Scott Parker

Scottish Mag

The Toon gaffer told nufc.co.uk: "While most of the boys are now taking their holidays before coming back on June 28, Scott has already had his break in some ways while recovering from glandular fever.

141058[/snapback]

Bollocks, I've already booked my hols this year.....hope I can get on teletext and set this up for next year. Dream vacation for the lad.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who was it on here saying he was over rated and we could do without him? We are a much better team with him than without IMO

141075[/snapback]

Though I do think we need him, we did pretty well without him at the end of the season, don't you think?

who was it on here saying he was over rated and we could do without him? We are a much better team with him than without IMO

141075[/snapback]

Though I do think we need him, we did pretty well without him at the end of the season, don't you think?

141225[/snapback]

We weren't exactly playing against great teams to be fair.

141075[/snapback]

141225[/snapback]

141227[/snapback]

Was Parker impressive against good teams? Were any of our players for that matter?

141075[/snapback]

141225[/snapback]

141227[/snapback]

Was Parker impressive against good teams? Were any of our players for that matter?

141231[/snapback]

You want some vinegar for that chip on your shoulder? :(

Renton is Supermac's mouth (and occasional ring) piece.  FACT!

141124[/snapback]

:(

So answer me this - why were we much better without Parker in the team? The fact that his disappearance more or less coincided with Souness going might have something to do with it :( , but seriously, I don't know why people rave about him.

As usual I will be proved right with time..... :(

141135[/snapback]

What a silly argument. Like someone said, that makes chopra and ameobi better than shearer and owen :(

Cant believe how daft somepeople can be. You might as well have said that ronaldinho sucks since chelsea won the title without signing him or the beegees were rubbish because they couldn't sell more albums than the beetles. Thats the kind of argument you are giving.

No personal offence mate, but that post just drove me up the wall.

141124[/snapback]

So answer me this - why were we much better without Parker in the team? The fact that his disappearance more or less coincided with Souness going might have something to do with it :( , but seriously, I don't know why people rave about him.

141135[/snapback]

What a silly argument. Like someone said, that makes chopra and ameobi better than shearer and owen :(

Cant believe how daft somepeople can be. You might as well have said that ronaldinho sucks since chelsea won the title without signing him or the beegees were rubbish because they couldn't sell more albums than the beetles. Thats the kind of argument you are giving.

141241[/snapback]

Sorry, your analogies are wrong, because you are comparing entirely different teams or bands. If a team doesn't miss a player, does that not say something about that player? Roeder makes the comparison of Parker and Gerrard. Do you not think Liverpool miss Gerrard when he doesn't play? Do their results improve without him in the team? I don't think so.

It's just my opinion, shared by a minority of others, that this year he hasn't contributed enough positive moves to the team. Whether that is all down to Souness or is a limitation of the player I don't know. My personal feeling is that the crowd likw him because he "gives 110%" and wins tackles. For me, that is not enough. I am on record as saying I didn't like Batty, and I feel Parker is a player in the same mould.

As for the chip on the shoulder comment (from Brock), don't be daft, I have nowt against the lad, and at least he doesn't get into trouble off the pitch. I made that point as I thought Scottish Mag's comment was daft (and for that matter innaccurate) regarding him saying we haven't played any decent teams when Parker was out.

Nice to read that Roeder knows he isn't just a defensive midfielder. :(

141066[/snapback]

As usual Glenn knows something simple that was beyond the reckoning of Fuckwitt Souness a man who would play a midfield of Parker and Faye at home against crap opposition and make Faye the attackign midfielder!

Parker can do the job of defensive midfielder and do it well, but particularly at home he will be better used as a box to box player who still looks after defensive duties as and when needed.

141146[/snapback]

I'm not convinced about his goal scoring tbh. He didn't score much for Charlton either, did he? We need more goals from the midfield next year with our paucity of strikers - one or two wonder goals a season isn't going to cut it.

141151[/snapback]

So i get ostracised for saying bellamy didnt score enough and thats the most important thing for a striker, yet youre saying parker isnt good enough cos he doesnt score enough . . . and hes more of a holding midfield player :(

As for the chip on the shoulder comment (from Brock), don't be daft, I have nowt against the lad, and at least he doesn't get into trouble off the pitch. I made that point as I thought Scottish Mag's comment was daft (and for that matter innaccurate) regarding him saying we haven't played any decent teams when Parker was out.

So you think my "comment" was daft fair dos. Personally I do not think West Brom, Birmingham and Sunderland are decent sides as their respective league places showed. I also think we played against a depleted Chelsea side whose results since winning the league were that of a team not caring. I`ll give you Boro and maybe Spurs, however I do think we got Spurs on a good day as they were absolutely shocking against us and it was a right good win for us on the day against a team who were a shadow of the side they had been all season.

Supermac had an article in the Chronicle the day we signed Warren Barton claiming we'd signed the best right-sided player in Europe (along with Dino Baggio at the time). That's the best example I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there are plenty others.

141139[/snapback]

Mirandinha was the best Brazilian since Pele and was certain to deliver Newcastle United the First Division title as well IIRC....

What do you mean Supermac had a 'cut' in the transfer? :(

Warren Barton was quite possibly the most overated player of his generation. The fact he commanded a record transfer fee for a defender. played for england and held down a regular starting place with at least 3 newcastle managers is beggars belief.

141066[/snapback]

As usual Glenn knows something simple that was beyond the reckoning of Fuckwitt Souness a man who would play a midfield of Parker and Faye at home against crap opposition and make Faye the attackign midfielder!

