suggestions for things to do in London

themags

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather watch Big Brother than go to a 'show'.

140464[/snapback]

:lol: and that's why culture washes over you like water off a duck.

;)

Guest alex

140464[/snapback]

:lol:

140482[/snapback]

;) Rembrandt has nowt on Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.

140464[/snapback]

140482[/snapback]

;) Rembrandt has nowt on Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.

140488[/snapback]

Well i haven't heard him knocking out any mediocre musicals recently, have you!!! :lol:

I absolutely didn't mean a musical.

have nothing but disdain for those things, with childish plots, obvious clunky lyrics...

I blatantly meant a play.

fegging inelegant baseborn plebeian

Guest alex

have nothing but disdain for those things, with childish plots, obvious clunky lyrics...

140511[/snapback]

I thought 'a show' was a musical as opposed to a play like. Not that I tend to go to either (I've never even been to the former).

140511[/snapback]

Are you called Crispin and your other half Natasha?

140511[/snapback]

I thought 'a show' was a musical as opposed to a play like. Not that I tend to go to either (I've never even been to the former).

140514[/snapback]

Show never means play, invariably means musical, not that i go to either!

you're all prols

;)

I thought show referred to any performance on a stage? hence why comperes declare "enjoy the show" before comedians do their bit...

Guest alex
you're all prols

;)

I thought show referred to any performance on a stage? hence why comperes declare "enjoy the show" before comedians do their bit...

140539[/snapback]

It may well apply to a play too mate for all I know, it's just most people I know who say they've been to 'a show' have normally been up to Edinburgh or down to London to see Mama bloody Mia or whatever so in this context I thought that was what you meant. And I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a shitty stick.

you're all prols

140539[/snapback]

It may well apply to a play too mate for all I know, it's just most people I know who say they've been to 'a show' have normally been up to Edinburgh or down to London to see Mama bloody Mia or whatever so in this context I thought that was what you meant. And I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a shitty stick.

140547[/snapback]

When i read that i just thought of Alan Partridge with the irish tv execs, going "Sunday...bloody sunday!" ;)

never seen the attraction of musicals to be honest, all a little too San Fransisco for my liking.

but to be fair I think we've drifted off topc slightly.

never seen the attraction of musicals to be honest, all a little too San Fransisco for my liking.

140552[/snapback]

I went to the opera in San Francisco. Chase me! ;)

La Boheme, directed by the bloke that did Moulin Rouge, Baz whatsisface. It actually wasn't that bad, but that's because they had subtitles - is that normal or is it just for the yanks?!

Don't go to Camden Town.

140574[/snapback]

sound advice, how i wish i'd had it !! ;)

Heaving sweaty markets selling a pile of junk, lecherous, slimey traders, boiling hot day and to finish it off, a fire emergency on the underground which meant having to change 4 times to avoid the line :lol:

140552[/snapback]

La Boheme, directed by the bloke that did Moulin Rouge, Baz whatsisface. It actually wasn't that bad, but that's because they had subtitles - is that normal or is it just for the yanks?!

140557[/snapback]

Subtitles? Supertitles surely?

shopping: kings road, soho, spittlefields market, (about a million times better than camden), bond st - avoid oxford st like the plague unless you're going to selfridges which is worth a dabble.

art/culture: tate modern, national picture gallery, british library, natural history museum

tourist stuff: a ride on the wheel combined with a boat trip down to greenwich is a nice day out or a walk down the south bank on a sunday.

Things to do in London.

Cram into an overcrowded Tube train full of sweaty, rude, misanthropic Cockneys.

Get pestered by people in the street trying to persuade you to go and watch some dodgy sex show in Soho.

Pay £4 for a pint.

Stand in a tube station and sing an ad-libbed Cockney knees-up Blitz song "You can't bomb us 'itler, you're a facking cant......."

Declare your hotel room as the Embassy of the Autonomous Republic of Northumbria.

Do the Monopoly pub crawl

If you don't want to do anything touristy, try getting a part-time job. ;)

140157[/snapback]

Fucking damned right - get your arse down to St. Pauls and give the muppets who I helped set up last weekend a fucking kicking as they've already screwed their entire network up!

Tossers! :lol:

If you don't want to do anything touristy, try getting a part-time job. :lol:

140157[/snapback]

Fucking damned right - get your arse down to St. Pauls and give the muppets who I helped set up last weekend a fucking kicking as they've already screwed their entire network up!

Tossers! :lol:

140667[/snapback]

Have they tried turning it off then on again? ;)

140552[/snapback]

140557[/snapback]

Do you mean that exported australian Baz Lurman Gemmill?

It's just for yanks. You have to remember this is the country that had to have Australian/New Zealand/South African movies subtitled in the 70s and 80s because they couldn't understand the accents!

Back to the topic, if you really want to impress her you could always take her to "The Church" on Sunday!

But just don't drink to much aussie bitter as it makes West End (see seperate thread) taste like Chimay.