"I would punch Barnwell on the nose"

Bombadil

Whether you agree with him or not, I would say Wullie is a thoughtful intelligent poster.

Trouble is Leazes, you think anyone who disagrees with you is clueless. Debating with you is becoming increasingly pointless.

139245[/snapback]

Whole-heartedly agree with everything you say there, apart from the bit in bold. Leazes has been a simpleton, not worth arguing with as long as I've been reading the forums, why do people persist? Genuine question, like.

139255[/snapback]

Boredom? :rolleyes:;)

139259[/snapback]

Odd. But I think debating anything with Renton is becoming increasingly pointless.

Odd too DB, I think you're a simpleton too, especially with your naive do gooder head on.

139262[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

You like your mindless insults like . Serious question Leazes - are you Freddy Shepherd?

139266[/snapback]

Really. Would you mind reminding us of the pathetic jibe you made at HTL again ?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to punch shepherd on the nose.

why?

because he's a fat twat and an embarrasment.

139052[/snapback]

Poor thing. Such sensitive people. Who would you replace him with that would guarantee us to catch the only 2 clubs we haven't caught up with since the Halls and Shepherd took over the club ?

139079[/snapback]

change the record for fucks sake

139227[/snapback]

change the record for fucks sake.

If you attempted to answer the question instead of avoiding it...that is if you understand it in the first place with it being too subtle for you I think

139240[/snapback]

what's the point? we've had this conversation at least ten times before

139241[/snapback]

but you still don't reply, why not ? Why don't you reply or change your record ?

Why do you think the club is shit then expect them to buy top players ? Why does it not occur to you only the best clubs buy top quality players ? Would you like to see the club replace Shepherd with a shit chairman with no ambition like ALL the other big city clubs that we have got ourselves above and stayed above in the last decade that were previously above us for decades ? Yes or no.

Believe me. THAT is 10 times more embarrassing and damn frustrating than someone coming out and saying daft harmless off the cuff comments in the press.

139257[/snapback]

er... i have. but just in case you missed it the last ten times:

shepherd is a tit.

i commend him for backing his managers financially but by the same rationale he deserves criticism when he continues to make such absurd statements.

his lack of professionalism for a premier league chairman is baffling and frankly the fact that you choose to defend it is even more baffling.

139269[/snapback]

5th best in the country over a decade, qualifiying for europe 7 times, reaching 2 FA Cup Finals and buying England players is not unprofessional. It is professional where it matters. Would you prefer a chairman who was a gentleman who didn't back his managers and ran a shit club like the mackems, or us ourselves for decades just like them ? Why don't you answer ? Are you dumb, or just ignorant ?

These people who keep harping on about the chairman, why don't they change their record ?

And did you boo at the testimonial ? Do you think it was alright ? Because if you did, you have embarrassed the clubs supporters as much if not more than anyone, little but do you realise it through not really understanding what a shit board and chairman would really do to the club.

Whether you agree with him or not, I would say Wullie is a thoughtful intelligent poster.

Trouble is Leazes, you think anyone who disagrees with you is clueless. Debating with you is becoming increasingly pointless.

139245[/snapback]

Whole-heartedly agree with everything you say there, apart from the bit in bold. Leazes has been a simpleton, not worth arguing with as long as I've been reading the forums, why do people persist? Genuine question, like.

139255[/snapback]

139259[/snapback]

Odd. But I think debating anything with Renton is becoming increasingly pointless.

Odd too DB, I think you're a simpleton too, especially with your naive do gooder head on.

139262[/snapback]

You like your mindless insults like . Serious question Leazes - are you Freddy Shepherd?

139266[/snapback]

Really. Would you mind reminding us of the pathetic jibe you made at HTL again ?

139376[/snapback]

What, when he called me a paedophile you mean?

Anyhow, that's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, it was resolved at the time with apologies from both sides and has fuck all to do with this thread. :lol:

139245[/snapback]

139255[/snapback]

139259[/snapback]

139262[/snapback]

139266[/snapback]

139376[/snapback]

Anyhow, that's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, it was resolved at the time with apologies from both sides and has fuck all to do with this thread. :lol:

139384[/snapback]

Entirely relevant when you start harping on about mindless insults and making them too.

why?

139052[/snapback]

Poor thing. Such sensitive people. Who would you replace him with that would guarantee us to catch the only 2 clubs we haven't caught up with since the Halls and Shepherd took over the club ?

