Darren Bent

khay

Newcastle have placed Charlton striker Darren Bent on their summer wish list.

Taking from the BBC gossip column.

Could be unsettled now that curbishley left.

our next signing  ;)

sfgman288aw.jpg

139729[/snapback]

I can see those lessons using photoshop are really begining to pay off !

:icon_lol:

that was done in Paint, yes it took me 20 minutes ;)

i thought it was alright :icon_lol:

On a serious note, i'd love him to sign for us, but cant see Fergie selling him to another English club

would the horse face work alongside owen though? both class predators but maybe a bit too similar and one dimensional to play up front together

would the horse face work alongside owen though? both class predators but maybe a bit too similar and one dimensional to play up front together

139754[/snapback]

I think they will as the horse this season has been dropping off alot more and linking up play

Bent is another in a long line of one season wonders. see beattie, crouch, phillips, ricketts, johnson etc.

139779[/snapback]

is that opinion or fact ?

139754[/snapback]

Probably not but it doesn't really matter because they'd both still score a shitload. I don't really think Shearer & Ferdinand were a great combination as such, but they both had a good supply-line and could finish. I don't see why Owen & van Nistelrooy couldn't do the same.

Bent is another in a long line of one season wonders. see beattie, crouch, phillips, ricketts, johnson etc.

139779[/snapback]

is that opinion or fact ?

139801[/snapback]

opinion for now, fact at the end of next season.

true enough.

he would be more reliable than st michael though ( you'd get more than half a season out of him and near as dammit the same amount of goals per game( based on what he's done this season....).

would rather have kuyt or vannistelhorse tho.

Edited by canofbeans

true enough.

he would be more reliable than st michael though ( you'd get more than half a season out of him and near as dammit the same amount of goals per game( based on what he's done this season....).

would rather have kuyt or vannistelhorse tho.

140019[/snapback]

But Owen's been doing it for years at the highest level. Bent could turn out to be a sucess, but it's more likely he'll go the route of Ricketts et al. I'd rather we bought someone proven.

Not born near enough the Tyne for Fat Freds liking. Apparently our top transfer targets are Graham Fenton and the short one out of Ant and Dec.

140194[/snapback]

cant see how you could play him and owen in the same team tbh