Rooney's Doc Sacked by Man United

Gemmill

;)

Anything to do with the fact he was making positive noises about Rooney playing in the WC, contrary to what Ferguson has been saying, do we reckon?

According to the club it was over a non-clinical matter, but that sounds suspiciously like boolsheet to me.

Slightly off topic but I was reading an article in the paper yesterday about all the hype surrounding Rooney's injury and how the media are making huge noises about how he's going to be fit etc. It basically said that it's all a cover-up in order for the World Cup hype to be maintained and to keep his sponsors happy when in reality there's actually little or no chance he's going to be fit for any of the games at all.

Medically speaking, there's no way he should be fit - wacky oxygen tents or not.

Slightly off topic but I was reading an article in the paper yesterday about all the hype surrounding Rooney's injury and how the media are making huge noises about how he's going to be fit etc.  It basically said that it's all a cover-up in order for the World Cup hype to be maintained and to keep his sponsors happy when in reality there's actually little or no chance he's going to be fit for any of the games at all.

Medically speaking, there's no way he should be fit - wacky oxygen tents or not.

140256[/snapback]

Despite the fact that David Nugent recovered from the same injury in less time?

Slightly off topic but I was reading an article in the paper yesterday about all the hype surrounding Rooney's injury and how the media are making huge noises about how he's going to be fit etc.  It basically said that it's all a cover-up in order for the World Cup hype to be maintained and to keep his sponsors happy when in reality there's actually little or no chance he's going to be fit for any of the games at all.

140256[/snapback]

140261[/snapback]

Tbf, that was a ludicrously quick recovery though. It wasn't exactly the norm.

Heard that on the radio this morning. Said it was not to do with football or clinical reasons. Sounds suspicious to me.

BTW, haven't the french team been banned from commenting on the fitness of players by some new french privacy law?

IMO Man Ures need comes before England. I would say the same about our player. Owen does look like he will be fit. I hope he will stay fit for us next seaosn too otherwise ill be rather pissed.

I would love him to play for England but if he doesnt then he doesnt simple.

140256[/snapback]

140261[/snapback]

And was he match fit to play for England in the World Cup? Nope, he was okay to hobble on as a sub for Preston ;) Don't forget that it's taken Owen 4 months to recover from the same injury too.

btw, this means a new doctor will be brought in to comment on his scan tomorrow. . . .mmmmm, dodgy stuff. Especially if man u come out and say it isnt as positive as they had hoped and hes still got a while to go etc.

Owen's injury was different though.

140283[/snapback]

Scares me that a nurse doesn't recognise that fact tbh ;)

140344[/snapback]

I haven't had access to the x-rays - sorry.

It was a different metatarsal that they broke though, that's all. Still a busted foot. And yes, I've read the press's attempts to dress it up as the "whatever'th metatarsal (the one Rooney broke) relies on the other two as a splint and so heals quicker etc". Sounds suspiciously like the press bigging up his recovery chances though - it's still a busted bone in his foot. I'm with catmag on his recovery prospects. ;)

Nike are developing and producing a new boot for Rooney which will protect his foot, so it must be a fact that he is going to play.  ;)

Am new around here  :lol:

140401[/snapback]

I thought I told you to be funny with your first post. :lol:

Nike are developing and producing a new boot for Rooney which will protect his foot, so it must be a fact that he is going to play.  ;)

140401[/snapback]

140410[/snapback]

Shit topic tbh :lol:

Rooney will go with the squad but it doesnt matter as we have Owen and Craig David (snotty-nosed gay looking teenager from Southampton).

;)

It was a different metatarsal that they broke though, that's all.  Still a busted foot.  And yes, I've read the press's attempts to dress it up as the "whatever'th metatarsal (the one Rooney broke) relies on the other two as a splint and so heals quicker etc".  Sounds suspiciously like the press bigging up his recovery chances though - it's still a busted bone in his foot.  I'm with catmag on his recovery prospects. ;)

140389[/snapback]

Metatarsals are notoriously difficult to heal too. They can't be properly splinted and therefore are fairly unstable, making the chances of re-displacement of the bone more likely - especially if undertaking exercise too early in the recovery process. I know he's Wayne Rooney, but he's only human after all. I know he didn't need the bone to be pinned (as Owen) did, but I guess we'll see eh?

140401[/snapback]

140410[/snapback]

Shit topic tbh :lol:

Rooney will go with the squad but it doesnt matter as we have Owen and Craig David (snotty-nosed gay looking teenager from Southampton).

;)

140444[/snapback]

look forward to seeing Kes sticking them in for us then.

He was sacked after a row with Ferguson over the progress and treatment of Rooney according to the Telegraph. Red Face didn't like it that he had said Rooney was making a "perfect recovery" after Ferguson had said it would be a "wild dream" for Rooney to be fit in time. He also didn't like the fact that Mike Stone was in constant contact with the England doctor, Leif Sward.

His scan has been done but they wont comment on it til tomorrow. Why!? It takes about ten minutes to look through the scans and to see how well the injury is coming on. I wouldnt be surprised if fergie is planning on sabotaging the whole thing and keeping rooney at home.