Souness for Palace

Jimbo

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan is lining up Graeme Souness to replace Iain Dowie as manager. (Mirror)

Simon Jordan and Graeme Souness, they really deserve eachother !

:icon_lol:

Hopefully it won't interfere with his plans to be a pundit on RTE's World Cup coverage, I can't wait to see him and Dunphy go head to head, that will be TV worth watching.

To any decent Palace fans i'd say get protesting now and save your club from a fate worse than death!

139790[/snapback]

Any decent humanitarian wouldnrt even wish him on the Mackems or the Smoggies.

Perhaps we should feel sorry for Simon Jordan who is clearly in need of urgent psychiatric help.

Former Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has confirmed his interest in the vacant manager's post at Crystal Palace.

The Eagles are searching for a new boss after Iain Dowie's departure, and rumours linking the club with Dave Jones subsided after the Cardiff chief penned a new deal at Ninian Park.

Colchester boss Phil Parkinson is another name in the frame as the London side look to appoint the right candidate to steer them back to The Premiership after losing in the play-off semi-final to Watford.

Souness, who has been out of work since being sacked as Newcastle boss in February, has now thrown his hat in the ring by revealing his admiration for Eagles chairman Simon Jordan.

"I have a lot of time for Simon Jordan and what he is doing at Crystal Palace," said Souness. "We get on.

"It is certainly something I would be interested in.

"I'm ready for another challenge and Palace is something that appeals should it arise."

Souness will reportedly hold talks with the Championship club upon his return from a holiday in America.

Just a question. Have we paid him his compensation yet? And if no, is he still entitled to his contract getting fully paid out?

140099[/snapback]

surely we can play the "gross misconduct" card ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has revealed that he is keen to talk to Graeme Souness about the vacant manager's post at Selhurst Park.

Palace are searching for a new boss following Iain Dowie's departure to take over at Charlton.

Souness, 53, was sacked as manager of Newcastle in February after spells in charge at Blackburn and Liverpool.

"Souness is someone I would like to see and there along with a number of other managers," he told the club website.

Jordan added: "I want a manager who can take us up [to the Premiership] next season.

"The team should have gone up last season, but it didn't go up for a number of reasons.

"I want a manager in who doesn't under-perform and who ensures we go up in what is the last year of the parachute payments and probably one of the most important years for the club."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ace/5040426.stm

:lol: :lol: :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: