"I would punch Barnwell on the nose"

Bombadil

This is the ONLY way people are going to get rid of Shepherd. And I for one, expect the club to be ambitious and keep attempting to win trophies - and one day the first one will come, hopefully the first of many. So I can say I am happy with that ambition, and as a result, he is going nowhere.

139446[/snapback]

And neither are we. I do understand where you're coming from Leazes, but in my opinion, Shepherd just doesn't have the skills to achieve our goals. Ambition can only take you so far. I also think the setup of Newcastle is corrupt to the core. You mention Douglas Hall, and I think he is an even bigger problem than Shepherd, but then again, the two of them are big mates.

As long as Shepherd continues with his geordie obsession and his reactionary appointments/dismissals, not to mention his terrible PR, it's hard to see how we can be successful like other clubs at the same financial level are. I know you disagree with this, but we'll see whose right in another 10 years or so I guess.

139455[/snapback]

Well, if you are so convinced. Stop going. I don't agree though. I also however, don't agree that qualifying for europe is nowhere either, and neither does the rest of the 52,000

139460[/snapback]

What kind of response is that? :icon_lol:

On the one hand you imply I'm a JCL, on the other you tell me to give up going because I don't think we can win anything with Shepherd! Jesus wept.

My belief btw is that NUFC could literally be the biggest club in the country with the possible exception of Man United if it was managed properly at team and board level. I base this on the fact that we have a fanatical fanbase despite over 35 years without winning anything (which I appreciate doesn't seem important to you but I beg to differ). Who knows, maybe Shepherd will appoint the right man one day and we will be successful, but I think his options are ever decreasing (I think appointing Roeder is proof of this). My main hope though is for a takeover.

I'll leave it at that as obviously you can't discuss things rationally with anyone who disagrees with you, without resorting to the usual insults. Pathetic really.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the ONLY way people are going to get rid of Shepherd. And I for one, expect the club to be ambitious and keep attempting to win trophies - and one day the first one will come, hopefully the first of many. So I can say I am happy with that ambition, and as a result, he is going nowhere.

139446[/snapback]

And neither are we. I do understand where you're coming from Leazes, but in my opinion, Shepherd just doesn't have the skills to achieve our goals. Ambition can only take you so far. I also think the setup of Newcastle is corrupt to the core. You mention Douglas Hall, and I think he is an even bigger problem than Shepherd, but then again, the two of them are big mates.

As long as Shepherd continues with his geordie obsession and his reactionary appointments/dismissals, not to mention his terrible PR, it's hard to see how we can be successful like other clubs at the same financial level are. I know you disagree with this, but we'll see whose right in another 10 years or so I guess.

139455[/snapback]

Well, if you are so convinced. Stop going. I don't agree though. I also however, don't agree that qualifying for europe is nowhere either, and neither does the rest of the 52,000

139460[/snapback]

What kind of response is that? :icon_lol:

On the one hand you imply I'm a JCL, on the other you tell me to give up going because I don't think we can win anything with Shepherd! Jesus wept.

My belief btw is that NUFC could literally be the biggest club in the country with the possible exception of Man United if it was managed properly at team and board level. I base this on the fact that we have a fanatical fanbase despite over 35 years without winning anything (which I appreciate doesn't seem important to you but I beg to differ). Who knows, maybe Shepherd will appoint the right man one day and we will be successful, but I think his options are ever decreasing (I think appointing Roeder is proof of this). My main hope though is for a takeover.

I'll leave it at that as obviously you can't discuss things rationally with anyone who disagrees with you, without resorting to the usual insults. Pathetic really.

139465[/snapback]

You aren't happy with Shepherd. I have told you what I think, and IMO the only way to get change. It's not an insult. Like it or not, 52000 people go to the ground because there is something worth paying for. If you didn't think there was, you wouldn't go. You won't change Shepherd, and the only way you will get rid of him is to boycott the club, along with 30000 others. Accept it, or get used to it. Realistic.

I do suspect however, that you weren't saying this when we were in the CL, and you won't be saying it when we do it again, or win a trophy.

