Best weekend ever.....

sophie

I was in Cardiff for the Munster game, as that is where I orginally am from. I know this is a soccer forum, but the feeling you get when your team are crowned champions of Europe is unreal. There wer 70,000 of us over fromMunster at the game. It was amazing. I scored on the plane on the way home too:D

Edited by sophie

I'm surprised there was anyone left in Limerick for this given how many were in Cardiff, but the TV showed street fulls of people round that Terry Wogan statue. ;)

A Terry Wogan statue?  You jest!? ;)

140747[/snapback]

European funded no less cos of all the Eurovision he does. They keep climbing it to see if they can detach his toupe.

140747[/snapback]

European funded no less cos of all the Eurovision he does. They keep climbing it to see if they can detach his toupe.

140750[/snapback]

There is no Terry statue in Limerick. And the european Cup, represents Ireland, England, France, Wales Scotland and Italy.

There were aso 30,000 people watching the game on the main street in Limerick. All the pubs stayed open all weekend, the place went mental.

140747[/snapback]

140750[/snapback]

There is no Terry statue in Limerick. And the european Cup, represents Ireland, England, France, Wales Scotland and Italy.

There were aso 30,000 people watching the game on the main street in Limerick. All the pubs stayed open all weekend, the place went mental.

140753[/snapback]

Aye, I know. They were all packed like sardines round the Terry Wogan statue.

ya, moved to cork when i was ten, than to dublin for past 4 years

140758[/snapback]

They didnt show Cork on the TV but I imagine Henry Kelly Memorial Square was heaving too.

140758[/snapback]

They didnt show Cork on the TV but I imagine Henry Kelly Memorial Square was heaving too.

140767[/snapback]

The heat is on!

The tiiime is right!

140758[/snapback]

140767[/snapback]

The heat is on!

The tiiime is right!

140769[/snapback]

;)

European funded no less for all the pan-European game show work he did on Going for Gold.

140760[/snapback]

Not a lot of people know John Travolta was originally from Limerick.

10nzsqe.jpg

140760[/snapback]

Not a lot of people know John Travolta was originally from Limerick.

10nzsqe.jpg

140772[/snapback]

;) Limerick had pubs open all weekend when we won. The place went mental. Loads of shops closed, and no one had to go to work on Monday :lol:

;)  Limerick had pubs open all weekend when we won. The place went mental. Loads of shops closed, and no one had to go to work on Monday :lol:

140774[/snapback]

I was under the impression that was the status quo in "Stab City".

Guest alex

140758[/snapback]

140767[/snapback]

The heat is on!

The tiiime is right!

140769[/snapback]

I think it was David Baddiel who mentioned that having English as your native tongue was an unfair advantage on that show.

;)  Limerick had pubs open all weekend when we won. The place went mental. Loads of shops closed, and no one had to go to work on Monday :lol:

140774[/snapback]

140775[/snapback]

thats bullshit. it has a bad reputation, but thats because the Dublin media dont give a fuck about anywhere outside of Dublin. Limerick is a great place. Loads of pub and eligible men and women

Limerick had pubs open all weekend when we won. The place went mental. Loads of shops closed, and no one had to go to work on Monday;)

140774[/snapback]

*insert Irish unemployment joke here*

140774[/snapback]

140775[/snapback]

thats bullshit. it has a bad reputation, but thats because the Dublin media dont give a fuck about anywhere outside of Dublin. Limerick is a great place. Loads of pub and eligible men and women

140780[/snapback]

My mates dad's from Limerick and he hasnt been back in forty years so it cant be that great. Swore never to return after they tore the Jimmy Cricket statue down to stick the Wogan statue up.