Setting up your tv, video, freeview and dvd

Jusoda Kid

to a telly with 2 scart sockets and a video with one scart socket.

Just had a right fuck on with my grannys and still no further forward, the video just wont recognise the freeview channels and therefore won't record from it.

I've set the freeview to AV1 but i can't get the video to see it, any ideas, my head is in bits ;)

P.S the freeview box has one fixed lead coming out of the back with no other inputs or outputs, i've never seen anything like it.

what is coming out of the freeview box ? a scart or co-ax ariel cable ????

usually a freeview box should have a scart output, you connect that to AV1 on the VCR, then to read that you just switch between inputs on the VCR, you don't have to tune the channels in on the VCR as the signal is coming in to the VCR via Scart, you should have the choice of viewing channels that you manually tune it or an input signal from Scart, on my kids VCR the Scart input channel is L1, if I set the VCR to L1 channel I get whatever the scart is connected to, in their case a DVD player.

anyone else think its time scart was done away with - a bloody great plug and cable is really very 1970's tbh

142587[/snapback]

When HD becomes the standard Scart will be replaced the HDMI.

Cracked it, cheers Jimbo, had evrything in the right place just needed to set the video to AV1

143497[/snapback]

No problem dude.