the course.

Hes had more than enough time to finish it but no he was happy as a youth coach and doing a damn fine job of it too. Now he decides he wants to get back into management and suddenly he doesnt need the same qualification as others do?

Im not having a go at Glenn but frankly I can see what the LMA have to be pissed off about. The argument you are giving LM though reeks of positive discrimination, something which Im sure you've been a fervent protestor against in the past.

If someone punches Barnwells nose he deserves it for his attitude to a man who nearly died.

138961[/snapback]

How long is it since Roeder nearly died?

It was a terrible thing to happen and amazing of the bloke to make a comeback like he has however I reckon the LMAs problem with it is the fact Roeder decided he didnt want the stresses of management anymore thats why he didnt finish the course.

Hes had more than enough time to finish it but no he was happy as a youth coach and doing a damn fine job of it too. Now he decides he wants to get back into management and suddenly he doesnt need the same qualification as others do?

Im not having a go at Glenn but frankly I can see what the LMA have to be pissed off about. The argument you are giving LM though reeks of positive discrimination, something which Im sure you've been a fervent protestor against in the past.

139021[/snapback]

He didn't finish the course because of his life threatening illness. This course doesn't have a pass or fail, you just have to do it. Despite having no pass or fail, the LMA say it is to "raise standards". How, therefore does it raise standards if there is no standard ? If the LMA want this course to have some credibility, they should start by making it a pass or fail and imposing a standard. His comments about "butchers and bakers" getting management jobs without it are ironic, when he himself is running an organisation that has introduced a football management course that a butcher and a baker could pass because there is no standard. What a wanker.

It is simply a money making exercise to feed the egos [and wallets] of an association, or a union as Barnwell pompously calls it, and so give them power. The simple fact is they are pissed off with Roeder getting this job, because it has made them look toothless, and eroded they "power" they thought they had.

Add to the fact that Roeder is one of their members, and had a life threatening illness, they should be helping him to get his life back on track, not hindering him. I simply cannot think of any better case where a bit of compassion and dispensation would be more appropriate. Can you ?

Why did he not do it again ? Simply because, as he has told everyone honestly, that he didn't expect to become a manager again and was happy running the kids, until he got an unexpected opportunity. How can you be fairer than that ?

The LMA have treated him like shite, I think he has every right to be furious with them, and Shepherd too by defending his manager is totally correct. Now, these comments, I don;t know if they are tongue in cheek and just an expression, I suspect they are, in exactly the same way we on here say things in jest [well I do!] but you don't take them seriously, and I can't believe an off the cuff comment by Shepherd can be taken so seriously by people. If on the other hand he meant it, well I agree with him anyway, and I hope he or someone does smack him in the gob because he deserves it. He's a disgrace, and if I were a fellow manager I would now be trying to get rid of him.

These remarks that Freddie keeps making, people should learn not to take them seriously mate, honestly they are nothing, they mean nothing, they have zero impact on the running of the club, and are irrelevant to the only thing that matters, which is the team winning football games.

Edited by LeazesMag

He didn't finish the course because of his life threatening illness. This course doesn't have a pass or fail, you just have to do it. Despite having no pass or fail, the LMA say it is to "raise standards". How, therefore does it raise standards if there is no standard ? If the LMA want this course to have some credibility, they should start by making it a pass or fail and imposing a standard. His comments about "butchers and bakers" getting management jobs without it are ironic, when he himself is running an organisation that has introduced a football management course that a butcher and a baker could pass because there is no standard. What a wanker.

It is simply a money making exercise to feed the egos [and wallets] of an association, or a union as Barnwell pompously calls it, and so give them power. The simple fact is they are pissed off with Roeder getting this job, because it has made them look toothless, and eroded they "power" they thought they had.

Add to the fact that Roeder is one of their members, and had a life threatening illness, they should be helping him to get his life back on track, not hindering him. I simply cannot think of any better case where a bit of compassion and dispensation would be more appropriate. Can you ?

Why did he not do it again ? Simply because, as he has told everyone honestly, that he didn't expect to become a manager again and was happy running the kids, until he got an unexpected opportunity. How can you be fairer than that ?

As i've said before its quite obvious how sad and bitter they have become at the fact their pointless little organisation has been put firmly in its place when the chairmen of the premiership decided they knew better. As Leazes said its there for the egos and pomposity of the pricks in charge of the LMA and as soon as it became clear there was a good chance Roeder and NUFC were goign to be able to get round their petty little rules, they have been bitter and twisted and thrown a tantrum.

The course itself and the fact you are required to have it is one of the biggest jokes in football. You can't make people have to have a "qualification" which as we all know requires nothing other than going often enough and which is little more than an attempt to get money from managers. It doesn't even have much if anything to do with actual coaching of football, fitness and tactics or anything like that.

Essentially the bit of paper for this course means nothing more than being able to say you're as qualified as Graeme Souness or Howard Wlkinson, that being the case i'd rather not have it!

As Leazes said any moron could "pass" the course, it requires only one thing, that you can afford it. So in fact it technically discriminates on a finacial basis which is yet another thing wrong with it.

Another thing the LMA liked to keep ignoring is the fact Roeder has stated he will complete it and will even pay to rejoin the LMA despite them treating him worse than shite.

So we have a man who has managed in the premiership, who was workign at a prem club as a coach, who had shown since taking over he was moe compitent than a man with the liscence and who is willign to finish their stupid course when he can. And they act as if Roeder has killed their family or something, they're a bunch of petty litlle men and whilst Shepherd doesn't need to keep coming out and saying stuff, his sentiment is correct.

i'd like to punch shepherd on the nose.

why?

because he's a fat twat and an embarrasment.

139052[/snapback]

But would you really like to punch him, or is it just an expression? :icon_lol:

139055[/snapback]

The answer to that makes no difference to the running of the forum...

Sponsorship is a major part of the "business" these days and any bad publicity is ultimately bad for Newcastle in their future negotiations of any such deals etc

138974[/snapback]

Exactly.

Shepherd and his cronies continue to embarrass the club with their ridiculous remarks and they continue to attract bad publicity. Leazes, if you seriously think that this doesn't have any effect on the reputation of the club, you're deluded.

Whether we like him or not, Shepherd is unfortunately the figurehead at our club and therefore representative of us. I hate the fact that he can't keep his fat gob shut and just get on with his job and running the club. There are very few chairmen of clubs in the PL who are household names because they keep their heads down and get on with what they are paid ridiculous amounts of money to do. Unfortunately Freddie loves to parade himself to the media and have his say and 9 out of 10 times he looks like a cock when he does so. The man has no concept of keeping a dignified silence and that's what pisses me off.

Sponsorship is a major part of the "business" these days and any bad publicity is ultimately bad for Newcastle in their future negotiations of any such deals etc

138974[/snapback]

Exactly.

Shepherd and his cronies continue to embarrass the club with their ridiculous remarks and they continue to attract bad publicity. Leazes, if you seriously think that this doesn't have any effect on the reputation of the club, you're deluded.

139062[/snapback]

Has it effected the sponsorship, season ticket sales and merchandising selling ?

No.

Simple fact is, these boards are only a few hundred people among thousands. The majority of supporters won't give a shite. If you are right, the sale of these things ago will reflect it.

i'd like to punch shepherd on the nose.

why?

because he's a fat twat and an embarrasment.

139052[/snapback]

Poor thing. Such sensitive people. Who would you replace him with that would guarantee us to catch the only 2 clubs we haven't caught up with since the Halls and Shepherd took over the club ?

Guest Sima

Fact of the matter is the rules have been bent now and I think it's irrelevant that Roeder nearly died. Barnwell has to, as head of the LMA, look to uphold these rules as best he can as there are plenty of managers out of work with this qualification who would be annoyed that one of the top 10 football manager jobs in the country has went to an unqualified coach.

Just because Fred and Anal (both) look for the sympathy vote doesn't mean the rules should automatically be bent.

Fact of the matter is the rules have been bent now and I think it's irrelevant that Roeder nearly died.  Barnwell has to, as head of the LMA, look to uphold these rules as best he can as there are plenty of managers out of work with this qualification who would be annoyed that one of the top 10 football manager jobs in the country has went to an unqualified coach.

Just because Fred and Anal (both) look for the sympathy vote doesn't mean the rules should automatically be bent.

139081[/snapback]

Until its an actual qualification that requires some level of learning and ability to pass an actual test or tests at the end of the course to show you have gained knowledge, skills and experience that will genuinely make you a better football coach then people will quute rightly continue to point out its a pointless "qualification" that bears no reflection on how good or bad a manager is and you will getarguments like this one.

And football management isn't life or death heart surgery, if a club wants to employ a man who (shock horror) doesn't have a bit of paper that says he sat on his arse at enough hours of lectures to please the LMA it should remain their choice to emply him regardless. Whereas if i was having an operation i would require that the surgeon had indeed passed the relevent exams, of course he would actually have to pass them and not just go to enough lectures to get the certificate.

Guest Sima

While it isn't life or death, a top level football manager deals with multi-million pound assets on a daily basis. The argument is that the qualification was set up to ensure top level managers knew all about diets, training regimes, etc.

By knowing about these, the theory is that said multi-million pound assets don't get trained incorrectly and risk injury. Of course, the counter of the theory is fuckwit Souness and his bollocks training methods.

While it isn't life or death, a top level football manager deals with multi-million pound assets on a daily basis.  The argument is that the qualification was set up to ensure top level managers knew all about diets, training regimes, etc.

