Be patient on transfers

Scottish Mag

Re: Bramble. I think i have a fair, open minded view on him. I see talent, i see potential, i see strength, personally i'm of a view he might be a bit retarded but that doesn't seem to have got in Terry or Woodgate's way. But as for pace, he's alright once he's moving but he lacks agility, i.e. John Stead down the right wing. To say he is fast for a CB is confusing me a bit, i don't think he is as quick as Ferdinand, Curtis Davies, Toure, Woodgate, Cavalho, Gallas, Silvestre, Brown to name a few. I think Steven Taylor looks like he gets about the pitch better than Bramble. Bramble is not slow by any means, but pacy? I dunno...

I think he could be a good defender though, he's better than average at the moment imo.

141475[/snapback]

My suggestion some people are too stupid to see anythign in Bramble other than the stuff they read in the papers and the percieved opinion of him wasn't directed at you!

You don't think he's fast and i do, a mere difference of opinion but one not based on lazy stereotyped views of Bramble which actually ignore what he's done since he got all the initial criticisms.

As for the menton of Hughes, i like many at the time said it was yet another stupid and pointless move by Souness selling a versatile player who can offer cover for a small transfer fee when we had a small and injury prone squad. And as is invairably the case the people oppositte to Souness were proven right as we were hit by injuries and he'd have been very useful.

However i wouldn't buy him back, i'd be looking to bring somebody new and younger in, but would would take him back if he was on a free.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bramble. I think i have a fair, open minded view on him. I see talent, i see potential, i see strength, personally i'm of a view he might be a bit retarded but that doesn't seem to have got in Terry or Woodgate's way. But as for pace, he's alright once he's moving but he lacks agility, i.e. John Stead down the right wing. To say he is fast for a CB is confusing me a bit, i don't think he is as quick as Ferdinand, Curtis Davies, Toure, Woodgate, Cavalho, Gallas, Silvestre, Brown to name a few. I think Steven Taylor looks like he gets about the pitch better than Bramble. Bramble is not slow by any means, but pacy? I dunno...

I think he could be a good defender though, he's better than average at the moment imo.

141475[/snapback]

My suggestion some people are too stupid to see anythign in Bramble other than the stuff they read in the papers and the percieved opinion of him wasn't directed at you!

You don't think he's fast and i do, a mere difference of opinion but one not based on lazy stereotyped views of Bramble which actually ignore what he's done since he got all the initial criticisms.

As for the menton of Hughes, i like many at the time said it was yet another stupid and pointless move by Souness selling a versatile player who can offer cover for a small transfer fee when we had a small and injury prone squad. And as is invairably the case the people oppositte to Souness were proven right as we were hit by injuries and he'd have been very useful.

However i wouldn't buy him back, i'd be looking to bring somebody new and younger in, but would would take him back if he was on a free.

141678[/snapback]

Yep, I think I have a fair and open opinion on Bramble too. I would certainly say if I thought he was shite, as I have in the past with players.

But no, I think he is quicker than people think, also he's as strong as anybody, and I agree with you that his reputation goes before him, I still think [or hope] that he will improve further as he gets older. The current manager at the club is the first defender we have had as a manager since we came into the premiership, and a good defender at that, and a good captain too. So I think his time under Roeder will determine if he is going to become a good consistent premiership player or not. He has all the attributes, its up to him.

Edited by LeazesMag