Milner set for Roeder talks

Baggio

Villa target Milner set for Toon talks

May 22 2006

By Bill Howell, Birmingham Mail

JAMES Milner's future will finally be resolved at the end of this week when the winger will have face-to-face meetings with both Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd and manager Glenn Roeder.

Villa remain convinced that a deal to sign the player for an agreed fee of around £3million has already been hatched and that the player is keen to sign.

But it appears that Roeder wants to be reassured at first hand that the player definitely wants to quit St James" Park.

Milner's agent, PFA chief Executive Mick McGuire spoke to the Newcastle manager yesterday and confirmed that the on-off saga will soon be concluded.

He said: "Glenn Roeder has to speak to the lad, just as he has to speak to all of his players. Newcastle remain aware of Villas interest."

A spokesman close to the player said: "James will meet with Newcastle and if it is decided that he has to go, he has to go."

McGuire is away on business until Friday which will mean any meaningful discussion will be deferred until the weekend.

Looks like this one will be sorted sooner rather than later.

About time they sorted it out either way. And to be honest even if he is desperate to go to Villa i'd refuse just to piss O'Leary off and find somebody else to sell him to if he had to leave.

But i'd rather keep him and see what he can do here.

On a related note, I'd put money on O'Dreary being first in the sack race. I see he wants to buy Eric Bakke and Doug Ellis was quoted yesterday as saying 'he can't even get his game for Leeds, what does that tell you?' Now there's a man who has the backing of his chairman. :icon_lol:

Guest alex

When you look at some of the shit he bought at Leeds for ridiculous fees it tells you what a shit manager he really is.

When you look at some of the shit he bought at Leeds for ridiculous fees it tells you what a shit manager he really is.

139743[/snapback]

What was it? Seth Johnson for 7.5 million? :icon_lol:

Wish he'd have took Dyer off our hands though ;)

The more it hink about it the more i think wed be mad to sell him. Nobby isnt getting any younger and we have a ready made replacement for him already at the club. And he knows how to cross now! Milner and Zoggy on the wings whipping crosses in for kuyt, heres hoping!