139079[/snapback]

139227[/snapback]

If you attempted to answer the question instead of avoiding it...that is if you understand it in the first place with it being too subtle for you I think

139240[/snapback]

139241[/snapback]

but you still don't reply, why not ? Why don't you reply or change your record ?

Why do you think the club is shit then expect them to buy top players ? Why does it not occur to you only the best clubs buy top quality players ? Would you like to see the club replace Shepherd with a shit chairman with no ambition like ALL the other big city clubs that we have got ourselves above and stayed above in the last decade that were previously above us for decades ? Yes or no.

Believe me. THAT is 10 times more embarrassing and damn frustrating than someone coming out and saying daft harmless off the cuff comments in the press.

139257[/snapback]

shepherd is a tit.

i commend him for backing his managers financially but by the same rationale he deserves criticism when he continues to make such absurd statements.

his lack of professionalism for a premier league chairman is baffling and frankly the fact that you choose to defend it is even more baffling.

139269[/snapback]

5th best in the country over a decade, qualifiying for europe 7 times, reaching 2 FA Cup Finals and buying England players is not unprofessional. It is professional where it matters. Would you prefer a chairman who was a gentleman who didn't back his managers and ran a shit club like the mackems, or us ourselves for decades just like them ? Why don't you answer ? Are you dumb, or just ignorant ?

These people who keep harping on about the chairman, why don't they change their record ?

And did you boo at the testimonial ? Do you think it was alright ? Because if you did, you have embarrassed the clubs supporters as much if not more than anyone, little but do you realise it through not really understanding what a shit board and chairman would really do to the club.

139383[/snapback]

Leazes, instead of harping on with your stock responses, which have been answered dozens of times, why don't you stay on topic for a change. Is it acceptable for Shepherd to publically threaten a member of the LMA or not? Yes, or no? That is after all what this thread is about.

139245[/snapback]

139255[/snapback]

139259[/snapback]

139262[/snapback]

139266[/snapback]

139376[/snapback]

139384[/snapback]

Entirely relevant when you start harping on about mindless insults and making them too.

139386[/snapback]

FFS, I didn't make the insult, it was HTL, because I had incorrectly attributed something to him which he denies ever saying. Which was fair enough, but his calling me a paedophile wasn't.

139383[/snapback]

Shearer thought it was hilarious. If anyone had the right to be embarrassed it was him. Stop trying to deflect the issue Leazes. That incident, along with the chants aimed at Ant n Dec, arent an issue anywhere but with you and the minority of like minded (alter) egos. Shepherds gob is an issue to the majority for a reason. He's on object of ridicule nationally for a reason. This isnt opinion its the way it is. If you dont have a problem with it then thats fine , most do.

How typically ridiculous of you to offer the alternative to Shepherd as being the complete opposite. Why? Not one person has said Shepherd should resign for this, they're not mixing up the issue with his overall performance, which for some reason you keep doing. Why cant he just keep it shut. Its not a big ask, its not hard. I'd rather have the chairman that quietly went on with his job and backed his manager, is that unrealistic? That person could quite easilly be Shepherd

Edited by luckypierre

why?

139052[/snapback]

139079[/snapback]

139227[/snapback]

139240[/snapback]

139241[/snapback]

139257[/snapback]

shepherd is a tit.

139269[/snapback]

139383[/snapback]

as i've said to you many times before leazes, i appreciate the way shepherd backs his managers with money - for that he deserves credit.

likewise he deserves all the criticism he gets from the majority of toon fans when he continues to issue such cretinous public statements.

if i can answer your question directly (and for the umpteenth time), i would like a chairman that backs his managers with cash but also one that isn't a pr nightmare. shepherd's comments have helped turn our club into a national laughing stock. this is a fact. if you don't see it you are deluded.

ps - i wasn't at the testimonial. i probably wouldn't have booed, but i can understand why people did as it was a rare platform for those who are fed up with his moronic persona to let the fat man know how they feel about him.

If we're going to open the wider debate, how can his obsession with all things "geordie" possibly be anything other than a hindrance, at best? And does Leazes really believe him gloating over ripping off fans did not affect merchandise? Or how about the fact that he takes proportionately more out the club than any other chairman, regardless of results? What about his pitiful comments regarding lower league teams? The list goes on and on, and is added to weekly by Shepherd himself.

