Shock Horror From Wenger

Tooj

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has blasted Emmanuel Eboue for diving in the UEFA Champions League defeat to Barcelona.

Eboue appeared to dive to win the free kick from which Sol Campbell scored to give Arsenal the lead in Paris.

Barcelona were unhappy with the award of the free kick and Wenger has admitted Eboue cheated to win the free kick.

Wenger was unhappy with the young full back and insists he will not stand for any cheating from any of his players.

"It is clear there was no foul. I condemn and regret the attitude of Eboue," Wenger told The People.

"I have always risen up against cheating.

"Eboue cheated by simulating the foul. I detest simulation."

Meanwhile, Ashley Cole admits he is fed up with the constant speculation regarding his future.

The likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid are both thought to be keen on luring Cole away from Highbury.

Cole's future has been the subject of debate ever since he was caught up in the 'tapping-up' scandal with Chelsea and the full back is remaining coy over his plans.

"Everyone keeps asking me the same question. I say I'm staying and then one paper says I'm leaving," said Cole.

"I don't see the point in answering the same question every time. We're just going around in circles. What more can I say?

"I've played out my heart for the club since I've been here. I've never said I was leaving. It's not down to me."

Would have been better if Arsenal said this from the start instead of saying the ref was a barca fan and robbed them.

But fair play to Wenger, i criticise him alot, quite rightly, but he deserves some credit here for finally seeing something one of his players has done, admitting they've done it and said he's going to stamp it out.

He only owned up to it to avoid double standards with all their bitching and moaning about barca. Is he going to own up about pires, coles, reyes, ljungbergs etc dives every single week in the premiership?

nah, didnt think so!

He only owned up to it to avoid  double standards with all their bitching and moaning about barca. Is he going to own up about pires, coles, reyes, ljungbergs etc dives every single week in the premiership?

nah, didnt think so!

139126[/snapback]

Probably not, but it's a start.

He only owned up to it to avoid  double standards with all their bitching and moaning about barca. Is he going to own up about pires, coles, reyes, ljungbergs etc dives every single week in the premiership?

nah, didnt think so!

139126[/snapback]

We can't expect miracles from the king of the hypocrites, but as Luckyluke said at least its a start. Mind you i suspect it will also be a start and indeed an end, but still its better than usual!