Lets say . . . .

Kid Dynamite

I don't feel particularly sentimental over the number 9 shirt and don't see that it should be retired. Shearer has gone, NUFC is still here, therefore onwards and upwards for us.

we manage to sign one of kuyt, gudjonsson, van nistlerooy or defoe AND owen wants to keep the number 10. Would it be harsh of us to give the number 9 to our new player rather than ameobi?

139140[/snapback]

I wonder if RVN and Owen could play effectively together?? From what I've seen of him (RVN), he seems far too selfish - in a good striker's way - to be a compliment to Owen. Maybe those who have seen him more could give a better opinion, but I just have this doubt.

Anyway, the nuber 9 shirt for Ameobi ?? No way. What an insult to the shirt. Yes, I've seen some donkeys over the years wear it, but those were the days when the rest of the team weren't much better; these days we have a team full of pretty decent players (not all, but a few). The number 9 shirt should go to a quality striker who will play most games, scoring often and hopefully we will get one this close season.

I don't care who gets the no. 9 shirt. Its a shirt, whoever gets it after shearer won't achieve as much as he did at the club.

139142[/snapback]

Seeing as Shearer was here for ten years and won precisely cock-all medals I think that's a very pessimistic outlook!

we manage to sign one of kuyt, gudjonsson, van nistlerooy or defoe AND owen wants to keep the number 10. Would it be harsh of us to give the number 9 to our new player rather than ameobi?

139140[/snapback]

Serious question? I'd give it to any of those 4 before Ameobi, but I think Owen will be wearing it next season.

I don't care who gets the no. 9 shirt. Its a shirt, whoever gets it after shearer won't achieve as much as he did at the club.

139142[/snapback]

Seeing as Shearer was here for ten years and won precisely cock-all medals I think that's a very pessimistic outlook!

139214[/snapback]

I was more referring to here for 10 years, clubs top goalscorer ever, club captain etc etc

Is winning a league cup then bogging off after a season achieving more then shearer did, I think not.

We owe Ameobi nothing, in fact if there is a debt then its his to the club for playing shite and taking a wage for it, I'd give it to the new signing in a shot.

139140[/snapback]

Serious question? I'd give it to any of those 4 before Ameobi, but I think Owen will be wearing it next season.

139215[/snapback]

... and pay Burton a helluva lot of compensation for devalueing a label. Nah, I don't think so. :icon_lol:

139142[/snapback]

139214[/snapback]

I was more referring to here for 10 years, clubs top goalscorer ever, club captain etc etc

Is winning a league cup then bogging off after a season achieving more then shearer did, I think not.

139217[/snapback]

No it's not, and you're right, whoever gets the shirt will probably not achieve what Shearer did on a personal level, (although Owen is the same age as Shearer was when he signed...) but it's possible for them to achieve more for the club than Shearer did, and I hope they do.

139140[/snapback]

I wonder if RVN and Owen could play effectively together?? From what I've seen of him (RVN), he seems far too selfish - in a good striker's way - to be a compliment to Owen. Maybe those who have seen him more could give a better opinion, but I just have this doubt.

Anyway, the nuber 9 shirt for Ameobi ?? No way. What an insult to the shirt. Yes, I've seen some donkeys over the years wear it, but those were the days when the rest of the team weren't much better; these days we have a team full of pretty decent players (not all, but a few). The number 9 shirt should go to a quality striker who will play most games, scoring often and hopefully we will get one this close season.

139165[/snapback]

Kuijt and Gudjonhsen would probably be a better foil for Owen, but RVN would work with a creative midfielder pushed up behind them.

If Owen decides to keep the no. 10 shirt and we signed a genuine class striker to play alongside them the i'd give them the no.9 shirt straight away.

You give the 9 and 10 shirts to the two strikers you fel are your first choice and will be starting when everyone is fit and if we start a season with Shola as a first choice striker i'd be worried!

Actually this season The Horse has been dropping off alot more and linking up play a hell of alot better rather than his usual goal monging

Does anyone think these players are going to sign? Has there been some secret buyout or money tree found that I'm unaware of?

I'm not sure about giving the shirt to Owen either, as he probably won't play enough to warrant it. I'm hoping we sell him anyway.

I'm not sure about giving the shirt to Owen either, as he probably won't play enough to warrant it. I'm hoping we sell him anyway.

139318[/snapback]

I concur those sentiments

139140[/snapback]

if we signed ALL those players, there wouldn't be much point keeping Shola.

"9" should go to Kuyt if we get him... or maybe he has a weird fetish with #7 :icon_lol:

139140[/snapback]

"9" should go to Kuyt if we get him... or maybe he has a weird fetish with #7 :icon_lol:

139335[/snapback]

Agreed, it would be like buying a Ferrari and an Aston Martin and keeping the Fiesta.

139140[/snapback]

139335[/snapback]

Agreed, it would be like buying a Ferrari and an Aston Martin and keeping the Fiesta.

139337[/snapback]

Handy for trips to the supermarket though.

139140[/snapback]

139335[/snapback]

139337[/snapback]

Handy for trips to the supermarket though.

139339[/snapback]

I was thinking it would be ok for scrap.

... and pay Burton a helluva lot of compensation for devalueing a label.  Nah, I don't think so. :icon_lol:

139222[/snapback]

Next season's will just be rebranded NINE. ;)

139142[/snapback]

if given the same priveledges as shearer someone like van horseface or kuyt could do a similair job....

thank god the selfish cunts gone tbh.