Scott Parker

Scottish Mag

141314[/snapback]

Does anyone think that might have something to do with him not having viable options to pass to. I can't remember tbh, but what do you lot think?

141731[/snapback]

As with many players he was being handicapped by fuckwitt souness and his depressing, awful tactics and style of football.

Numerous times Parker would get the ball, look left, see nothing, look right, see nothing and so on because we had no width, no attack and were playing with a team devoid of motivation and morale. He was often right to keep it as he had no option and would be throwin possesion away.

So this season we should see whether he can use the ball more quickly or whether he does have a tendency towards keeping it longer than is required.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

141314[/snapback]

Does anyone think that might have something to do with him not having viable options to pass to. I can't remember tbh, but what do you lot think?

141731[/snapback]

As with many players he was being handicapped by fuckwitt souness and his depressing, awful tactics and style of football.

Numerous times Parker would get the ball, look left, see nothing, look right, see nothing and so on because we had no width, no attack and were playing with a team devoid of motivation and morale. He was often right to keep it as he had no option and would be throwin possesion away.

So this season we should see whether he can use the ball more quickly or whether he does have a tendency towards keeping it longer than is required.

141740[/snapback]

Perhaps that is the case. I truly hope it is.

I think I said the other day that I think Parker has the ability to adapt and play a little more quickly.

141314[/snapback]

141731[/snapback]

141740[/snapback]

Perhaps that is the case. I truly hope it is.

I think I said the other day that I think Parker has the ability to adapt and play a little more quickly.

141742[/snapback]

Yeah, one thing we have lacked for a while now is pace. Not just fast players but also a fast style of football, moving the ball quickly, especially on the counter attack.

Renton is Supermac's mouth (and occasional ring) piece.  FACT!

141124[/snapback]

:(

So answer me this - why were we much better without Parker in the team? The fact that his disappearance more or less coincided with Souness going might have something to do with it :( , but seriously, I don't know why people rave about him.

As usual I will be proved right with time..... :(

141135[/snapback]

What a silly argument. Like someone said, that makes chopra and ameobi better than shearer and owen :(

Cant believe how daft somepeople can be. You might as well have said that ronaldinho sucks since chelsea won the title without signing him or the beegees were rubbish because they couldn't sell more albums than the beetles. Thats the kind of argument you are giving.

No personal offence mate, but that post just drove me up the wall.

141241[/snapback]

Sorry, your analogies are wrong, because you are comparing entirely different teams or bands. If a team doesn't miss a player, does that not say something about that player? Roeder makes the comparison of Parker and Gerrard. Do you not think Liverpool miss Gerrard when he doesn't play? Do their results improve without him in the team? I don't think so.

It's just my opinion, shared by a minority of others, that this year he hasn't contributed enough positive moves to the team. Whether that is all down to Souness or is a limitation of the player I don't know. My personal feeling is that the crowd likw him because he "gives 110%" and wins tackles. For me, that is not enough. I am on record as saying I didn't like Batty, and I feel Parker is a player in the same mould.

As for the chip on the shoulder comment (from Brock), don't be daft, I have nowt against the lad, and at least he doesn't get into trouble off the pitch. I made that point as I thought Scottish Mag's comment was daft (and for that matter innaccurate) regarding him saying we haven't played any decent teams when Parker was out.

141314[/snapback]

When the time period is this short, no, because there are a hundred other factors that are involved.

And as for the gerrard-parker 'comparison' it wasnt a comparison at all. Roeder was just saying that parker could turn out to be as important for us as gerrard is for liverpool. That doesnt necessarily mean he is going to be as good as gerrard.

Well I think Parker is overhyped a bit, but I'm a bit mythed as to why Supermac hates him so much. Don't see what he's done wrong personally.

Must be angry that these other players don't get such praise.

A few points:

Almost all of the players improved after Roeder took over - Parker didn't get much of a chance to (and was ill when he did play) but the same improvement as some of the other players from his baseline last season would have been a tad impressive.

We did "okay" in the run in but got away with Faye and Clark too much and struggled with Charlie in the middle - I can't see how people can say we wouldn't have been better witha fit Parker.

The season before he signed for Chelsea I think he scored 10 goals for Charlton.

The season before he signed for Chelsea I think he scored 10 goals for Charlton.

I am sure it was only 4.

142063[/snapback]

Yeah I've checked and you're right - I honestly thought his sudden energence as a goalscorer was highlighted when Chelsea signed him. Oh Well - stll think he's an excellent player.

he's the kind of player that we need, gives his all for the team and is a good box to box player. does not release the ball quckly enough and can't pass as well as he should be able to..

he's not

1) a holding player as his distribution lets im down

2) attacking midfielder ( lacks the killer pass)

he is

an all rounder with no really great attributes

would work well in a 5 man mid field with emre pushed further forward, and with a classy holding midfielder.

Although i believe Parker is capable of being a good player for us and did have some good games last season, i feel he is overhyped. He goes to gound too often for me and plays too many backwards and sideways balls. Also often he gets himself into awkward positions then does well to get out of them, when he shouldnt have got into them in the first place.