Lunch

Toonraider

Dinner is 'lunch' if you're common like me. Otherwise it's an evening meal which is tea to me, not to be confused with high tea though which is what posh people have between lunch and dinner ;)

140421[/snapback]

you forgot about "elevenses"

140486[/snapback]

And "Brunch" as well!

140490[/snapback]

You mean "Brinner" :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today is about to be.... mushrooms on toast! Yummmmmm  ;)  Followed by a chunk of mint Aero  :lol:

what did you have?

140384[/snapback]

bread and dripping for my DINNER

140472[/snapback]

Did you go back to the 1950's to have your dinner then? ;)

140474[/snapback]

No, but doon in Torquay they have all that French rubbish don't they :lol:

140480[/snapback]

LOL... we've actually had a 'french style market' been set up in town, the local traders are kicking up a stink about it :lol:

No, normal food for me, give me a roast beef dinner anyday!!! Have to say i enjoyed pease pudding or whatever its called!

Who else on here likes Dickson's meat pasties btw?  I know catmag does.  CLASS!

140406[/snapback]

do you mean Dicksons meat pies that I used to get a canny few years ago ........

where do you get them ?

140477[/snapback]

Erm, Dicksons ;)

140489[/snapback]

ooppss...sorry Catmag.....I was going to ask where Dicksons was.........then remembered the pies I meant were called dickmans . Somebody might remember them.

Edited by LeazesMag

Dinner is 'lunch' if you're common like me. Otherwise it's an evening meal which is tea to me, not to be confused with high tea though which is what posh people have between lunch and dinner ;)

140421[/snapback]

you forgot about "elevenses"

140486[/snapback]

And "Brunch" as well!

140490[/snapback]

You mean "Brinner" :lol:

140493[/snapback]

:lol:

Well that just sounds silly!

today is about to be.... mushrooms on toast! Yummmmmm  ;)  Followed by a chunk of mint Aero  :lol:

what did you have?

140384[/snapback]

140472[/snapback]

140474[/snapback]

140480[/snapback]

LOL... we've actually had a 'french style market' been set up in town, the local traders are kicking up a stink about it :lol:

No, normal food for me, give me a roast beef dinner anyday!!! Have to say i enjoyed pease pudding or whatever its called!

140494[/snapback]

what, the tinned pease pudding ?

we could argue all day about this  ;)

140466[/snapback]

that's if you've finished your wifely duties of course.

140469[/snapback]

i always carry out my wifely duties beautifully i thank you :lol:

Jeeeeez you make me sound like a right old fashoined 'tied to the sink' country gal :lol:;) i do look after my family, but i do as i please too, hubby wouldnt dare question me!! :lol:

Leazes makes his own pease pudding, he'll post the recipes here if anyones interested.

140501[/snapback]

Unfortunately not, but its quite easy apparently.

I would end up making a dhansak if i started

today is about to be.... mushrooms on toast! Yummmmmm  :)  Followed by a chunk of mint Aero  ;)

what did you have?

140384[/snapback]

140472[/snapback]

140474[/snapback]

140480[/snapback]

140494[/snapback]

140498[/snapback]

what i had in Newcastle wasnt tinned and it was scrumptious, but alas, i can only get tinned down here :lol:

Dicksons Pork Shops, Leazes. They're all over the North East. There's one in North Shields, Hebburn, South Shields, Washington etc.

FAO GF - if you're doing dieting stuff, the lad whose wedding I was at has been on the South Beach diet under orders from his now wife, and he lost 25 pounds in a month and a half. Get on that, you fat biffa! ;)

I'm confused at your reluctance to accept dieting advice from a fellow fatty? :lol:;)

140564[/snapback]

Irony at it's best.

I'm confused at your reluctance to accept dieting advice from a fellow fatty? :lol:;)

140564[/snapback]

Irony at it's best.

140569[/snapback]

Missing the point at its best.

140597[/snapback]

Really don't think so, but feel free to continue thinking that.

no reluctance mate, I just don't know what the south beach diet is?

140571[/snapback]

Don't know much about it, but what I do know is:

No carbs for the first two weeks, which is when you lose a canny bit of weight, which is the spur to stick with it - the idea for no carbs is that you remove them totally so that your body becomes less accustomed to carb fixes and you therefore start to crave them less. From then on you reintroduce some carbs in the second phase and then onto a normal diet after that where I gather there are relatively few no-no's and it's all about eating sensible foods which rate well on the Glycaemic Index.

He reckons it was a piece of piss and not dangerous like Atkins.

140564[/snapback]

Irony at it's best.

140569[/snapback]

Missing the point at its best.

140597[/snapback]

Really don't think so, but feel free to continue thinking that.

140599[/snapback]

Well, I was the fellow fatty that I was referring to. So unless you were reinforcing THAT irony (which would have been fairly redundant), you're missing the point. Feel free to pretend that's what you were doing to get yourself out of a hole though.

today is about to be.... mushrooms on toast! Yummmmmm  :)  Followed by a chunk of mint Aero  ;)

what did you have?

140384[/snapback]

140472[/snapback]

140474[/snapback]

140480[/snapback]

140494[/snapback]

140498[/snapback]

what i had in Newcastle wasnt tinned and it was scrumptious, but alas, i can only get tinned down here :lol:

140504[/snapback]

http://www.bobjude.co.uk/bobjude/recipes/pease.html

today is about to be.... mushrooms on toast! Yummmmmm  :)  Followed by a chunk of mint Aero  :)

what did you have?

140384[/snapback]

140472[/snapback]

140474[/snapback]

140480[/snapback]

140494[/snapback]

140498[/snapback]

what i had in Newcastle wasnt tinned and it was scrumptious, but alas, i can only get tinned down here ;)

140504[/snapback]

http://www.bobjude.co.uk/bobjude/recipes/pease.html

140651[/snapback]

thanks LM :lol: i'll definitely give it a go, probably with the bacon, i had it in a sandwich but i'd like to try it with a roast dinner too.