And for the record, how well have we really performed on the pitch since Shepherd took over from Hall, after having inherited an excellent position? A couple of finals where we were hopelessly outclassed, and two goes at the Champions league. Not bad you might think, until you consider what our nearest rivals (in terms of wealth) have achieved in the mean time. And then consider how we have fared against these clubs in head to head matches - our record is simply apalling, with no wins at Anfield, Old Trafford, or Stamford Bridge (and only one at Highbury).

I know Leazes loves to remind us of how bad we used to be, but he seems to be the only person unable to grasp that football has moved on since then. And then of course, he'll resort to calling you a JCL or a divine righter if you dare challenge him, or simply call you clueless. As I said earlier in this thread, we had the chance 10 years ago to really break through into the elite. Fact is under Shepherd we have blown it, and the man at the top must take the blame.

139383[/snapback]

Shearer thought it was hilarious. If anyone had the right to be embarrassed it was him. Stop trying to deflect the issue Leazes. That incident, along with the chants aimed at Ant n Dec, arent an issue anywhere but with you and the minority of like minded (alter) egos. Shepherds gob is an issue to the majority for a reason. He's on object of ridicule nationally for a reason. This isnt opinion its the way it is. If you dont have a problem with it then thats fine , most do.

How typically ridiculous of you to offer the alternative to Shepherd as being the complete opposite. Why? Not one person has said Shepherd should resign for this, they're not mixing up the issue with his overall performance, which for some reason you keep doing. Why cant he just keep it shut. Its not a big ask, its not hard. I'd rather have the chairman that quietly went on with his job and backed his manager, is that unrealistic? That person could quite easilly be Shepherd

139391[/snapback]

You seem to forget Shearer is a Newcastle supporter like me and you. And he knows Shepherd. So if he thinks he's a good chairman and isn't bothered about his Mary Poppins stuff and other things such as his comments this week, why shouldn't you not take the same attitude. Does Shearer realise these comments are irrelevant ? He would know better than me and you, rather than people who can't see the daft off the cuff humour in them and are getting their knickers in a twist instead.

I am not posting the opposite of Shepherd at all. Why do you assume that any replacement would be better ? And - again - as only 4 clubs are better than us in the last decade, there is not much room for error and I am stating the very real possibility that we could go downwards instead. I understand some of you think this isn't possible, because you have no idea of a really shit board and chairman, but we could.

And - some of you DO want him to resign. Stop saying you don't, because some people do. And if we replace him with the likes of one of the numerous chairman of the clubs that we are now better than, that I have named, you are in for a shock.

Finally. The club was a laughing stock for years, decades, for being shit and having a half filled ground and selling our best players. Like the way you laugh at the mackems, understand ? Having a chairman who makes an odd daft comment is massively prefereable. The vast majority of other clubs would swap our last decade for theirs. Fact.

You will have to take him as he is, or get rid. Get used to it. If you want him out, stop going and force the change. But I suspect you won't do that, and the reason you won't is the board has gave you something worth watching.

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest alex

To be honest I doubt anyone is too arsed about the "Mary Poppins" comment. It was pretty harmless and inoffensive. It was the other aspects of the NOTW expose that pissed off supporters far more.

To be honest I doubt anyone is too arsed about the "Mary Poppins" comment. It was pretty harmless and inoffensive. It was the other aspects of the NOTW expose that pissed off supporters far more.

139424[/snapback]

Hadaway and shite Alex :icon_lol: There are people still harping on about it now .......

139424[/snapback]

I thought it was a kind of compliment. The damaging comment for me was the one about the shirts.

139424[/snapback]

Hadaway and shite Alex :icon_lol: There are people still harping on about it now .......

139425[/snapback]

Who?

Guest alex

139424[/snapback]

139425[/snapback]

You brought it up. Funnily enough ignoring the other details of the sting ;)

You seem to forget Shearer is a Newcastle supporter like me and you. And he knows Shepherd. So if he thinks he's a good chairman and isn't bothered about his Mary Poppins stuff and other things such as his comments this week, why shouldn't not take the same attitude. Does Shearer know these comments are irrelevant ? He would know better than me and you, rather than people who can't see the daft off the cuff humour in them and are getting their knickers in a twist instead.