Parker can do the job of defensive midfielder and do it well, but particularly at home he will be better used as a box to box player who still looks after defensive duties as and when needed.

141146[/snapback]

I'm not convinced about his goal scoring tbh. He didn't score much for Charlton either, did he? We need more goals from the midfield next year with our paucity of strikers - one or two wonder goals a season isn't going to cut it.

141151[/snapback]

So i get ostracised for saying bellamy didnt score enough and thats the most important thing for a striker, yet youre saying parker isnt good enough cos he doesnt score enough . . . and hes more of a holding midfield player :(

141318[/snapback]

What are you on about being ostracized for thinking that? :(

If you have had the piss taken out of you or been ignored I think it might be for other reasons..... :(

As it happens I was also of the opinion that Bellamy didn't score enough for us, I wasn't his number one fan, although that part of his game has improved immensely with good management. Parker is a completely different matter though, he hardly ever scores at all. I don't buy this "holding" midfielders don't score, not to the extent they are being outscored by our centrebacks. And then we are told he's "box to box".....

Waiting for Shearergol to say but Makalele..... :( :(

Supermac had an article in the Chronicle the day we signed Warren Barton claiming we'd signed the best right-sided player in Europe (along with Dino Baggio at the time). That's the best example I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there are plenty others.

141139[/snapback]

And Supermac also said that Gordon Lee was a crap manager despite the fact that the team finished 10 places higher after Lee sold himself [supermac] and qualified for europe, a position it took 18 years to reach again.

And Gordon Lee went on to finish in the top 4 with Everton for 3 years and build the basis of the team that won the League, FA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup while Supermac disappeared in yet another Wembley Final with Arsenal.

Bottler supreme, like Terry Henry

He's good on legends sometimes, although he should tell Gates and Bernie Slavers now and again they are both arseholes that support clubs that are in Newcastle's shadow and always will be.

To be fair to Malcolm, he admits now in his book that Lee was right to sell him, although the legions of Newcastle fans who for some reason preferred to see the team finish 15th for 3 consecutive years with MacDonald in it rather than 5th without him in it is staggeringly to say the least.

141066[/snapback]

141146[/snapback]

141151[/snapback]

141318[/snapback]

If you have had the piss taken out of you or been ignored I think it might be for other reasons..... :(

As it happens I was also of the opinion that Bellamy didn't score enough for us, I wasn't his number one fan, although that part of his game has improved immensely with good management. Parker is a completely different matter though, he hardly ever scores at all. I don't buy this "holding" midfielders don't score, not to the extent they are being outscored by our centrebacks. And then we are told he's "box to box".....

141331[/snapback]

Vieira and Keane tended to be on 2-3 a season, with the odd exception. Not that he's anywhere near them like.

My problem with Supermac is that when Parker had an excellent game he couldn't bring himself to praise him for it. I think Jenas is shit, but if he was to have a good game for Spurs or England I'd say so. Supermac knows he's gone OTT, has been slagged for it, and it's just made him more determined to stick to his view.

My problem with Supermac is that when Parker had an excellent game he couldn't bring himself to praise him for it. I think Jenas is shit, but if he was to have a good game for Spurs or England I'd say so. Supermac knows he's gone OTT, has been slagged for it, and it's just made him more determined to stick to his view.

141378[/snapback]

Stubborn old bastard like, but that is common with increasing age. Ask Bobby Robson or LeazesMag. :(

Oh, and I've always been stubborn, but I agree Parker has been excellent on ocassion.

Guest alex

141378[/snapback]

Same with me.

141066[/snapback]

141146[/snapback]

141151[/snapback]

So i get ostracised for saying bellamy didnt score enough and thats the most important thing for a striker, yet youre saying parker isnt good enough cos he doesnt score enough . . . and hes more of a holding midfield player :blush:

141318[/snapback]

141331[/snapback]

Makelele tbh :(

141378[/snapback]

Yeah, stubborn bastard syndrome which you see/hear exhibited by many fans during matches.

Once these types have decided they don't rate somebody, whether its a commonly held view or one they are ina minority with, they just dig their heels in and get worse with time. So noi matter how good the player does they refuse to even acknowledge it and the second they make a mistake they jump on it with what borders on joy at the mistake, even though it costs NUFC overall.

141124[/snapback]

141135[/snapback]

141241[/snapback]

I am on record as saying I didn't like Batty, and I feel Parker is a player in the same mould.

141314[/snapback]

I too thought Batty changed us (and R.Lee) for the worse.

For me Parker doesn't release the ball quickly enough. I think the majority see that he wins the ball well, and doesn't lose it in possession. BUT as a consequence while he is turning (and sometimes turning again) to get out of trouble and maintain possession, the oppositions defenders are recovering their positions and the chance of exploiting space is gone.

141124[/snapback]

141135[/snapback]

141241[/snapback]

I am on record as saying I didn't like Batty, and I feel Parker is a player in the same mould.

141314[/snapback]

I too thought Batty changed us (and R.Lee) for the worse.

For me Parker doesn't release the ball quickly enough. I think the majority see that he wins the ball well, and doesn't lose it in possession. BUT as a consequence while he is turning (and sometimes turning again) to get out of trouble and maintain possession, the oppositions defenders are recovering their positions and the chance of exploiting space is gone.

141720[/snapback]

Does anyone think that might have something to do with him not having viable options to pass to. I can't remember tbh, but what do you lot think?

Guest alex

Yes, good point. Seen him look up a few times early in the season and all his options were a load of players who didn't really want the ball and weren't making runs. I'm sure he would have looked even better under Roeder were it not for getting glandular fever.