By knowing about these, the theory is that said multi-million pound assets don't get trained incorrectly and risk injury.  Of course, the counter of the theory is fuckwit Souness and his bollocks training methods.

139089[/snapback]

Indeed! I'm not against a geunine qualification, one that shows they've come out the end of the course having learned and been able to apply what they've learned by being tested.

Then i would say all clubs have the right to know which managers have and haven't attended this geuinely useful and vigorously tested qualification, but are free of their own will to chosse a boss who has it or hasn't as they see fit.

Fact of the matter is the rules have been bent now and I think it's irrelevant that Roeder nearly died.  Barnwell has to, as head of the LMA, look to uphold these rules as best he can as there are plenty of managers out of work with this qualification who would be annoyed that one of the top 10 football manager jobs in the country has went to an unqualified coach.

139081[/snapback]

Until its an actual qualification that requires some level of learning and ability to pass an actual test or tests at the end of the course to show you have gained knowledge, skills and experience that will genuinely make you a better football coach then people will quute rightly continue to point out its a pointless "qualification" that bears no reflection on how good or bad a manager is and you will getarguments like this one.

And football management isn't life or death heart surgery, if a club wants to employ a man who (shock horror) doesn't have a bit of paper that says he sat on his arse at enough hours of lectures to please the LMA it should remain their choice to emply him regardless. Whereas if i was having an operation i would require that the surgeon had indeed passed the relevent exams, of course he would actually have to pass them and not just go to enough lectures to get the certificate.

139087[/snapback]

Aside of the actual comments on the case in question, like above, I can't believe such harmless comments have attracted such a furore, both on here and on NO.

Lots of sensitive souls around. You'd think he'd killed somebody or something.

Roll on next season and any good signings we make this summer, courtesy of the club being well run of course.

While it isn't life or death, a top level football manager deals with multi-million pound assets on a daily basis.  The argument is that the qualification was set up to ensure top level managers knew all about diets, training regimes, etc.

By knowing about these, the theory is that said multi-million pound assets don't get trained incorrectly and risk injury.  Of course, the counter of the theory is fuckwit Souness and his bollocks training methods.

139089[/snapback]

Yep Sima, the course does have a point . But as it stands, it doesn;t have a standard, you can fall asleep and ignore everything, yet still get the certificate. As PL pointed out, and yourself, Roeder didn't have it and was more competent than Souness.

Souness hasn't got the qualification either, for the record.

No-one's saying it's akin to killing someone, LM, so I'd stop with the hyperbole if you wish to make your argument have any credence.

What it does is make Newcastle United look like a laughing stock and I don't know how you can defend that, though somehow you've managed it on the basis that "it doesn't matter" just like 'seven bells', just like 'dogs', 'Mary Poppins' and 'mugs', just like 'top 10 jobs in world football', just like practically everything he says.

As I said on N-O, when Spurs had an issue with an official ruling a fortnight ago (yes their argument was bollocks but that's irrelevant) they wrote a letter explaining their concerns. They didn't send Levy to the newspapers threatening to beat up the chairman of the Premier League. Everyone would have laughed at them if they did, just like they will laugh at us.

Souness hasn't got the qualification either, for the record.

No-one's saying it's akin to killing someone, LM, so I'd stop with the hyperbole if you wish to make your argument have any credence.

What it does is make Newcastle United look like a laughing stock and I don't know how you can defend that, though somehow you've managed it on the basis that "it doesn't matter" just like 'seven bells', just like 'dogs', 'Mary Poppins' and 'mugs', just like 'top 10 jobs in world football', just like practically everything he says.

As I said on N-O, when Spurs had an issue with an official ruling a fortnight ago (yes their argument was bollocks but that's irrelevant) they wrote a letter explaining their concerns. They didn't send Levy to the newspapers threatening to beat up the chairman of the Premier League. Everyone would have laughed at them if they did, just like they will laugh at us.

139095[/snapback]

I don't agree, I think the board are doing a good job which is all that matters, hamrless remarks are nothing, and I think if anything those booing at the testimonial made all the supporters a laughing stock. And I think you are fuckin clueless.

Edited by LeazesMag

138974[/snapback]

Exactly.

139062[/snapback]

Has it effected the sponsorship, season ticket sales and merchandising selling ?

No.

Simple fact is, these boards are only a few hundred people among thousands. The majority of supporters won't give a shite. If you are right, the sale of these things ago will reflect it.

139077[/snapback]

Has it affected season ticket sales and merchandising sales? No, it hasn't and it probably won't.

Has it affected the sponsorship? If Shepherd continues to make a fool of himself on a regular basis, it will affect the club's reputation (it already has) and consequently it is likely to affect any future sponsorship deals as well.

Has it affected the club's reputation in general? Yes, it has. Shepherd is a laughing stock and a liability and is damaging the club because of his complete inability to keep his fat gob shut.