Creecket!

Guest alex

Guest alex

Sri Lanka 34-4 apparently. I stuck £20 on England at evens the other day with Ladbroke's. I couldn't believe the odds tbh.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Sky and can't even get Channel 5 so that's my cricket summer ruined.

There's always the radio I guess.

140922[/snapback]

Thats bad like! At least i get ch5 to see a few highlights, but thats far from ideal when you think of a whole days play being compressed into a short programme.

At least ch5's programme is 45 mins compared to 30 mins on ch4 highlights, but it still needs to be at least an hour.

No Sky and can't even get Channel 5 so that's my cricket summer ruined.

There's always the radio I guess.

140922[/snapback]

Thats bad like! At least i get ch5 to see a few highlights, but thats far from ideal when you think of a whole days play being compressed into a short programme.

At least ch5's programme is 45 mins compared to 30 mins on ch4 highlights, but it still needs to be at least an hour.

140927[/snapback]

Aye, I live in an area where I'm not supposed to get Freeview and ITV reception (occasionally 4 too) can be a bit dodgy when the weather's bad.

Shame, as I have a love of watching cricket. Isn't Channel 5's coverage the same team as Channel 4?

It's just not the same without being able to watch it. I finished my exams yesterday, got an awful hangover and I can think of nothing I'd rather be doing today than watching it on Channel 4. My mate has got sky and invited me round to watch, but I can't get through to him.

This is going to be the first summer that I can remember that I haven't been able to watch a test. Boo hiss the ECB!

140963[/snapback]

Me too :(:( Been watching since the late 60's early 70's (?) and I am devastated tbh :(:(

Seriously considering getting Sky Sports back as I will just be suffering withdrawal symtoms if I'm home and I can't watch the test matches on the telly. :(:( Damn and blast to be in this position!!

Me too :(  :(  Been watching since the late 60's early 70's (?) and I am devastated tbh :(  :(

140978[/snapback]

was getting back into sport part of your mid-life crisis, snakey?

This is going to be the first summer that I can remember that I haven't been able to watch a test. Boo hiss the ECB!

140963[/snapback]

I think this will be the first summer ever that you haven't been able to watch a test. Such a shame, I even miss the Lou Bega theme tune. :(

It should definitely be on terrestial television.

I think they're risking losing a generation of youngsters to the game. Which is particularly stupid as we've our best team for years, and interest is as high as it's ever been after the Ashes win.

To be fair to the ECB, they need the cash and the BBC and Channel 4 were taking the piss with what they were offering. Plus Channel 4's 'commitment' to cricket was questionable....I remember all too well that if play ran over a bit you couldn't watch it because showing ancient epsiodes of Friends was more important.

And it's not all bad, at least Channel 5 have got the super-smooth Mark Nicholas. Crackerjack!

To be fair to the ECB, they need the cash and the BBC and Channel 4 were taking the piss with what they were offering. Plus Channel 4's 'commitment' to cricket was questionable....I remember all too well that if play ran over a bit you couldn't watch it because showing ancient epsiodes of Friends was more important.

And it's not all bad, at least Channel 5 have got the super-smooth Mark Nicholas. Crackerjack!

141122[/snapback]

It would be an ancient episode of the Simpsons in recent times tbh :(

I seem to remember during the ashes at least that play often went on to 7:00 or after and they would end up apologising to viewers of the Simpsons and Hollyoaks, so i'm pretty sure they remained with play.

141122[/snapback]

It would be an ancient episode of the Simpsons in recent times tbh :(

I seem to remember during the ashes at least that play often went on to 7:00 or after and they would end up apologising to viewers of the Simpsons and Hollyoaks, so i'm pretty sure they remained with play.

141133[/snapback]

Okay, maybe it was different with the Ashes, but for previous series they couldn't wait to sod off to Central Perk (or Springfield!).

It's a difficult position for them to be in, because not everyone is into cricket, and their 6pm slot is quite important in terms of viewers because people have just got home from work/school.

What would have been ideal if the BBC had got it they could stick it on BBC3 or 4, there's toss all on in the day on those channels, and anyone with a freeview box could watch it.

Okay, maybe it was different with the Ashes, but for previous series they couldn't wait to sod off to Central Perk (or Springfield!).

It's a difficult position for them to be in, because not everyone is into cricket, and their 6pm slot is quite important in terms of viewers because people have just got home from work/school.

What would have been ideal if the BBC had got it they could stick it on BBC3 or 4, there's toss all on in the day on those channels, and anyone with a freeview box could watch it.

141140[/snapback]

That would have been perfect and the BBC should have used soem of their money to do that instead of pissing it away on some of the shite programmes they produce!

It did annoy me in the past when they, or indeed any channel do that with live sporting events. The sport is a one off that is live and can onle be seen this once at this point in time and so should always take prioroty over pre-recorded programmes that can be re-shown at a later date.

Plus the higlights sometimes weren't on until dead late on 4. It's a set time on 5 now.

141149[/snapback]

Thats much better and whilst i still think its too short, ch4 only had a 30 min programme. With opening/closing credits, ad break and plenty of talk/interviews and the like you barely saw any cricket. And that was for possibly the biggest ashes series ever!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I agree that Ch5s highlights are better than C4s (less pretentious slow motion music montages for one). But I loved C4s live cricket, was really entertaining to watch.

And I remember the incident you're talking about luke, it was in the England v Zimbabwe series a few years back. They went to Hollyoaks instead of showing the last 10 minutes.

I agree that Ch5s highlights are better than C4s (less pretentious slow motion music montages for one). But I loved C4s live cricket, was really entertaining to watch.

And I remember the incident you're talking about luke, it was in the England v Zimbabwe series a few years back. They went to Hollyoaks instead of showing the last 10 minutes.

141168[/snapback]

Which is unforgivable!