I think they will get the right man. It will be at the expense of Liverpool or Arsenal probably, as there are only 2 trophies, or 3 if you count the league Cup. Shame they don't make more trophies, in the meantime the UEFA Cup qualification will have to do. Pity you think this is failure, because I don't, and neither would well over 80 other clubs.

What a shame you can't discuss things rationally with someone who disagrees with you.

Edited by LeazesMag

If you don't like Shepherd stop going :icon_lol: Is that what you did under Souness like? ;) Best one yet.

139461[/snapback]

if everyone that was disillusioned with fred took this advice there'd probably only be leazes and htl left at the game every week.

If you don't like Shepherd stop going :icon_lol: Is that what you did under Souness like? ;) Best one yet.

139461[/snapback]

if everyone that was disillusioned with fred took this advice there'd probably only be leazes and htl left at the game every week.

139468[/snapback]

you have no idea of the meaning of the word. I never thought I would see the day Newcastle supporters acted like spoiled gloryseeking manu shitbags. crying like bairns and booing people just because they don't win a trophy.

You obviously aren't really disillusioned, otherwise you would.

Edited by LeazesMag

139461[/snapback]

139468[/snapback]

you have no idea of the meaning of the word. I never thought I would see the day Newcastle supporters acted like spoiled gloryseeking manu shitbags. crying like bairns and booing people just because they don't win a trophy.

139473[/snapback]

how the fuck do you know like? :rolleyes:

139461[/snapback]

139468[/snapback]

139473[/snapback]

139501[/snapback]

how childish. If you debated points or answered straight questions, you might have got somewhere.

You are disillusioned with european football ? Terrible. You want Shepherd out ?

Stop going if you are disilluisioned, when 30000 others feel the same, he'll be gone. I suspect however, that someone else would jump into your seat, due to there being something worth watching.

139461[/snapback]

139468[/snapback]

139473[/snapback]

139501[/snapback]

how childish. If you debated points or answered straight questions, you might have got somewhere.

You are disillusioned with european football ? Terrible. You want Shepherd out ?

Stop going if you are disilluisioned, when 30000 others feel the same, he'll be gone. I suspect however, that someone else would jump into your seat, due to there being something worth watching.

139521[/snapback]

i already have but it's pointless continuing with you because you repeat the same drivel in every post or resort to bullshit accusations, hence the wanker smilie

139461[/snapback]

139468[/snapback]

139473[/snapback]

139501[/snapback]

139521[/snapback]

i already have but it's pointless continuing with you because you repeat the same drivel in every post or resort to bullshit accusations, hence the wanker smilie

139523[/snapback]

aye, its very grown up of you.

Are you going to help get rid of Shepherd or do you think there is something worth watching ?

139461[/snapback]

139468[/snapback]

139473[/snapback]

139501[/snapback]

139521[/snapback]

139523[/snapback]

Are you going to help get rid of Shepherd or do you think there is something worth watching ?

139528[/snapback]

how else do you suggest i reply to your mindless assumptions?

and what a strange choice of loaded question. i'm not going to try and get rid of fred and i do think there's something worth watching.

139461[/snapback]

139468[/snapback]

139473[/snapback]

139501[/snapback]

139521[/snapback]

139523[/snapback]

139528[/snapback]

how else do you suggest i reply to your mindless assumptions?

and what a strange choice of loaded question. i'm not going to try and get rid of fred and i do think there's something worth watching.

139533[/snapback]

hmmm....you're right.

139533[/snapback]

hmmm....you're right.

139538[/snapback]

however I would much prefer to go and see even better football, the parading of trophies and open top buses in tickertape parades.

139533[/snapback]

hmmm....you're right.

139538[/snapback]

however I would much prefer to go and see even better football, the parading of trophies and open top buses in tickertape parades.

139544[/snapback]

Who wouldn't.

Some of us have been waiting...errr...a canny while ...

Having watched 3 abject surrenders, and one glorious defeat in Wembley Finals, the likeliehood of getting tickets for the next time, has decreased slightly, thanks to Adam Crozier and his blueprint for the next century of football fans.

We won't mention the 1996 title run in, I'd rather not go down that road ....