Do you know he isnt bothered by them? I dont. I know he wasnt bothered about the booing because I saw it with my own eyes. How do you know that when he read the paper with these quotes in he didnt think "FFS Fred not again, keep the gob shut". I personally dont think he'd be bothered about being called Mary Poppins but he might have had a problem with some of the other stuff. I dont know him personally so I cant answer.

I am not posting the opposite of Shepherd at all. Why do you assume that any replacement would be better ? And - again - as only 4 clubs are better than us in the last decade, there is not much room for error and I am stating the very real possibility that we could go downwards instead. I understand some of think this isn't possible, because you have no idea of a really shit board and chairman, but we could.

in the context of this you sum Fred up as being eccentric (big gob) but he backs his managers, you offer the alternative choice for chairman as being quiet but doesnt back his manager, that looks pretty frickin oppsoite to me :icon_lol:

easy question for you would you rather have

A) fred exactly as he is now

B) fred exactly as he is now but he doesnt make any public opinionated statements. Maybe if he modelled himself on say Arsenals chairman

I know a new chairman could be worse, but he could also be better, theres no guarantees, but then Im not advocating a new chairman, I just want fred to shut up. Which is exactly, and plainly, what I said in my post.

And - some of you DO want him to resign. Stop saying you don't, because some people do. And if we replace him with the likes of one of the numerous chairman of the clubs that we are now better than, that I have named, you are in for a shock.

DO I want him to resign because of his OVERALL performance? Not sure tbh. Maybe some do. You've also got to realise to that if he were to resign as chairman he would still be a member of the board (until he chose otherwise) and the strategy of the club wouldnt nescessarilly change at all, in all liklehood it wouldnt unless someone bought Hall & Shepherd out. The only change would/could be the public figurehead of NUFC. Ive advocted many a time someone else in a DOF/CE role, mainly to act as a buffer between Fred and ..well..everything

Edited by luckypierre

Shepherd is never going to resign, he loves the attention the job gives him too much. Not only that, but when he does finally step down (I imagine due to health problems), it is most likely that his son will take over, because NUFC is a nepotistic club, as any casual glance at the list of board members will clarify. Personally, I'd love it if someone was to buy him out, and we completely revamped the board, perhaps putting a person with a grasp of football in as chief executive. Can't see it happening though.

Shepherd is never going to resign, he loves the attention the job gives him too much. Not only that, but when he does finally step down (I imagine due to health problems), it is most likely that his son will take over, because NUFC is a nepotistic club, as any casual glance at the list of board members will clarify. Personally, I'd love it if someone was to buy him out, and we completely revamped the board, perhaps putting a person with a grasp of football in as chief executive. Can't see it happening though.

139436[/snapback]

herein lies the problem. fred seems to see himself as a bit of a celebrity, a director of football even.

B) fred exactly as he is now but he doesnt make any public opinionated statements. Maybe if he modelled himself on say Arsenals chairman

I know a new chairman could be worse, but he could also be better, theres no guarantees, but then Im not advocating a new chairman, I just want fred to shut up. Which is exactly, and plainly, what I said in my post.

Don't think it could be put much more plainly as that. This thread is about the fat boy (not me) opening his mush too much, not necessarily about his overall performance as a chairman over the last 10 years...

Don't think it could be put much more plainly as that. This thread is about the fat boy (not me) opening his mush too much, not necessarily about his overall performance as a chairman over the last 10 years...

139442[/snapback]

try telling that to leazes

You seem to forget Shearer is a Newcastle supporter like me and you. And he knows Shepherd. So if he thinks he's a good chairman and isn't bothered about his Mary Poppins stuff and other things such as his comments this week, why shouldn't not take the same attitude. Does Shearer know these comments are irrelevant ? He would know better than me and you, rather than people who can't see the daft off the cuff humour in them and are getting their knickers in a twist instead.

Do you know he isnt bothered by them? I dont. I know he wasnt bothered about the booing because I saw it with my own eyes. How do you know that when he read the paper with these quotes in he didnt think "FFS Fred not again, keep the gob shut". I personally dont think he'd be bothered about being called Mary Poppins but he might have had a problem with some of the other stuff. I dont know him personally so I cant answer.

