Rooney to miss World Cup

Guest alex

Guest alex

Breaking news on the Beeb. Won't be ready to resume training for another 6 weeks (i.e. the week of the final). Looks like Gol's info was duff :(

Like it how the Skysports website is saying that he just definitely miss the group stage... probably having to do with this morning's exclusive in the S*n...

Edited by Isegrim

What a fucking con. They sack his doctor, delay the announcement 24 hours and then depsite every report that he will be fit, he wont be.

Fergie should be fucking shot. With any luck Sven will kick up a stink and ask for his own doctor to see the scans

What a fucking con. They sack his doctor, delay the announcement 24 hours and then depsite every report that he will be fit, he wont be.

Fergie should be fucking shot. With any luck Sven will kick up a stink and ask for his own doctor to see the scans

141533[/snapback]

Bollocks. Who pays his wages? If he was a Newcastle player, no way would I want to risk him.

FFS it was a relatively complicated fracture. Look how long it's taken Owen to recover from a similar injury. Plus, Rooney's a fat bastard. Any hope of recovery in time for the world cup were always wildly optimistic imo.

I think they will still take him, even if its just for the latter stages.

With the ManUre doctor spouting off that Rooney is making the perfect recovery and that he'll be fit in time has been shown as being bollocks, perhaps this is why he was dismissed.

I doubt Ferguson is behind this tbh. If the advice Rooney was given by the doctor suggested that he could go to the WC and Fergie told him to forget it, he'd leave the club. It makes sense that it's going to take him 3 months to recover - it did last time.

I think they will still take him, even if its just for the latter stages.

With the ManUre doctor spouting off that Rooney is making the perfect recovery and that he'll be fit in time has been shown as being bollocks, perhaps this is why he was dismissed.

141544[/snapback]

It was the England team doctor that was making the "perfect recovery" claims, I think. That Leif Sward bloke.

It's a big shame like. England's hopes aside, the WC is all about seeing the top players play on the biggest stage. Fully fit he would have been one of the players of the tournament.

Massive risk taking him like considering the other striking options. Can't see him going.

141551[/snapback]

Agreed, but I honestly think he'll be on the plane.

Massive risk taking him like considering the other striking options. Can't see him going.

141551[/snapback]

Agreed, but I honestly think he'll be on the plane.

141553[/snapback]

No way Fergie will allow it, I don't reckon. Not if he's only gonna be fit for the final. Although dickhead Sven did say he would take him even if that was the only game he would be fit for.

141551[/snapback]

Needs to leave him out now-instantly imho. Massively unsettling for the squad having it all up in the air.

Just bring a full quota of strikers and drop some useless shitbag who's just making up the numbers to make room for Rooney.

On a completely separate issue, is Jenas in the squad?

Just bring a full quota of strikers and drop some useless shitbag who's just making up the numbers to make room for Rooney.

On a completely separate issue, is Jenas in the squad?

141560[/snapback]

we can only swap out injured players now cant we? Otherwise id be kicking hargreaves back to germany. hes a fucking liability! Carrick also showed last night he isnt england class. he cant even lift a free kick off the floor! Those 2 and jenas are making up the numbers and will probably not even get a game!

Guest alex

If he was anywhere near as good as Pele was in 1958 I think he might have played for Arsenal before now. He wasn't even in the Champions League Final squad. I agree though, here's hoping.

I think thats more to do with the fact that wenger wanted to protect him a bit. Plus, its not like wenger was short of decent players this season.

He looked lively when he got the ball last night, great burst between 2 players and a great snapshot too. It was a bad game for his debut though because or midfield seemed more content to pass sideways and backwards and the strikers saw very little of the ball.

we can only swap out injured players now cant we? Otherwise id be kicking hargreaves back to germany. hes a fucking liability! Carrick also showed last night he isnt england class. he cant even lift a free kick off the floor! Those 2 and jenas are making up the numbers and will probably not even get a game!

141562[/snapback]

Asking an Irishman about World Cup regulations? :(

I'm better on controlled demolitions tbh.