N'Zogbia to solve striker problem?

Renton

No Shola (thank god)

No Chopra

Maybe no Shearer

Its sad to say but we'll have to consider playing a non striker up front if things don't improve.

No Shola (thank god)

No Chopra

Maybe no Shearer

Its sad to say but we'll have to consider playing a non striker up front if things don't improve.

10933[/snapback]

You're right, but none of our midfielders we have left have much striking ability. N'Zogbia is very young and hasn't had much opportunity, but is yet to score. Dyer is woeful in front of goal except in the very occasional game. Bowyer shouldn't be here, Jenas can't score. The past record of Parker and Emre show they are not prolific. Maybe Milner is a better option to play up front, but come on, this is the premiership we are talking about, with good defences.

I know this is just N'Zogbia being hopeful, but what happened to the experience we needed? We need proper strikers, now!

I wonder how many goals our "top striker" will score this year. Eight for Shearer I reckon. B)

Milner is the best option up front given the current situation.

10943[/snapback]

N`zoggy isn't as good a finisher as milner.

i think n'zogbia lacks at finishing,if you remember that goal from about 1 yard out that he skyed over in the last minute against boro last season!

he isn't a finisher

Milner is the best option up front given the current situation.

10943[/snapback]

N`zoggy isn't as good a finisher as milner.

i think n'zogbia lacks at finishing,if you remember that goal from about 1 yard out that he skyed over in the last minute against boro last season!

he isn't a finisher

10958[/snapback]

Up until pre-season the same could have been said about Milner. Last season he looked like he couldn't hit a barn door. If it wasn't for Milner's Leeds escapades I'd have said that N'Zogbia was the more confident in the box out of the two. Milner could hit them from distance but in the box he couldn't hit them cleanly, he'd fluff shots.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Milner's finishing is better than his crossing, so I would stick him up front rather than waste him out wide.

10991[/snapback]

My finishing is better than Milner's crossing B)

So are we going to go for something like a 4-5-1 with Milner up front by himself (assuming Shearer is not fit)?

Or we could go for a 4-6-0 formation and hope not to concede....too many. B)

So are we going to go for something like a 4-5-1 with Milner up front by himself (assuming Shearer is not fit)?

Or we could go for a 4-6-0 formation and hope not to concede....too many.  B)

11001[/snapback]

I reckon that'll be the score, 4 to 6 - nil. (Quite a range I know).

Dyer is the best option up front at this club at the moment. We saw last season (especially against Sporting) that he causes all sorts of problems to the opposition defenders.

As for the comments about Milner - I'd play him anywhere but on the wing.

Milner's finishing is better than his crossing, so I would stick him up front rather than waste him out wide.

10991[/snapback]

10998[/snapback]

To be fair to the lad, if we had a 7ft 9" left winger who stood on the far touchline or a midget who stood right side of the 18 yard box his crossing would be spot on.

10991[/snapback]

10998[/snapback]

To be fair to the lad, if we had a 7ft 9" left winger who stood on the far touchline or a midget who stood right side of the 18 yard box his crossing would be spot on.

11081[/snapback]

:lol:

And yet i'd be happier to have those two players than the attack Souness is taking into the season!

While its unbelievable that we havent bought even just one striker yet, I dont think its as bad as it could have been as we have stand-ins like Milner, N'Zogbia and Dyer who could all do a decent job off the front man imo. (Granted Dyer aint gonna add much goals though.)