I am not posting the opposite of Shepherd at all. Why do you assume that any replacement would be better ? And - again - as only 4 clubs are better than us in the last decade, there is not much room for error and I am stating the very real possibility that we could go downwards instead. I understand some of think this isn't possible, because you have no idea of a really shit board and chairman, but we could.

in the context of this you sum Fred up as being eccentric (big gob) but he backs his managers, you offer the alternative choice for chairman as being quiet but doesnt back his manager, that looks pretty frickin oppsoite to me :icon_lol:

DO I want him to resign because of his OVERALL performance? Not sure tbh. Maybe some do. You've also got to realise to that if he were to resign as chairman he would still be a member of the board (until he chose otherwise) and the strategy of the club wouldnt nescessarilly change at all, in all liklehood it wouldnt unless someone bought Hall & Shepherd out. The only change would/could be the public figurehead of NUFC. Ive advocted many a time someone else in a DOF/CE role, mainly to act as a buffer between Fred and ..well..everything

139433[/snapback]

Fairly good response, some canny points. I'll take them in paragraph order but not quote them because it will be easier to read.

I would think Shearer and Shepherd must get on and have a mutual respect for each other, based on the presumptions among most of us that it appears Shearer is earmarked for a future job on the managerial and coaching side of things. The ambassador role being the first step. Whether you think this is a good thing or not, its up to the individual.

The choices you state are obviously fair comment. But everybody wants the perfect chairman. We are no different. I'm only saying that if thats the way he is, you aren't going to change him. Look, I've also said it would be better if he didn't say these daft things, but he just does, you are going to accept its the way he is. Plenty of clubs have managers and chairman who say or do daft things. You will HAVE to replace him if you want different. So all I do is point out the realistic alternatives. We ALL know what we want in an ideal world. Do you think I am any different ?

I know he would still be a major shareholder. This is something else that is forgotten....why does Shepherd get the blame for the club policy or choosing of Souness, when Hall Jnr is the major shareholder ? The old directors eg Westwood, McKeag ruled the club like a piece of shite for years, nobody could get rid of them. Do you know what did in the end??? The club was run down so badly, the bank manager asked them to chip in 16 grand of their own money to help keep the club running. They resigned instead. Fans of other clubs took the piss out of us, like the mackems now, for years, we demonstrated against them - deservedly - and couldn't get rid of them. Then the manager of Barclays bank came along and in the end the hopes of every supporter of Newcastle were held in his hands. He did in 5 minutes what we had wanted for decades.

This is the ONLY way people are going to get rid of Shepherd. And I for one, expect the club to be ambitious and keep attempting to win trophies - and one day the first one will come, hopefully the first of many. So I can say I am happy with that ambition, and as a result, he is going nowhere.

This is the ONLY way people are going to get rid of Shepherd. And I for one, expect the club to be ambitious and keep attempting to win trophies - and one day the first one will come, hopefully the first of many. So I can say I am happy with that ambition, and as a result, he is going nowhere.

139446[/snapback]

And neither are we. I do understand where you're coming from Leazes, but in my opinion, Shepherd just doesn't have the skills to achieve our goals. Ambition can only take you so far. I also think the setup of Newcastle is corrupt to the core. You mention Douglas Hall, and I think he is an even bigger problem than Shepherd, but then again, the two of them are big mates.

As long as Shepherd continues with his geordie obsession and his reactionary appointments/dismissals, not to mention his terrible PR, it's hard to see how we can be successful like other clubs at the same financial level are. I know you disagree with this, but we'll see whose right in another 10 years or so I guess.

139446[/snapback]

And neither are we. I do understand where you're coming from Leazes, but in my opinion, Shepherd just doesn't have the skills to achieve our goals. Ambition can only take you so far. I also think the setup of Newcastle is corrupt to the core. You mention Douglas Hall, and I think he is an even bigger problem than Shepherd, but then again, the two of them are big mates.

As long as Shepherd continues with his geordie obsession and his reactionary appointments/dismissals, not to mention his terrible PR, it's hard to see how we can be successful like other clubs at the same financial level are. I know you disagree with this, but we'll see whose right in another 10 years or so I guess.

139455[/snapback]

Well, if you are so convinced. Stop going. I don't agree though. I also however, don't agree that qualifying for europe is nowhere either, and neither does the rest of the 52,000

Edited by LeazesMag

If you don't like Shepherd stop going :icon_lol: Is that what you did under Souness like? ;) Best one yet.

139461[/snapback]

Good debate Alex ?