The girlfriend has just said to me...

adios

"Get some young kid wet behind the ears."

I thought that was worthy of it's own thread; I'm quoting her completely out of context, of course.

Unfortunately it was a business discussion.

Please note: we are not in any way involved with the child ponograohy industry.

Do you work with your lass like?  You work from home too don't you?

141613[/snapback]

Correct on both counts, not much work getting done recently.

Do you work with your lass like?  You work from home too don't you?

141613[/snapback]

Correct on both counts, not much work getting done recently.

141615[/snapback]

I'd love to work from home full time, but only because I'd do nothing. So I'd soon get sacked. I used to have that luxury in my old job and it was like having an extra holiday allowance.

Is it missing a comma?

141626[/snapback]

Yes comma but she rarely uses them in every hyphen day speech full stop semi colon close bracket

I'd love to work from home full time, but only because I'd do nothing.  So I'd soon get sacked.  I used to have that luxury in my old job and it was like having an extra holiday allowance.

141624[/snapback]

I tend to go through phases where I do nothing but work, even though I've noticed the gaps between getting longer recently, and she's dilligent, so it works out.

I can't be inactive, to be honest, I have trouble not treating everything like work.

I can't be inactive, to be honest, I have trouble not treating everything like work.

141641[/snapback]

Weirdo. :( Pissing about on the internet is basically being inactive though and you do that canny well.

Weirdo. :(  Pissing about on the internet is basically being inactive though and you do that canny well.

141642[/snapback]

Fair point. You do realise I'm frantically switching between about 6 different tasks while I do this though, right? :(

Burning more calories on this keyboard than you will this week tbh. :(

I was supposed to be doing the Blaydon Race in a fortnight, but I've announced my retirement from the event today. Much to the disgust of everyone else at work that's doing it. :(

I was supposed to be doing the Blaydon Race in a fortnight, but I've announced my retirement from the event today.  Much to the disgust of everyone else at work that's doing it. :(

141647[/snapback]

What was your excuse, were you a bit hoarse?

Edited by DotBum

I was supposed to be doing the Blaydon Race in a fortnight, but I've announced my retirement from the event today.  Much to the disgust of everyone else at work that's doing it. :(

141647[/snapback]

141663[/snapback]

I don't geddit. :(

141647[/snapback]

141663[/snapback]

I don't geddit. :(

141877[/snapback]

141611[/snapback]

Is that for Craig's benefit?

141849[/snapback]

I think the industry is aimed at more than one person, unfortunately.

do you work in different rooms and email eachother throughout the day?

I bet you synch your pee breaks so you can meet up for a quicky in the toilet without the boss knowing.

141611[/snapback]

So lets get this straight, your lass works from home and shes advocating the employment of some 18 year old kid to also work from your home....

hmmmm and she has somebody in mind for the job eh? :D

you'll soon find that you're being asked to go to the shops, "why dont you get yourself out for a walk love your looking a little tense, in fact go to the pub, me n little Billy here will be fine, Im just going to go through him I mean his particulars and give him one errrr I mean give him some on site training" :nufc:

So lets get this straight, your lass works from home and shes advocating the employment of some 18 year old kid to also work from your home....

hmmmm and she has somebody in mind for the job eh?  :(

you'll soon find that you're being asked to go to the shops, "why dont you get yourself out for a walk love your looking a little tense, in fact go to the pub, me n little Billy here will be fine, Im just going to go through him I mean his particulars and give him one errrr I mean give him some on site training"  :D

142024[/snapback]

:nufc: She'd no-one in mind, but he'd want to be blessed, he wouldn't even be in the same country.

do you work in different rooms and email eachother throughout the day?

I bet you synch your pee breaks so you can meet up for a quicky in the toilet without the boss knowing.

142006[/snapback]

:nufc: She hasn't found a desk she likes for the new place yet, so not at the moment, but usually yes.

As for the other bit, if I catch wind of anything like that going on, there'll be trouble.